Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 02:19 PM

33 posts, read 82,620 times

Advertisements

Is it risky financially to share an apartment with a boyfriend who has bad credit,divorced and still owes alimony to his child? Or it's better for me to live with a roommate I don't know and not be binded with his past debts or crimes? I also, have to repay a debt from unemployment, because they denied my benefits and unfortunately, I was bank robbed after that, which made it worse for me! The bank,policemen, and detective ignored my robbery , because the robbers were 2 Black people who betrayed me and disguised themselves as a banker with a son that goes to UCLA and married woman who was a business partner with her husband(construction),a daughter has 6 children in Atlanta,and on top of that: constantly bragging how much she needed a new car for her only daughter,fix her house in Trinidad,and how much she wanted to invest money on her grandchildren college. (By the way, I'm not racist)

As off-topic this may be, they all add up to more problems and I like to avoid living with someone that will create thoughtless,greedy,selfish debts toward me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 02:24 PM

6,115 posts, read 12,480,001 times
wow .....

"Is it risky financially to share an apartment with a boyfriend who has bad credit,divorced and still owes alimony to his child?" = Yes.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:25 PM

2,568 posts, read 6,728,673 times
What is the point of dating someone so financially irresponsible? Do you want to marry him at some point?
The risky part would be if he stopped paying his share of rent and utilities and you were stuck with the bills. You run that risk with any roommate. Other than that as long you do not add him to any of your accounts you are not responsible for his debts.

Old 08-13-2010, 03:01 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,483,446 times
One opf teh real risk is that it does not ahve a standard solution of teh divorce courts and can get messy with no community property in any propeerty disputes or other.

Old 08-13-2010, 03:11 PM

22,231 posts, read 47,157,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleures87 View Post
Is it risky financially to share an apartment with a boyfriend who has bad credit,divorced and still owes alimony to his child?
Wow!
Do you really NOT know the answer to that?

And WHY do you want a future with this guy?

Old 08-14-2010, 07:07 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,228,548 times
Most people are their own worst enemies due to bad decisions, lack of self-respect/esteem and behavior. You are much better off screening a responsible room mate and then work hard to associate yourself with more responsible people. Are you responsible for your own actions and finances? Would you make a desirable, reliable room mate based on that answer? (you don't have to answer that here)

Take care of yourself first. Keep the room mate situation well defined, platonic and then you can focus on kicking some of the drama out of your life. I really wish you well.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:52 PM

36,499 posts, read 53,772,135 times
this guy sounds like not only a risky roommate but also a risky boyfriend

Old 08-15-2010, 02:23 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,661,960 times
OP are you receiving counseling ?

Your story sounds off in a big way and I wonder how much of it is really occuring versus your immgination ?

Old 08-15-2010, 02:26 PM

4,796 posts, read 22,834,796 times
Quote:
I also, have to repay a debt from unemployment, because they denied my benefits and unfortunately, I was bank robbed after that, which made it worse for me! The bank,policemen, and detective ignored my robbery , because the robbers were 2 Black people who betrayed me and disguised themselves as a banker with a son that goes to UCLA and married woman who was a business partner with her husband(construction),a daughter has 6 children in Atlanta,and on top of that: constantly bragging how much she needed a new car for her only daughter,fix her house in Trinidad,and how much she wanted to invest money on her grandchildren college. (By the way, I'm not racist)
You both sound like a train wreck. The first step to financial soundness is accepting responsibility for your actions and your situation, and not blaming other people.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:14 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,600,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleures87 View Post
Is it risky financially to share an apartment with a boyfriend who has bad credit,divorced and still owes alimony to his child? Or it's better for me to live with a roommate I don't know and not be binded with his past debts or crimes? I also, have to repay a debt from unemployment, because they denied my benefits and unfortunately, I was bank robbed after that, which made it worse for me! The bank,policemen, and detective ignored my robbery , because the robbers were 2 Black people who betrayed me and disguised themselves as a banker with a son that goes to UCLA and married woman who was a business partner with her husband(construction),a daughter has 6 children in Atlanta,and on top of that: constantly bragging how much she needed a new car for her only daughter,fix her house in Trinidad,and how much she wanted to invest money on her grandchildren college. (By the way, I'm not racist)

As off-topic this may be, they all add up to more problems and I like to avoid living with someone that will create thoughtless,greedy,selfish debts toward me.
There is no hope for you...........unless.........you grab your boot straps and get the hell out away from all the people you now know and associate with.

Your lifestyle now is one big spiral......downward......unless you take action to change it. True story...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance