Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 12:56 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbill View Post
Fixed that for ya!
Well, if you wanted to try that it would be fraud...you would end up in the cell next door.

I prefer to abuse idiots in the way that doesn't find me in a prison cell as well.

Don't let me prevent you from trying it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 02:31 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,501,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Well, if you wanted to try that it would be fraud...you would end up in the cell next door.

I prefer to abuse idiots in the way that doesn't find me in a prison cell as well.

Don't let me prevent you from trying it.
I was referring to the fact that the OP's family member was the one offering up to do the paperwork.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:51 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
See these are the answers I hate......I tell you he got a credit and you tell me he didn't! He got the money, his wife got the money and a friend of his got the money. I have no idea what forms he used, but all I know is they all got between $48K-$55K. They have the cars to show for it.........one purchased a $25K Tahoe and the wife a $20K Charger cash.
Regardless of anything else I shake my head at anyone who would actually get a chuck of money like that and blow it on two new cars. For cash. If I didn't know people were this stupid I'd say that was your hint that it's a lie. But people are that stupid so....

Old 02-03-2011, 02:56 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetkings01 View Post
You pretty much added nothing to the discussion! If my uncle gives me his word, then I believe it. Your the one who seems to want/need proof, if you have no answer(s) to my original question then please move along.....nothing to see here!
You can't debate on a public forum with any cred using "my uncle said" as a starting point. As far as I know, you have no uncle.

Learn the rules of the road noob.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:48 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,435,320 times
I can't believe no one has mentioned or pointed the OP to Snopes.

Old 02-19-2011, 03:00 PM

1,657 posts, read 4,070,926 times
How much can I claim if I'm American Indian?

Old 02-20-2011, 10:21 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
You can go to jail for tax fraud, they can also garnish your wages.

Old 02-20-2011, 11:20 AM

124 posts, read 174,654 times
I remember this and I did call the number but nothing came of it. Glad I am. I read the snopes link and a lot of false information is passed by word of mouth within the black community. Trying to find any truth in the gossip trail is a difficult thing to do because they will stubbornly stick to the story that my uncle, cousin, friend would not lie to me and continue to spread the untruths. This type of word of mouth information sharing is embedded in the community and probably goes way way back. They think nothing of passing false information around, not checking facts, etc., because so and so said it was so. I have also started watching American Greed on MSNBC: Scams. These are people who have nice amounts of money in their savings and risk their life savings on some smooth talking stranger with an unbelievable story/ scam. If anyone told me I would get over 100% return on my investment on some unheard of bank in a foreign country, I would tell them to get out!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance