Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2011, 08:30 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times

Advertisements

Hitler spent years in homeless shelters, even living on the streets in Vienna, almost died one winter due to the brutal winter weather. How many women passed him by on the streets, snubbed/pitied him, attracted to him but repelled when they saw him enter a homeless shelter, and kicked themselves all the way to the grave!

He even had a gold-plated elevator, bored into a mountain near his house, which could wisk you to the top of a mountain. Wouldn't that have been fun! And loyal servants to snap orders at!

You never know! You never know!

Last edited by tijlover; 12-13-2011 at 08:31 PM.. Reason: Add line
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 08:32 AM

146 posts, read 313,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
The person you hitch yourself to, can make your life better, or they can make it miserable.
Choose wisely.
So true!

Old 12-15-2011, 08:55 AM

6,883 posts, read 11,237,132 times
Smile Work ethic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
I wouldn't.
I would look at their work ethic. Everyone starts somewhere.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:13 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,933,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justnice View Post
So true!
The problem is , itcan be a long,long relationship.....things and people change, I know first hand !

Old 12-15-2011, 10:40 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
The problem is , itcan be a long,long relationship.....things and people change, I know first hand !
people dont change.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:03 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,585,426 times
Men did/do/will do it all the time. Women are way more success&ambition selective, many (if not most) don't think twice before dumping a formerly "successful" male wage unit that hit hard times. It's simple biology, women select the most "environmentally adjusted" male units (nothing personal) while men just randomly spread their genes.

Little bit of statistics: 50% (FIFTY PERCENT) of Americans are either broke poor or just poor, I don't think that half of the population embraces celibacy while hunting for that proverbial rags to riches opportunity that will never materialize (statistically speaking). Statistically speaking, 50% of population has to lower their "success" expectations if they want any relationship whatsoever.

On the second thought, women do get impregnated ALL THE TIME by the penniless "bad guys" destined to be incarcerated at some point in their lives. There is no contradiction here. Women do seek "dominant" males, there are at least two dimensions of "dominance", biological & social. It's extremely rare for a male to be both biologically & socially dominant. Biologically dominant (and socially unadapted) males are called "bad guys" by the women who saw ($green$) light after they got their fix of the raw masculinity. And that's why good guys (i.e. socially adapted with a good paycheck and biologically inferior) finish last. Get impregnated by the good (dominant) genes and let good guys to raise the litter. Simple (and effective) survival strategy.

Last edited by RememberMee; 12-15-2011 at 11:25 AM..

Old 12-15-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
people dont change.
If people do not change, then a lot of what we think we know about someone is not so, or has yet to be disclosed. Thats called a Lie, you know , The people we elect to run our Government for example. This is OUR country , our elected officials and everyone else that used our Tax dollars, actually work for US the people. We are supposed to live in a Republic.
The other thing might be agendas, sometimes even the closest friends and family could be holding back what they realty feel or want. Thats the part that I direct toward the " people change" thing.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:19 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
If people do not change, then a lot of what we think we know about someone is not so, or has yet to be disclosed. Thats called a Lie, you know , The people we elect to run our Government for example. This is OUR country , our elected officials and everyone else that used our Tax dollars, actually work for US the people. We are supposed to live in a Republic.
The other thing might be agendas, sometimes even the closest friends and family could be holding back what they realty feel or want. Thats the part that I direct toward the " people change" thing.
i guess i didnt realize this was a political statement you were making. either way, politicians dont change. they say what they think will get them elected in 1990, then say what they think will get them elected in 2012. positions may change, but the person never changes.

same thing goes for friends and family. the only people i have known to change are elderly people who get alzheimers.

Old 12-15-2011, 02:13 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,103,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
I would look at their work ethic. Everyone starts somewhere.
True, but this thread is about those that have left the starting gate long ago. At my age if they are broke and always have been there is usually reason.

Old 12-15-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i guess i didnt realize this was a political statement you were making. either way, politicians dont change. they say what they think will get them elected in 1990, then say what they think will get them elected in 2012. positions may change, but the person never changes.

same thing goes for friends and family. the only people i have known to change are elderly people who get alzheimers.
Not political, just using that as an example.. We all know about getting elected.
So, what were you thinking ? Friends and family? Thats where I am at, after 35 years of marriage!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance