U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 07:26 PM

2,490 posts, read 3,617,482 times

Advertisements

I would give...

$2 million to my mother
$1 million to my dad
$500,000 to my Nana and to my Grandpa and his wife
$250,000 to my uncle, my aunt, my cousin and to another one of my cousins.
$100,000 to another one of my aunts.
$75,000 to my aunt and uncle.

Buy myself a home. Nothing upscale or overly done though. Just a nice house like the one from Father of the Bride.

Buy myself either a Merecede Benz car, a 4 door full sized BMW, a Range Rover (or is it called a Land Rover?), or a Ford Truck.

Give about 1 million to charity.

Two million to some friends (not two million to each one).

Buy some clothes.

Invest it.

Start saving up for my future kids.

Save the rest of it for retirement, emergencies and for personal usage.

But I honestly wouldn't need or want all of this money. Just enough to live comfortably off of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 07:45 PM

22,157 posts, read 26,655,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyNewMe View Post
Ahem... I don't think there would be any money left after that purchase for this other stuff:

Hidden Hills Single Family Homes for Sale - Hidden Hills, CA Single-Family Real Estate - Realtor.com®
But you sure made me wanna dream, too!

I would take a 1-2 or even 0.5 acre lot with a 900 sqf house (somewhere in CA), though!
And a house for brother (parents already have one). DEFINITELY one for my son! Or, better yet, a few investment properties to run, so we would all and always have money coming.... mmm... Get a new car (just simple one, that I would drive as long as it runs), that single-family home with room for yard, thought-out (but still simple) furniture and decor and.... ENJOY it all!!!
After I have relaxed a bit that now I will not have to worry, perhaps, dig out some old talents and see about developing them And feel happy to help someone to do the same
I should be able to find a 10,000 sq.ft. mansion in Hidden Hills for $4-5 million. But I do prefer Monteria Estates in Chatsworth. The Hidden Hills area is nice, though, as you saw for yourself.

What? You would like a 900 sq.ft. house? In my mansion, the master bedroom alone would be bigger than that!

Old 12-08-2011, 11:33 AM

20,345 posts, read 20,481,703 times
I recently won the Power Ball Lottery back when it was $250M. Well not exactly win the whole thing but I did have 2 numbers plus the powerball. I was somewhat disappointed to learn that my winnnings were not the expected proprated $125M. Even so I did win and was wondering if anyone had any advice on what I should do with $7.

Last edited by Ghengis; 12-08-2011 at 11:54 AM..

Old 12-08-2011, 03:16 PM

14 posts, read 88,343 times
get the best dam accountant i could find let him give me advise . them kll him.. lol .. just kidding.. but yeah ill get the best accountant for advise.. or ill have a chat with MJ or trump for advise.. if i new what to do with 20 mil id be a millionaire by know..

Old 12-08-2011, 04:10 PM

16,117 posts, read 20,179,594 times
Deposit on a Condo in San Fraancisco

Old 12-08-2011, 04:17 PM

17,579 posts, read 38,374,492 times
Two chicks at the same time.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Old 12-12-2011, 06:36 PM

13,456 posts, read 24,259,357 times
20 mil AFTER taxes. Now there's a worthy fantasy.

I would pay off the mortgages of 5 of my friends and my sister. That would be less than 1 mil.

Next, I would complete my house remodel. About 50K, max. I would hire it out, and not have to do it all myself.

I would buy a new car. My old one has over 200K on it now and it's time. 30K.

Another 50K would be earmarked for travel/vacations.

We would get all our dental work done, probably another 20K. And I could get my hernia fixed too. Probably 30K more.

Buy enough shares of NVEnergy that the dividends would pay my electric bill.

Set up a trust to pay for living expenses for a friend's special needs child. 1mil there.

2 mil to charity. And I get to pick the charities.

That leaves me with about 15mil. I would invest half of it here and put the other half in another country. I would probably also buy a modest home in that other country. The Cayman's might be a good choice.

I'd have a really nice rest of my life and I'd get to feel like Santa every day!

Old 12-13-2011, 04:48 PM

3,359 posts, read 6,356,023 times

If I win money, I keep money.. - YouTube

No charities, that's for sure...cause no charities ever looked out for me, ever...

Even when I was homeless...there is no charity for single males...your just expected to live up under a bridge and tough it out...

Charities are very hostile to males...
Therefore none, will get my help if I ever win...

Just certain induvisuals I'll help, as I see fit...

And or animal causes, like neglected animal shelters ect ect...

Old 12-13-2011, 04:53 PM

4,119 posts, read 4,603,018 times
I would help my family out..a family member just got laid off-worked for 15 years and they gave him a week of severence-I would give them 2 million and invest the rest. I'd also go to school and become a vet..I'd never quit work

Old 12-29-2011, 06:52 PM

3,359 posts, read 6,356,023 times
I'd hire two bodyguards...

I'd want to be cared for a pampered all the time, like MJ was...
A maid and a butler...like Dan Akroiyed had in 'Trading Places'...

And I'd want my bath water prepared for me daily...with clean towels...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance