Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 01:28 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Evidently you're so wrapped up in your own inane nonsense that you cannot admit even the clearest of your own failings.
You're welcome to provide evidence to support any claim you make....the fact that you never provide evidence hasn't been lost on members.

Quote:
It has always been less expensive to not offer health insurance. I'm sure you'll respond with more idiocy to try to defend your indefensible nonsense. Maybe someone will pay you some attention, since that's clearly all you're looking for.
Tax subsidies...."causes a substantial revenue loss, distributes these tax reductions very regressively, encourages an excessive purchase of insurance, distorts the demand for health services, and thus inflates the prices of these services."

“The Importance of Group Coverage: How Tax Policy Shaped U.S. Health Insurance.”

Source: The Importance of Group Coverage: How Tax Policy Shaped U.S. Health Insurance

2007 business deduction estimated at $4.8 Billion in
2007 exclusion from employee income estimated at $133.8 Billion

Source: Office of Management and Budget, 2009 Budget, Federal Receipts and Collections, Analytical Perspectives, available at http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/FY2009/apers.html

No, actually the data proves it is cheaper for both employers and employees to have health plan coverage than not.

Quote:
What an inane accusation. I characterized his perspective; I didn't call him a name.
You are too weak and unskilled to provide evidence, so the only thing you can do is characterize the government's perspective, and those those of other economists that I cited as sources.

Quote:
I don't know what makes you think his nonsense warrants any reply, but given that you agree with him and disagree with me, generally, your credibility with regard to such appraisals is zero.
Well, no, you're the one that lies and makes things up.....your credibility is the one in question.

Quote:
Stop trying to make excuses for supporting immoral perspectives just because they bolster your own personal bottom line.
Facts are neither moral nor immoral; they are what they are, and the facts prove you are wrong.....it is cheaper for both employers and employees to have health plan coverage....

....for those who doubt, in addition to reading the sources I presented, take the portion of your health plan that you pay and that which your employer pays, add them to AGI and see if you fall under the AMT.....or not.

Maybe if you would post some facts, people would actually take you seriously.

Amused....

Mircea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 01:39 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times
The firm I retired from and who still provides my health insurance is self-insured. The premiums for my plan are going up by around 8%. I would rather it were lower but it is not the armageddon many are talking about.

Perhaps it is something to do with the firm being self-insured.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:31 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Mircea, I am sure that what you post is informative. Whether its accurate or not I don't know because I didn't read it. Or any other looong ramblings that you do post.

You aren't doing yourself any favors posting in that mode. In fact, its a turnoff.
I apologize for not being able to dumb down a complex issue like Health Care into a one-panel cartoon.

I shall endeavor immediately (upon discharge from the hospital) to enroll in an art class so that I may draw accurate representations of stick-persons in order to entertain and educate the Stupid on their level.

For the not-as-Stupid I will work on snappy one-liners and the use of 30-second sound bites to explain complex material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
The GD insurance companies, they wrote the damn pig, surprised?
No, the insurance companies did not, and your lying fantasies have been repeatedly debunked.

Every damaging piece of legislation enacted has been due to the lobbying efforts of the American Hospital Association at the State and national level.

Feel free to post any evidence to the contrary......but we all know that won't happen.

Even more amused....

Mircea

Old 04-24-2013, 03:42 PM

106,671 posts, read 108,833,673 times
personally i could not care less about all the internal crap and finger pointing.

all i care about is the end result . how does it effect me.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:27 AM

2,194 posts, read 3,850,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
personally i could not care less about all the internal crap and finger pointing.

all i care about is the end result . how does it effect me.
Hi mathjak107--

To be honest, I don't know how it affects you, me, or anyone. Because I haven't had the chance to read all 20,000 pages of regulations associated with it:

Old 04-25-2013, 08:41 AM

106,671 posts, read 108,833,673 times
so far i sure do know. my insurance jumped a few thousand a year

Old 04-25-2013, 07:23 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,308,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
The firm I retired from and who still provides my health insurance is self-insured. The premiums for my plan are going up by around 8%. I would rather it were lower but it is not the armageddon many are talking about.

Perhaps it is something to do with the firm being self-insured.
Most businesses are self-insured, they just contract with an insurance company to process their claims. 12% was the average increase last year nationally, 8% means people in your plan are using the plan responsibly-not running to the dr for every sniffle, going to an urgent care vs an ER, or waiting a day to see if they really need to go in at all, pricing out services before they use them--lab work, etc.

Old 04-26-2013, 05:54 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
So glad to know that another health insurance company is making more money while premiums continue to rise.
Wellpoint posts 3% profit gain: Search for Wellpoint profits - latimes.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance