U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 06:49 PM

590 posts, read 1,071,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
It was over $10,000 and I had to accept the fact that I was 18 and never could pay that off
Trying to downplay it makes it even worse. Responsible people would pay what they could until the debt was paid off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 06:53 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

35,131 posts, read 24,377,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by md21722 View Post
Trying to downplay it makes it even worse. Responsible people would pay what they could until the debt was paid off.
Pay it with what?

Old 02-25-2012, 06:53 PM

492 posts, read 752,860 times
You stole their money, give it back! This is why our Country is going to hell!!!

Old 02-25-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcole07 View Post
You stole their money, give it back! This is why our Country is going to hell!!!
At the time I was young, dumb, and had no income. Now I am a responsible adult with a AMEX card which I had since 2006 and never exceeded the limit. It's a big difference between 18 and 36 when it comes to managing money. I can't change the past but can live differently now that I'm older and know to learn from my mistakes at 18 years old.

BTW: I was tricked into signing up for the card with a bag of candy because they knew a 18 year old with a credit card was a wonderful combination for them to make money.

Old 02-25-2012, 07:22 PM

7,730 posts, read 1,522,395 times
Quote:
I have closed my account because i'm not sure at all and don't want to take any chances. I cleaned it out and that was the end of ING. Seeing that Capital One took it over made me nervous
... and you think that Capital One won't have some computer software that can marry up its debtor list with the list of ING customers who have closed their account since the take over (probably for the same reason that you did)?? I think you've just made yourself very much easier to spot!

Quote:
Pay it with what?
Perhaps with the money you use to buy 'gift cards' for the women who come over to walk barefoot on your back and get their toes sucked?

When Capital One tracks you down and takes you to court, please let me know. I'd be prepared to make the very long trip to your city just to sit in the public gallery and listen to your excuses for not having paid your debt.

Old 02-25-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
... and you think that Capital One won't have some computer software that can marry up its debtor list with the list of ING customers who have closed their account since the take over (probably for the same reason that you did)?? I think you've just made yourself very much easier to spot!

Perhaps with the money you use to buy 'gift cards' for the women who come over to walk barefoot on your back and get their toes sucked?

When Capital One tracks you down and takes you to court, please let me know. I'd be prepared to make the very long trip to your city just to sit in the public gallery and listen to your excuses for not having paid your debt.
We are talking about $10,000 and i did not spend that much on pay for play.

BTW: I don't suck toes

Old 02-25-2012, 07:51 PM

11,853 posts, read 11,519,113 times
Capital One is taking over ING? Really? Wow.... I wonder if I should open an ING account now to keep the current terms, will they change the terms of the bank account after the takeover? Should I wait and see what they do? Hmm...

Old 02-25-2012, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Capital One is taking over ING? Really? Wow.... I wonder if I should open an ING account now to keep the current terms, will they change the terms of the bank account after the takeover? Should I wait and see what they do? Hmm...
The takeover was official on February 17th

Old 02-25-2012, 08:23 PM

12,126 posts, read 14,278,050 times
Quote:
At the time I was young, dumb, and had no income. Now I am a responsible adult with a AMEX card which I had since 2006 and never exceeded the limit. It's a big difference between 18 and 36 when it comes to managing money. I can't change the past but can live differently now that I'm older and know to learn from my mistakes at 18 years old.

BTW: I was tricked into signing up for the card with a bag of candy because they knew a 18 year old with a credit card was a wonderful combination for them to make money.
Apparently not, as responsible adults pay their debts.

Old 02-25-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Apparently not, as responsible adults pay their debts.
Yeah if I hit the lottery but where am I going to get $10,000 from? And even if I did hit the lottery for $10,000 I wouldn't pay the debt because I'm unemployed and need the money to be in my savings. So I would need to hit the lottery for $30,000 LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance