Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 04:22 AM

106,077 posts, read 108,054,666 times

Advertisements

wrong. even if you go on your own that is what a plan cost, we priced it .. i take it you have paid or subsidized healthcare payments .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2013, 04:56 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,598,867 times
Obamacare is a bandaid fix and a massive gift to the insurance companies. Health care is a joke in this country and will always be until we have universal health care like every other industrialized country in the world. Note: I am not holding my breath.

Old 04-10-2013, 05:39 AM

if it is anything like that crap they get in canada i would rather spend the 15k .

Old 04-10-2013, 05:49 AM

14,785 posts, read 23,998,325 times
well then why is it a country like france can afford to take care of its citizens and not charge them a dime huh ? wow and from what I hear that health care in france is awesome . could it be the drs are not so greedy and not worried about driving a mercedes or a lexus or a jaguar ? makes one wonder does it not ? But this obama care is going to stink either way .and is it not ironic that obama will never have to worry about any of his family having to be on it , cause us tax payers will be taking care of him and his family for the rest of his life ....grrrr.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:09 AM

22,346 posts, read 47,330,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
well then why is it a country like france can afford to take care of its citizens and not charge them a dime huh ?
taxes and tariffs

I really think you would object to paying the amount of taxes the average French citizen has to pay....

Old 04-10-2013, 01:14 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,184,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
well then why is it a country like france can afford to take care of its citizens and not charge them a dime huh ? wow and from what I hear that health care in france is awesome . could it be the drs are not so greedy and not worried about driving a mercedes or a lexus or a jaguar ? makes one wonder does it not ? But this obama care is going to stink either way .and is it not ironic that obama will never have to worry about any of his family having to be on it , cause us tax payers will be taking care of him and his family for the rest of his life ....grrrr.
As Pitt Chick already stated, they do pay for it via taxes.

But what's important to keep in mind is that the population of France is ~65 million, compare to ~313 million for the US. You can't assume that what works in a smaller country will work in a big country like ours.

Old 04-10-2013, 02:26 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,598,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
if it is anything like that crap they get in canada i would rather spend the 15k .
Based on this response, I can surmise three things: One, you've never lived in Canada. Two, you've never used Canada's health care. Three, you don't know many Canadians. I can answer in the affirmative to all three. Canada has a very decent health care system. Is it perfect? No place is perfect. But it covers everyone and at a much more efficient cost than US health care, which does not cover everyone. Over two-thirds of US bankruptcies occur as a result of medical expenses. How about Canada? The answer is 0.

I have yet to meet one Canadian, and I know Canadians from all parts of Canada, who wish to scrap their health care, much less adopt the US system. I have also lived in three other countries with nationalized health care. Not once did I experience the horror stories that opponents of universal health care in the US like to bandy about as scare tactics. Not once. And neither did any of my friends in those countries. And again, not a single person I encountered in any of those places advocate scrapping their system for ours.

Old 04-10-2013, 03:33 PM

my friends all live in montreal and i myself lived there a while . i have seen the system work horribly.my friends mom had cancer. she got to go to these clinics never seeing the same doctor 2x,.

many of the better doctors leave canada daily and work just across the border here for much higher compensation.

the procedures and tests they performed and allowed were well below what goes on here

Old 04-10-2013, 04:30 PM

505 posts, read 714,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutboy View Post
Based on this response, I can surmise three things: One, you've never lived in Canada. Two, you've never used Canada's health care. Three, you don't know many Canadians. I can answer in the affirmative to all three. Canada has a very decent health care system. Is it perfect? No place is perfect. But it covers everyone and at a much more efficient cost than US health care, which does not cover everyone. Over two-thirds of US bankruptcies occur as a result of medical expenses. How about Canada? The answer is 0.

I have yet to meet one Canadian, and I know Canadians from all parts of Canada, who wish to scrap their health care, much less adopt the US system. I have also lived in three other countries with nationalized health care. Not once did I experience the horror stories that opponents of universal health care in the US like to bandy about as scare tactics. Not once. And neither did any of my friends in those countries. And again, not a single person I encountered in any of those places advocate scrapping their system for ours.
I too know a lot of Canadians and they are all grateful for thier healthcare, can't say that about ours....

Old 04-10-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue View Post
I too know a lot of Canadians and they are all grateful for thier healthcare, can't say that about ours....
many are grateful for the cost ,not the care. many others do not know any better and have nothing to compare it to so they do not know what good healthcare is .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance