Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 10:48 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,453,175 times

Advertisements

Buy that house and you will find you have the neighbor from hell, never mind that he is a minister, they can be real sob's just like everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 02:54 PM

704 posts, read 2,062,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Buy that house and you will find you have the neighbor from hell, never mind that he is a minister, they can be real sob's just like everyone else.
ok, I've read enough since my last post.
Here is the deal.
My agent said no judge would uphold any easement or assumed possession because someone parked somewhere for 7 or more years without permission thus giving them the right to park there forever.

It's a minister and his wife and son. I'm not clear on who drives the car they like to park "3 wide" like race horses headed for home.
If the car leaves or arrives at a time of day, and the shutting of the door bothers me if I am sleeping, I'll give them a notice that a fence or a pole in the middle of this 7 foot space is going up.
I have four 6 foot fence sections and no place to use any.

My insurance man told me in front of his employees, damage to the man's car from a "healthy" tree in a storm is an act of God and the damage would be paid by the man's comprehensive insurance or his own pocket.
If his car caused personal injury, then my home owner's liability would cover that so my agent implied it is impossible for me to be liable in any way unless, I was working on the roof and dropped a tool on his car, etc.

I am making a very lowball offer next week on this house. I'm providing a list of defects.
#1 defect is that Fannie Mae has been negligent as owner of the property in not putting up a fence to stop trespassers. This negligence is their attempt to let someone else inherit and assume liability for property damage or personal injury. I've stated that I will provide the materials and the labor and they the seller will inform the neighbor that for them to sell the property a fence is going up. I doubt they take my offer. They refused my last offer. They wanted 40, I offered 35, they countered with 39 (weren't they nice to do that) and now they want $34,900.
I'm offering 29 with reasons, through my agent.

Someone mentioned ministers from parts unknown. Well, the lady across the street parked her car on her own curb. The minister's wife went over and put a note on the ladies windshield demanding she not park there any more because of fear that she'd back into the car.
So, the minister's wife ain't no angel.

I don't care if they never speak to me, if I put up a fence or nice 4 inch pipe full of concrete in the middle of that 7 foot space. He's actually parking on 3 lots, the front end of his car is on school district property, then the middle of his car on my lot, and the rear end on his lot. This lot is only .07 acres so the reason his little car is on 3 lots is that my backyard is only 4 feet, property line to back wall. When he has his car parked on the 12 inch square bricks he made as a driveway, the right side of his car is only 2 feet from the corner of my house.
The couple on the other side are disabled and very sick. They won't cause any issues.
I was trying to create a user name for a site and I kept being told the name was already taken so I used the name of a friend I had in Isreal.
Naeem...........so now you know I'm from the state of S.C.

They won't take my offer, but who knows, a month from now, they may go down to 30. They had one other offer and when he found out he had no backyard he walked. I am disabled and can not cut grass, so the backyard is perfect for me, and the entire grassy area back there is kept cut by the owner, the school district.

Old 07-04-2010, 03:01 PM

704 posts, read 2,062,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Well, I might get to the point, that I go to the local paper and pay for a front page, human interest story, so his entire congregation knows he trespasses and refuses to stop.
The previous owner's have not cared, all were tenants with the landlord living miles away, like 75 miles, so no one noticed or even cared that he parked there. Every tree nearby is "healthy" with all limbs having nice green leaves. The tree that most affects his property is a big one owned by the school district beside his fence. He claims a limb from that tree landed in the bed of his truck = no damage.

I know minister's. My current neighbor owns the mobile home and his own daughter has been evicted out of here 2 times. And when he does find a tenant it is someone from his church and they get evicted too for drugs, etc. So, there is a minister who's own family members, and church members, can't live in here without getting evicted.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:38 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,135,489 times
Your mind is already made up before you did the original post.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:46 PM

1,266 posts, read 3,216,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Your mind is already made up before you did the original post.
Perhaps reading five pages of arguments mostly against his decision helped him to justify it in his mind.

Gotta admire his dedication to the pursuit of what he wants.

Old 07-05-2010, 02:59 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,359,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecypher5413 View Post
Perhaps reading five pages of arguments mostly against his decision helped him to justify it in his mind.

Gotta admire his dedication to the pursuit of what he wants.
Exactly. Sometimes people want information about what they may face in a certain situation - but that doesn't mean they want to be talked out of it.

He's doing research - which is a good thing!

Old 07-05-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
Exactly. Sometimes people want information about what they may face in a certain situation - but that doesn't mean they want to be talked out of it.

He's doing research - which is a good thing!
If you read his lengthy post in the Real Estate forum, he comes across as a "pro" in buying foreclsed properties.

Surprised a " pro" would be posting here complainging that his $35,000 foreclosed house has some "issues".

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear regardless of how many $$$$$$$$$ of profit are dancing in your head.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:07 AM

10,952 posts, read 6,741,410 times
I sense an only slightly veiled disdain for the minister, and respectfully I say that the minister is the one who's going to suffer here, not the future parcel owner.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naeem5 View Post
I'm looking to by a house. There is a minister and his wife on one side. They have 3 vehicles. They have been parking one by pulling up past the back corner of the house and about half the car is in my backyard. Then on the other side, they have 4 cars and park one in front on mine and another in my driveway. Mine or whoever moves in.
The lady with 4 cars is hard to get to the door and she acts like she does not know what is going on and has all the reasons why they only have 2 cars, daughter is moving, husband will park "down" the street.

I've told them my home owner's insurance won't cover damage to their cars.

Is this correct?
If there is a storm and a tree that is in my yard has large limbs and branches that reach over into these people's yards, break and damage their cars, even if they are parked in their own yards, am I liable?

They have trees whose limbs reach over my property too.

What happens when a tree is one yard damages something in another yard?

I got an answer to the people, I'll put up fences.

Wondering the insurance issues.

Thanks.

----I've told them my home owner's insurance won't cover damage to their cars----

Of course your home owner's insurance will not cover anything on a house you are ----looking to buy.

It's the bank that owns that house thru foreclosure that gotta worry about that stuff.

For a --looker--you frankly got no business dictating to possible neighbors what they can or can't do,

If I lived next to a run down shack that was in foreclosure, I wouldn't take kindly to some investor dictating the rules to me just cuz he is------looking to buy----- that house.

Old 07-06-2010, 11:22 AM

37,077 posts, read 42,050,241 times
I love the idea of some pretty landscaping and tossing in a couple of big boulders. It serves so many purposes; it looks nice, clearly seperates the properties, and prevents cars from "wandering" into your yard all without seeming like an obvious attempt to rope off your neighbors..good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance