Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 04:02 PM

32 posts, read 74,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
I agree. I think that people who worry about their FICO score first and foremost are playing the game by a set of rules set up by people who don't have their best interests at heart. The whole thing is designed to keep people in permanent debt, permanently paying interest, fees, etc. to the people from whom they have borrowed the money.

We need to get smart and turn the game around on them. Don't borrow unless you have a strategic purpose. Don't buy what you can't afford now. Use borrowing to your advantage to build wealth, rather than throw it away for instant gratification. The whole FICO/credit industry conglomerate is not interested in your real financial health, just your ability to suck yourself dry paying interest to them endlessly. It's not necessary to play the game by their rules.

Financial health first, and FICO will take of itself. And the more financially healthy you are, the less FICO is relevant in any case.
I so agree! The FICO score is so flawed. One of the first people that was really big about the FICO score and acted like it was the most important thing in the world was Suzie Orman. She never says that Fair Issaic pays her millions!!!!! Do you think her opinion might be a bit biased by that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 01:36 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,746,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambermerci View Post
I'm divorced, for about 2 years now. Separated 4. Anywho...during the time we were married , we signed documents together including leases.
Unfortunately, we were legally evicted from the last place we rented before I came to stay with my parents. I tried to get out of it because at the time I was in school and caring for my son, but the landlord said it was too late because my name was on the lease.
Anyways, id like to get my own apt, and I'm scared that no one will rent to me.
I don't make that much so I've been looking into low income housing, but I don't want my options to be so limited just because I was screwed over.
Any advice?
You just have to pay a deposit for the low-income housing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance