U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 06:09 AM

4 posts, read 101,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannons12002 View Post
how soon do they come off
Today is April 18 ,2009 and all 11 were deleted. I have also start the rest the following day and I am now waiting response, but may take longer due to other negative listings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 06:47 PM

11,501 posts, read 8,433,309 times
I am amazed that anyone who tried to remove inquiries does not get a fraud alert on your report.

Afterall you are saying you did not apply correct?

If it was not you then I know Eq well enough they will slap a fraud alert on you.

I would be interested in:

1. What did you say to them when you called?

2. If a fraud alert shows up on your report soon.

Old 05-02-2009, 07:14 AM

Yes a fraud alert has showed up.But i am happy to have those hard inquiries gone.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:51 PM

1 posts, read 25,360 times
Default Inquiries removal?

Hello How do i get 13 Inquiries off my credit report within the next 30 days? anyone here who can help me?

Old 05-16-2009, 05:36 PM

93 posts, read 411,055 times
This will almost definitely result in a fraud alert being placed on your credit file. Which is nearly impossible to get removed. Another unintended consequence of doing this, is it can interfere with positive tradelines on your report. People have disputed inquiries, only to find that an account in good standing has been removed.
Disputing inquiries is meant to be a way of having fraudulent or unauthorized inquiries removed, not of just having legitimate ones taken off because you don't want them there.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:00 AM

[quote=mommytrish;8842396]This will almost definitely result in a fraud alert being placed on your credit file. Which is nearly impossible to get removed. Another unintended consequence of doing this, is it can interfere with positive tradelines on your report. People have disputed inquiries, only to find that an account in good standing has been removed.
Disputing inquiries is meant to be a way of having fraudulent or unauthorized inquiries removed, not of just having legitimate ones taken off because you don't want them there.[/

I have been careful with disputing those inquiries especially if they reflect on a open positive account.There were many inquiries i didnt recognize so i did dispute those.And i chose for the fraud alert to be placed on my file.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:11 AM

1,107 posts, read 1,740,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
I couldnt find this information anywhere...so i decided to post it for you guys.
This applies to Equifax ONLY.

Let's start off by going to their website.
Currently it's located at Equifax Personal Solutions: Credit Reports, Credit Scores, Protection Against Identity Theft or Please Wait For Page To Load.
On the page you will see the 'Online Dispute' tab.
After clicking the tab, you will need to input a 'zip code', and click 'Submit'.

After clicking submit, you will have two choices to dispute. Either you have a 'confirmation number' or you can dispute everything manually.

"If you do not have a confirmation number, click here to start your investigation." CLICK THERE
This step is for the manual disputes to do credit inquiries.

You can only dispute 6 items at a time with the manual disputes. If you are disputing Credit Inquiries, replace the account number with 'INQUIRY 05/10/2007'. The date will need to be the exact inquiry date that appears on your credit report. If you have different dates, then you will need to dispute each one. The name of the company that appears on the credit report inquiry needs to be filled under the Collection Agency, Courthouse, or Credit Company Name.

Normally, they will remove all inquiries EXCEPT if there's an open account with the same creditor around that inquiry date.

Just for Equifax......
Thanks for posting !

Old 06-03-2009, 06:43 AM

This person has laid out the proper process for everyone. As they stated this will only work with Equifax ! You may need great luck or other serious matters to get Transunion and Experian to remove Any inquiries. I have place a fraud alert on my file and was able to get Experian to investigate and delete 5 inquiries and i have 6 more in dispute. With transunion God Bless your soul everyone and good luck,They wil fight you to death and continue to say they are a statement of fact. I know for a fact that there are unauthorized inquiries on my transunion report. My next step will be to see if i can sue them.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:26 PM

1,475 posts, read 1,965,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I am amazed that anyone who tried to remove inquiries does not get a fraud alert on your report.

Afterall you are saying you did not apply correct?

If it was not you then I know Eq well enough they will slap a fraud alert on you.

I would be interested in:

1. What did you say to them when you called?

2. If a fraud alert shows up on your report soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne6372 View Post
Yes a fraud alert has showed up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytrish View Post
This will almost definitely result in a fraud alert being placed on your credit file. Which is nearly impossible to get removed. Another unintended consequence of doing this, is it can interfere with positive tradelines on your report. People have disputed inquiries, only to find that an account in good standing has been removed.
Disputing inquiries is meant to be a way of having fraudulent or unauthorized inquiries removed, not of just having legitimate ones taken off because you don't want them there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne6372 View Post
And i chose for the fraud alert to be placed on my file.
A fraud alert showed up, but you chose for it to be on there. Something tells me that the FA's showed up and you had no choice, at the moment, but to accept that the CRA's placed them on there.

Good warnings Sunny-Days and mommytrish

If inquiries are not legit then they should be disputed, along with a person placing a fraud alert or freeze on their reports. If they are legit then they shouldn't be disputed.

Disputing legit inquiries have very little gain, especially if they have a little age on them, but disputing them can have very large negative repercussions.

Disputing inquiries will generally initiate fraud alerts by the CRA's. Fraud alerts will jump from one CRA to all other CRA's, it's the law. The big difference between CRA initiated fraud alerts and consumer initiated fraud alerts is that the CRA initiated ones will prove very difficult to have removed and to keep them removed. When a person is finally successful in getting the CRA initiated fraud alerts removed, they have a nasty habit of popping back on at the most inconvenient moments, like when mortgage or car shopping, etc.

A person stands a very good chance in losing accounts from disputing inquiries, even if the inquiry isn't with a current creditor that the person has. Creditors often soft pull and account review accounts at least once a month, sometimes more often. Even if the inquiries weren't with them, when they see the inquiries disappear and CRA initiated fraud alerts then they will look over that persons account with them with a fine toothed comb, anything out of the ordinary and that account can be shut down.

If the inquiry is with an existing creditor, say bye bye to the account because more often than not it will be closed, no questions asked.

Disputing inquiries with creditors a person doesn't have accounts with can mean that creditor will either deny that person if they apply again in the future, or they will ask for the persons full financial and personal documentation before they make a final decision.

Inquiries are the least of any negative information on a credit report/score. Usually by the time an inquiry hits 4-6 months any drop from FICO's has been regained. Usually they are ignored by most creditors (excluding mortgage) once they hit 1 year. By year 2 they are gone.
If a person has too many inquiries then there is something wrong with their reports (other than inquiries) and that person should try to deal with the real negs instead of disputing inquiries and/or constantly applying for credit.

Last edited by berdee; 09-08-2009 at 05:38 PM..

Old 10-07-2009, 11:22 AM

1 posts, read 23,992 times
Default Credit Inquiry Removal

I have used the site www.removemycreditinquires.org. Quick ways to repair credit, dispute credit inquiries delinquency credit card[/url] and they do a great job! My creidit score increased 30 points by just removing 1 inquiry. Site is really easy to use and only $15 per removal!

www.removemycreditinquires.org
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance