U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-11-2013, 03:59 PM
bUU

6,123 posts, read 2,524,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
There is no economic inequality.
I was wondering if you were just making a big joke with all the nonsense you were posting and then I got to this line which confirmed, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you're totally clueless about the world around you, or so thoroughly beholden to greed that you couldn't recognize the cold, hard truth if it hit you in the face.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 04:44 PM

17,999 posts, read 5,840,568 times
Quote:
There is no economic inequality.

Not impressed...

Mircea

Oh really? We all have the same economic opportunity to buy a home we can afford (and to thereby save and invest as well as build home equity, over time) as do you?

Old 04-11-2013, 05:04 PM

1,849 posts, read 1,316,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
I was wondering if you were just making a big joke with all the nonsense you were posting and then I got to this line which confirmed, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you're totally clueless about the world around you, or so thoroughly beholden to greed that you couldn't recognize the cold, hard truth if it hit you in the face.
He posts the same nonsense, verbatim and ad nauseum, in every health care thread. People have thoroughly discredited every one of his 'arguments', including Canadians, but he posts the same pap. I find it absolutely dispositive that not one Canadian has ever advocated scrapping their health care system for the US model, yet these yahoos keep cutting and pasting their schtick.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:49 PM

43,261 posts, read 47,151,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
wrong. even if you go on your own that is what a plan cost, we priced it .. i take it you have paid or subsidized healthcare payments .
He is likely on per-existing insurnance Under ACA that is subsidised. That is what the 500 billion over 10 years taken from medciare was to fund in the scoring. But they actually had to suspend it last year because funding for year ranout. It allows people who don't qaulfy for medicaid because of wealth to get covered.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:52 PM

30,175 posts, read 27,276,378 times
believe me ,anyone who isn't complaining about the huge increases we are seeing from this obamacare is either benefiting or subsidized.

the thought that we are having to pay 15k for health insurance for 2 people is sickening.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:00 PM

43,261 posts, read 47,151,929 times
Quote:
many are grateful for the cost ,not the care. many others do not know any better and have nothing to compare it to so they do not know what good healthcare is .
If you loo at the ACA its a tiered system of care. It combines private empoyer even cadallac plans;those who shop in pools for mandated coverage;those who will be forced int medicaid so states i 2017 pickup part of the cost. Buit since they ranout of pre-existing funding subsidity money in 2012 they are talking about now lowering the income level where people can buy from pools to save money as premium even if subsidsed will save money over medicaid cost to fund. I think some will be quite shocked at what premimums will be even with subsidsed coverage. A friend pre-existng for having terminal cancer and had middlle class wealth and not woirking paid 400 a month with pre-existing subsidsed coverage.When you con mbne those going on medicare afer a eayr with the growing disabilty claims its goig to cost taxpayers a bundle or again take for peter to pay paul in the end.We are talking a huge amonut of money needed to fund subsidised and medicaid plus medicare.Not likely they will get chnages passed to fund other than what is in the bill which has lead CBO to now estiamte that in 2020 20 millio will still not be covered ;up from 15 million when bill passsed.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:37 PM

5,553 posts, read 5,324,787 times
Quote:
Where’s your proof?
You ain’t got none, so you might want to stop talking and start listening.
I'd never respond to someone as rude and sarcastic as you are, or who refers to the Affordable Care Act as "Obamacrap." Biased much? Go post on the Politics and Other Controversies forum.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:57 AM
bUU

6,123 posts, read 2,524,247 times
Quote:
the thought that we are having to pay 15k for health insurance for 2 people is sickening.
I hope you aren't aiming to get as repetitive as Mircea. Regardless, people can be sympathetic to your personal situation, since it stresses you so, without allowing your anger trump all the good ACA is doing and will be doing for others, and without allowing it to trump how ACA is raising the matter of health care costs so that government, infected by the industry's corporate lobbying, will have a much harder time avoiding doing something about how excessive profits are driving up costs. The answer to your troubles is not to take away the ability for those less fortunate than you to afford basic health care. The answer to your troubles is not to take away the ability for someone fighting cancer to retain health insurance to treat their condition. And so on...

Old 04-12-2013, 08:03 AM

20,797 posts, read 32,875,620 times
Quote:
believe me ,anyone who isn't complaining about the huge increases we are seeing from this obamacare is either benefiting or subsidized.

You do realize that in say the UK, the portion of their income tax they pay for their "free" care is about the same as this, right? So, next year the most someone will pay is 9.5% of their income. In the UK they pay 19% of their income just for their national health plan. Taxation in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Their base tax rates are just flat out higher then we have here--even in our state which is one of the highest taxed states in the nation. So that "free" care is pretty dang expensive.

I will also say that $15K/year for 2 people is a VERY, VERY high number. Our total premium, employer contribution included for a family of 5 with pretty good coverage is $13,000/year. Much of what is in the ACA is already available in our state and has been for years. We are not seeing any huge increases in premiums, just the typical COL type increases.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:12 AM

30,175 posts, read 27,276,378 times
WEll i can tell you we were paying way way less before they nailed us for everyones kids being covered to 26 and the college plans being converted from their bare bones planes to full coverage..

we went with the hsa plan and it jumped in two years from 3800 to 5700 and that was cheap because we shopped and got lower rates. it is actually higher but some of it is paid by my employer. i know when i had been on cobra my hsa jumped to 7200 a year. we then have to fund our hsa with up to 7250.00

they all said the same thing , the jumps were to cover all the things now that they have to cover especially kids to 26 and students who had bare bone college plans and now have full coverage....

rates vary state to state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance