U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2012, 01:28 PM

1,144 posts, read 1,755,740 times

Advertisements

I don't know if anyone else received notification about a class action suit against BOA for mishandling their Credit Protection programs or not, but I have.
I read very carefully the information and although 20 million dollars has been reserved to pay out the suit the people (not lawyers) are only entitled to 50.00 or 100.00 depending on the cirumstances of how their account was handled.
The attorny's are going to be paid 6.6 million dollars and the Settlement Class Representatives may be awarded of not more than 3 million dollars. No where does it tell you how many Class Representatives
there are but they may get 3 million each. Being a nosey parker I calld to find out who and how many
Class Representatives there are. I also wanted the defination of a Service Award which is what they call that payment.
I was transerred and put on hold a couple of times and finally I was informed someone would call me
back, well its 3 weeks and no phone call. So I will call back again but considering the people that were
actually taken advantage of will only be receving 50. or 100. dollars I can only assume that Class Representatives is code for Lawyers or Attorneys and Service Award is code for sucking up the balance
of the money.
That being said I have no intention of helping this scum of the earth earn that kind of money when
the people that paid those premiums get 100.00 at most. If you want to settle for 100.00 while
these lawyers are making millions be my guest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance