Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2010, 07:04 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,123,802 times

Advertisements

Quick scenario:
Had auto loan with Citi and had a guy call my husband's cell phone demanding truck payment. Had no idea that loan had been sold, no notice. We weren't about to give our personal financial info to someone who calls us and tells us we owe him money. So, we called Citi to find out yes our loan had been sold and they admitted to not sending notice out yet.
When we tried to call new loan company, they wouldn't talk to us because we didn't know our acct number. When we finanally got ahold of a person, they were very rude, wanted our payment immediately with a late fee and $14.95 processing fee. We had Citi set up on automatic payments and the financial info didn't transfer over and we were 11 days late. But then again, we didn't know our loan had been sold.
Husband couldn't convince them to not charge us a late fee nor the processing fee. So, they are going to get a check. They were so rude, YELLED at us and told us that it wasn't their fault we were irresponsible with our money and couldn't make payments on time.
What avenue can I take? I don't deserve to be treated this way. If you look at our auto loan payment history, we have never been late due to automatic payments and we pay a little over every month in an effort to pay it off early. It isn't our fault we weren't notified about the loan being sold to another company.
Help. I have met someone else who experienced similar cs from them too- their loan was sold too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 07:08 PM

PS...Our account number changed when the loan was sold- so we didn't know the new account number because we recieved no notice that our account was sold. How do you pay someone when you have no idea who to pay, an address, etc. We would have ensured our payment was recieved on time if we had notice.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:17 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
Why not call tehe attorney general in your state and then get it refianced with another bank.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:35 PM

101 posts, read 314,328 times
Sounds Like Chase bank they are rude and nasty

Old 09-22-2010, 09:13 PM

texdave...tehe makes it look like you are poking fun at the attorney- cute. tehe tehe tehe...lol.
Good idea.
I understand things like this happen= loans being sold. But the rudeness, the fact we got no notice and then to be blasted for being late when it wasn't our fault because we had no idea that it happened, who to send money to, an account number, etc. And I would venture to say we have a right to have the late payment fee waived because the bought our loan right before it was due so of course the payment didn't get pulled. We pool an allotted amount of $ into a specific account that is only set up for automatic payments, we never look at it--well that's an exaggeration, we do but not daily. It's nice to set it up and forget it kind of thing. No worrying about check writing, going into a website by a certain date- etc..the convenience your supposed to enjoy when you have automatic payments. So we hadn't checked to see if the truck payment had been pulled- its been pulled on time for almost 3 years now.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:52 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,941,000 times
I agree with texdav. Go to your bank's loan officer, explain the deal, and tell him you'd rather give him your business.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:39 PM

1 posts, read 3,128 times
Does anyone know who purchase the citi auto loans. I have a loan on my credit report that was paid off and I need to get a hold of the company that carries that loan information
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance