Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 11:19 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,270,240 times

Advertisements

A Justin Bieber CD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 12:57 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Hmmm.
You're saying a BMW is a knick knack?

Old 08-26-2012, 03:52 PM

2,182 posts, read 2,320,819 times
I would never buy a boat or an uber expensive car.

Old 08-26-2012, 04:01 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,654,875 times
Anything NASCAR
Anything Disney-World or Land
A Carnival Cruise
Anything Harley Davidson
No muscle cars-vintage or retro
No Hummer

Old 08-26-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
The Powerball winner David Edwards was on one of those Lottery Winner Lifestyles shows and had a house jam packed with Asian Antiques, swords etc. When he went broke and his stuff was auctioned off they quickly found out most of it was fake! Won 80mm, got 28ish in cash and broke in less than 7 years...went crazy on cars, jewelry, "antiques" and finished off with heroin/meth addictions.
I remember seeing that one. His house was ridiculously tacky. And he had that trailer park girlfriend. " you can take a guy out of the trailer park, but sometimes ya can't take the trailer park out of the guy"

Old 08-26-2012, 06:49 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,650,120 times
A private jet no way, too much money. I could see.... Maybe something as crazy as a cessna caravan or best of all, a grumman mallard

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Old 08-26-2012, 06:56 PM

17,310 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
I remember seeing that one. His house was ridiculously tacky. And he had that trailer park girlfriend. " you can take a guy out of the trailer park, but sometimes ya can't take the trailer park out of the guy"

My Aunt lived on the next street over and a client of mine lived directly next door. Circus 24/7 was the synopsis. Very nice guy, tried to appease everyone. The girl that played Meadow Soprano on the tv series actually sold her house across the street because of all the attention this guy caused. It got nasty in the end, wife drove the Ferrari through the garage into the kitchen! He lost the house for not paying 8K in HOA dues! His driveway fit about 9 cars and it was always full, so to drive one he may have to move 2-3 others. His daily driver was a Lamborghini Dialblo (yellow of course).

He was in for a bad ride from the minute he bought that ticket, though plenty of people took advantage of him along the way! That other guy from West Virginia (Jack Whitaker) was another one that had bad luck chasing him down!

Old 08-26-2012, 07:01 PM

17,310 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
A private jet no way, too much money. I could see.... Maybe something as crazy as a cessna caravan or best of all, a grumman mallard

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Cessna has a new M2 coming out for 4mm that is a replacement for the old CJ1!

Piper Meridian is a nice piece for 2mm, though a low hour 2-3 year old one can be had for 1.2-1.5mm. It flies high, costs $500 an hour to run (vs. the 3mm+ Cessna Mustang that is $850 an hour and a bit faster).

You can rent a CJ3 for 5K an hour so you really need to burn 200+ hours a year in flight time before considering the need for a jet, hangar, pilot etc. Worst part is when you own the plane you have to make pilot/plane/hangar arrangements. Fly to Vegas for the weekend and it is cheaper to leave the pilot/plane there then it would be to send him/the plane back to the east coast. If you rent, it isn't your problem what to do with the "dead leg!"

Old 08-27-2012, 03:08 AM

Quote:
My Aunt lived on the next street over and a client of mine lived directly next door. Circus 24/7 was the synopsis. Very nice guy, tried to appease everyone. The girl that played Meadow Soprano on the tv series actually sold her house across the street because of all the attention this guy caused. It got nasty in the end, wife drove the Ferrari through the garage into the kitchen! He lost the house for not paying 8K in HOA dues! His driveway fit about 9 cars and it was always full, so to drive one he may have to move 2-3 others. His daily driver was a Lamborghini Dialblo (yellow of course).

He was in for a bad ride from the minute he bought that ticket, though plenty of people took advantage of him along the way! That other guy from West Virginia (Jack Whitaker) was another one that had bad luck chasing him down!
Yea a circus!! I bet. I don't understand blowing through all that money recklessly. And why buy nine cars??! And the Whitaker character, he probably shouldn't have given his drug addict granddaughter thousands of dollars a month! And he would drive around with around 100 grand in cash. Then his car gets burglarized at a strip club and 100k or so gets taken. I love that show!!

Old 08-27-2012, 10:04 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,650,120 times
Quote:
Cessna has a new M2 coming out for 4mm that is a replacement for the old CJ1!

Piper Meridian is a nice piece for 2mm, though a low hour 2-3 year old one can be had for 1.2-1.5mm. It flies high, costs $500 an hour to run (vs. the 3mm+ Cessna Mustang that is $850 an hour and a bit faster).

You can rent a CJ3 for 5K an hour so you really need to burn 200+ hours a year in flight time before considering the need for a jet, hangar, pilot etc. Worst part is when you own the plane you have to make pilot/plane/hangar arrangements. Fly to Vegas for the weekend and it is cheaper to leave the pilot/plane there then it would be to send him/the plane back to the east coast. If you rent, it isn't your problem what to do with the "dead leg!"
Exactly, cheaper to rent, or just fly first class commercial.

Its just amazing how my money in aircraft. I'd buy this just because I'd enjoy working on it, and I am sorry but this just seems like heaven right here with this Grumman goose.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance