Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 12:46 PM

643 posts, read 2,384,818 times

Advertisements

Anyone else dislike Bank of America for Home Loans, even if they are current?

They have been hassling me over my homeowner's insurance for months. I renewed my insurance in December. Whether or not the agent faxed them a copy of the declaration page I do not know because I was not standing over his shoulder. However, I have faxed them the declaration pages 3 times now. The first time they said the policy number was chopped off. I never received a letter stating this, I had to call and find out. Strange that no other faxes seem to have that problem, but OK, maybe it was. So I sent it again. Again, no mailed response, it took a phone call to determine the problem. This week I sent it again. They said they it would take 24 hours to update. I called 3 days later and no record of it in their system. The person today said it could take 48 hours. (Which is it - 24 or 48 hours?)

During all of this, they decided to put lender placed insurance on the home, then they changed the lender placed insurance amount, and then they opened up an escrow account without my permission.

All because they cannot process the faxes they request.

The bills state that you can call 7am-7pm local time, but "local time" is not MY local time - it is some other time.

And if you call them to ask about refinancing they do a hard pull on your credit, even if it is just to ask about products and never agree to anything.

Years ago Bank of America was a pleasure to do business with. Not anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 04:56 AM

4,435 posts, read 8,122,653 times
My coworker has a mortgage "owned" by them and he hates them with a passion. He's dropped their bank account and their credit card, but is unable to refi to get away from them.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:07 AM

643 posts, read 2,384,818 times
I still have a checking account with them because I can make an online transfer to my mortgage account for extra principal payments. Its the only thing I use it for, and if they charged for that, I would have closed it already.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:25 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,645,966 times
I hate them.... I keep a checking account and a credit card, that is it, closed out everything.

When I was mortgage shopping, didn't even give them a shot for a quote.

I like my credit card limit, and I like the history, I keep the account just to make online payments faster. But they are a worthless bank.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Old 04-22-2012, 12:35 AM

5,802 posts, read 9,890,414 times
I hate them for everything.......completely removed myself from doing business of any kind with that bank

Old 04-22-2012, 02:05 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,954 times
I also loathe bank of America. I will never have ANY accounts with them and have told numerous friends and family to close credit cards with BofA, and they have done so.

Old 04-24-2012, 01:47 PM

2,266 posts, read 3,712,126 times
Interesting - I've never had problems with them with my mortgage. Contacted them to ask about removing PMI as we pay down the balance, they're quick to do the calculations. When my escrow account goes too high, they cut me a check and lower the mortgage, taking into account what they're actually paying out. Only "issue" i've had is they estimated my taxes too low raised the mortgage after paying it to make up for it, it'll probably go back down now that my county has set the new tax rates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance