U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 12:55 PM

1 posts, read 6,419 times

Advertisements

A company that is using the name "Credit Card Services”, is calling people claiming to be able to lower the interest rate for consumers.

They call you (for me it was a unsolicited phone call) or email you and say that they "work with over 200 or 500 banks such as Bank of America, Citibank, and Chase; then state they can offer you lower interest rates on your current accounts" (not with a new account). They ask similar questions:

1) Do you have current balances of at least $3500?
2) Are all your cards in good standing currently?

They then proceed to ask you which card you would like to start with, to "see if you qualify". Nice way to make you feel like this is an exclusive offer for only the privileged few.

I asked them why they needed my account numbers, and if they are working with banks like mine, why they didn't already have my information. They continue to insist that they need to verify my card number to check the balance to see what kind of “lower rate": I can obtain. Then they claim a supervisor will contact me with the lower amount and verification number. When I insisted on their phone number and ability to verify who they were, I was told they needed information first and that there was no worry as the card info could not be used without the security code on the back (YEH RIGHT). Then I asked to speak to the supervisor and they refused to allow me to do that without giving up my information. I hung up letting them know that without verification; I was not providing any information.

RENO NV[/i][/i][/color]

Old 12-14-2012, 01:00 PM

7,449 posts, read 13,083,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pul_Med View Post
A company that is using the name "Credit Card Services”, is calling people claiming to be able to lower the interest rate for consumers.
Um, this is news to anyone? This thread has been going since 2007 and it's the same thing over and over. I just ignore any calls from numbers that I don't recognize, and my recorded message says that I do this, so if they want me to call them back, they have to give details including a phone number. These scams never do.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or