Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 11:57 PM

14,229 posts, read 29,926,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
The wedding would be a great place to start, LOL. Maybe a banner reading "where's my 7K?" strategically positioned for photos; a gift of 7,000 pieces of papaer with FU written on it. Got access to her shoes? Use white out to write dead on sole of left shoe, beat on the other. Will make an interesting commotion in church when she's kneeling at the altar.

Please tell me you aren't in the wedding party?

But then again if you are, easier to sabotage the event

Use your imagination. Computers make fabricating letters so easy. How about sending a letter from a medical lab confirming her case of VD?

Seriously, even if you decide not to go through with any of your ideas, just planning them can be cathartic and give you a much needed laugh.
Love this idea. It's a great fantasy but(sigh) not something I would do.

But I can dream about it a LOT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
  1. It looks like she is going to file on her present income, then after having it discharged , marry the rich guy ....
How convienant...
It does work out well for her.....and him.

Old 07-12-2010, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Consider it a lesson learned.... but if you buy her a wedding present, I will have to smack you in the head!
No gift from me.... Funeral wreaths were an idea for a few minutes.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:21 PM

660 posts, read 1,393,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
To qualify for a chapter 7 you have to pass a means test, or make less than the median income for your state. If she has a good job, but meets the requirements, she can file a 7. If I make $90,000 a year, but my mortgage payments are $3000 a month, my car payment is $500 a month, and I have student loans, child support, daycare, health insurance premiums, and other items that can't be discharged that eat up my disposable income, it doesn't' matter that I make $90k, I can qualify for chapter 7. However, if I make $56K a year, and have a paid off home, no student loans or other non-discharged debt, I will not qualify for a chapter 7 because I have disposable income.
I see. I have a friend who filed for Chapter 7 and the Judge refused so then she filed for Chapter 13 and was refused once again. She's only making $52,000/yr. but had acquired a lot of debt (not sure as she wouldn't give me the full details but it was way over her ability to pay it back), but since she had a full time job, the Judge wasn't allowing it so she couldn't get the debts written off or have a forced payment plan.

I guess I was trying to give the OP some hope that maybe she won't get away with not repaying his debt like she'd like to. And I'm surprised that someone would want to marry a person who cons people into giving her money. :P

Old 07-12-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysovereign View Post
I see. I have a friend who filed for Chapter 7 and the Judge refused so then she filed for Chapter 13 and was refused once again. She's only making $52,000/yr. but had acquired a lot of debt (not sure as she wouldn't give me the full details but it was way over her ability to pay it back), but since she had a full time job, the Judge wasn't allowing it so she couldn't get the debts written off or have a forced payment plan.

I guess I was trying to give the OP some hope that maybe she won't get away with not repaying his debt like she'd like to. And I'm surprised that someone would want to marry a person who cons people into giving her money. :P
Just goes to show there's someone out there for everyone.

And in the interest of honesty, I don't BELIEVE she never intended to pay me back. I think she did. But the more I read about BK, the more I learn. You can't give preferential treatment to one debt over another or pick and choose who you don't want to pay.

BUT most people don't screw their friends either.

I saw a picture of her ring today and I think she could pay me back twice with what it cost. Beautiful. Platinum and diamonds. Must be nice.

Old 07-12-2010, 05:31 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,081,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
The wedding would be a great place to start, LOL. Maybe a banner reading "where's my 7K?" strategically positioned for photos; a gift of 7,000 pieces of papaer with FU written on it. Got access to her shoes? Use white out to write dead on sole of left shoe, beat on the other. Will make an interesting commotion in church when she's kneeling at the altar.

Please tell me you aren't in the wedding party?

But then again if you are, easier to sabotage the event

Use your imagination. Computers make fabricating letters so easy. How about sending a letter from a medical lab confirming her case of VD?

Seriously, even if you decide not to go through with any of your ideas, just planning them can be cathartic and give you a much needed laugh.
You're not evil enough.

I'd sleep with the groom, then demand 7K in hush money.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:19 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,032,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
True.... The only thing people will get from me from now on is the suicide prevention hotline and good wishes for their survival.
Once the sting wears off you will find there is a happy medium. We NEVER loan money or cosign but we have gifted money on occasion, after much thought and consideration. No strings attached, no possibility of sore feelings or anyone being taken advantage of.
I'm sorry your friend is such a louse and that you had to learn a $7000 lesson but don't let this experience stifle your generous spirit.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:36 AM

660 posts, read 1,393,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
And in the interest of honesty, I don't BELIEVE she never intended to pay me back. I think she did. But the more I read about BK, the more I learn. You can't give preferential treatment to one debt over another or pick and choose who you don't want to pay.

BUT most people don't screw their friends either.

I saw a picture of her ring today and I think she could pay me back twice with what it cost. Beautiful. Platinum and diamonds. Must be nice.
Maybe at the time she borrowed the money, she had good intentions but changed her mind once she thought she could get away with it?

Yeah, I'd be irritated too if I saw someone wearing a beautiful Platinum and Diamond ring who tried to 'weasel' their way out of repaying their debt to me. Too bad you can't invite her over and then she during that time goes to wash her hands and somehow leaves the ring on your bathroom sink. "Uhh what ring? I didn't see any ring!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
You're not evil enough.
I'd sleep with the groom, then demand 7K in hush money.
Or this can work too.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:45 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,572,644 times
Be patient and you will probably get your money back. I lent a bunch of money to a friend one time and he moved out of town. Several years later he stopped by and paid me double what he had borrowed.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:41 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,122,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Be patient and you will probably get your money back. I lent a bunch of money to a friend one time and he moved out of town. Several years later he stopped by and paid me double what he had borrowed.
Had he filed bankruptcy also ?

I've known a few deadbeats who filed bankruptcy.

Never knew a single one who re-payed a debt after bankruptcy erased it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance