Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 03:27 PM

232 posts, read 221,255 times

Advertisements

Summer: How may I assist you today?
You: Well I have a small issue with the way my over draft was handled.
Summer: I understand your concerns regarding the overdraft fee.
You: granted, check #1012 was over drafted. a counter credit took place no more than 10 minutes after the overdraft had been posted. the subsequent over draft charge came after I had swiftly handled the small accounting error
Summer: I will check that for you and assist you accordingly.
You: now i'm left with another over draft because the first over draft was too late in figuring out what happened
Summer: Please rest assured I am here to help you in a better way.
Summer: May I know your current financial situation?
You: excuse me?
Summer: I meant to say, are you an employee?
Summer: I see that your account is currently overdrawn of $22.94 as of now
You: i don't understand what being an employee has to do with anything?
Summer: Are you able to get your account to positive balance, Zachery?
Summer: Let me make my understand clear to you.
You: yeah i did that yesterday at 8:30 in the morning as soon as it was posted to my account that it was negative
Summer: In order to get the permission from my Supervisor for the refund of the overdraft fee that was charged on your account.
You: That is not a complete sentence.
You: And I do not understand why you asked me about 'my financial situation' or if I am 'an employee'
Summer: Zachery, as a bank we do provide our valued customer a courtesy refund for the overdraft fees.
Summer: In order to place a request, I was asking few question related to your financial situation.
Summer: If you do not want me to check the refund for you, please let me know.
You: I would appreciate you checking for the refund.
Summer: Your satisfaction is of highest priority for me, Zachery
Summer: I am sorry for the confusion.
Summer: While I check the refund, you can refer the link below for your reference on how to avoid the overdraft fees.
Summer: MANAGE BANKING FEES | Bank of America
Summer: This link will equip you with ways on how you can avoid such fees in future !!
Summer: Thank you for your patience.
You: no problem
Summer: Thank you for your patience, I will be right with you.
Summer: I have successfully processed the refund for you.
Summer: The credit will post to your account within 2 business days.
Summer: Note: The refund will be in pending, if you login back to the online banking.
You: Are you not required to incquire about my financial situation and employment status upon granting refunds via permission of your supervisor?
You: I have not yet provided you with that information.
Summer: No, Zachery
Summer: I have explained the overdraft issue that was made on your account
Summer: Is there anything else that I may assist you with today?
You: lol, no. just some pretty broad and strange questions to be asking people
Summer: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
Summer: Thank you for using Bank of America's text chat service. We appreciate and value your business and have a wonderful day!
You: lol
Summer: Bye and take very good care of yourself!

Is it just me or did it just get akward? Why is she asking me my 'financial situation'? Does she expect me to answer that in a small concise answer or something? Am I an employee? Huh?

Oh it's policy to inquire about such personal details in order to determine if a refund is available. I could maybe believe that if you indeed were successful in getting any sort of answer to the questions out of me.. But instead you just totally ignored the lie you just told me about the really weird and intrusive questions you just asked me.

I see no real reason why some random chat support girl would be inclined to ask about a strangers finances.

Why did she ask me that and then lie about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 07:47 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,002,846 times
"chats" tend to be about 4 chats at a time, sometimes the support person get confused on what chat window they are in. Also alot (most of the replies) are scripted from your replies and the support person has to pick the right one to send back to you,

Old 04-13-2011, 01:58 PM

762 posts, read 1,099,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T
....Summer: May I know your current financial situation?
You: excuse me?
Summer: I meant to say, are you an employee?
Summer: I see that your account is currently overdrawn of $22.94 as of now
You: i don't understand what being an employee has to do with anything?...
Sounds like the Banks are planning to create a ‘Charity Expense Account’ so they can milk the Gov’t/taxpayer via reimbursement of the overdraft fee.

Don’t laugh; I’m serious.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:42 PM

964 posts, read 3,160,256 times
Or maybe she wants something "else" from you Zachary lol

Old 05-11-2012, 11:24 AM

1 posts, read 8,668 times
umm i need some answer any body have them

Old 05-11-2012, 01:13 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,421,908 times
I don't know why they would ask about your financial information but when I was employed with Fidelity Investments, they either asked if I was an employee or there was a flag on my brokerage and 529 account in some departments as a employee. I worked in a different division than the brokerage and 529 departments but according to them, there is some type of regulation where the financial firms must have someone directed to handle employee financial transaction OTHER than regular representative that handle customer concerns. It protects them so no funny stuff goes on like insider trading, illegal wire transfer and other things like that. This goes for regular banks as well.

Old 03-18-2015, 12:29 AM

1 posts, read 3,468 times
My step Mother is trying to embezzle my Fathers estate. She set up a Guardian Ship account claiming we were after my Fathers money. He income at the time she set up the Guardian Ship was only Social Security of about $2,40.00 a month. So far no one in Kansas has questioned why she spent my Fathers money to set this Guardian Ship account up "To steal $2,400.00 a month " the answer is she set it up to hide the fact she had already donated to HER sons and grand Kids over $300,000.00 to them of my fathers savings.
Now she is at it again - My father had mineral rights in Ok. for almost 120 years it was in the family and not worth anything till fracking came along and they decided to drill on the land he owned the mineral to. One person may own the property and another person may own the mineral rights. Money has come in and she still has not discovered that she really screwed herself in getting a Guardian Ship as she did not know or forgot about the mineral right then they start fracking on the land my father owned and hit Oil. Gas other minerals. Because of the Guardian Ship she set up she could not sell the mineral rights when the money started flowing in as the asset (mineral rights were in my Fathers name and now due to her greed she can't sell the mineral rights unless the two sons and a Judge sign off on it. She did try and sell them but the buyer called her lawyer and he told the guy she can't sell the mineral rights (she already knew this just trying to screw us out of the money we would get if they were sold.My father passed away at 94 , really screwed up her plans as she did not expect him to live to be 94 , she's 84 now. Anyway she is going into Bank of America in Kansas and depositing maybe checks or cash into her account under the heading of "Counter Checks" - some have said this is because she used a person at the counter however how do I know if it was cash or a check?
She also embezzled $7,400.00 out of the Guardian Ship account and we don't know if it was given to her as a Certified Cashiers check or real cash - the bank noted on the account this was an Official Check Sale . The second question again for Bank of America can we tell if she took a cashiers check or took cash to pay off several people that helped her embezzle a lot more that $7,500.00. Does any one know what these terms mean?

Old 03-18-2015, 06:38 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,381,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryansfo View Post
My step Mother is trying to embezzle my Fathers estate. She set up a Guardian Ship account claiming we were after my Fathers money. He income at the time she set up the Guardian Ship was only Social Security of about $2,40.00 a month. So far no one in Kansas has questioned why she spent my Fathers money to set this Guardian Ship account up "To steal $2,400.00 a month " the answer is she set it up to hide the fact she had already donated to HER sons and grand Kids over $300,000.00 to them of my fathers savings.
Now she is at it again - My father had mineral rights in Ok. for almost 120 years it was in the family and not worth anything till fracking came along and they decided to drill on the land he owned the mineral to. One person may own the property and another person may own the mineral rights. Money has come in and she still has not discovered that she really screwed herself in getting a Guardian Ship as she did not know or forgot about the mineral right then they start fracking on the land my father owned and hit Oil. Gas other minerals. Because of the Guardian Ship she set up she could not sell the mineral rights when the money started flowing in as the asset (mineral rights were in my Fathers name and now due to her greed she can't sell the mineral rights unless the two sons and a Judge sign off on it. She did try and sell them but the buyer called her lawyer and he told the guy she can't sell the mineral rights (she already knew this just trying to screw us out of the money we would get if they were sold.My father passed away at 94 , really screwed up her plans as she did not expect him to live to be 94 , she's 84 now. Anyway she is going into Bank of America in Kansas and depositing maybe checks or cash into her account under the heading of "Counter Checks" - some have said this is because she used a person at the counter however how do I know if it was cash or a check?
She also embezzled $7,400.00 out of the Guardian Ship account and we don't know if it was given to her as a Certified Cashiers check or real cash - the bank noted on the account this was an Official Check Sale . The second question again for Bank of America can we tell if she took a cashiers check or took cash to pay off several people that helped her embezzle a lot more that $7,500.00. Does any one know what these terms mean?
Talk to an attorney.

Old 03-18-2015, 08:28 AM

189 posts, read 345,439 times
Why post this in a 3 Year old thread about a bank chat instead of posting a new thread????

Old 03-18-2015, 03:26 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,077,804 times
It looks like the SS Guardian Ship has saled. Good luck.

Talk with the harbor master.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance