U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-23-2013, 01:41 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,673,182 times

Advertisements

I'm going into the Chase bank nearby to enroll in the Private Client program. I've been looking into it and have noted several concierge banking freebies and fringe benefits.

Anyone else here enrolled in this program?

Are there any other "Private Client" programs with other banks that you would recommend?

Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 03:47 AM

2,116 posts, read 1,587,228 times
Are you a big shot now since you received a boost in pay at your job.

Old 04-23-2013, 03:55 AM

30,114 posts, read 27,192,451 times
i prefer fidelity investments private access to any bank sponsered one. prepare to get bombarded with attempts to sell you annuities.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packer43064 View Post
Are you a big shot now since you received a boost in pay at your job.
Haha! Good one!

I think the boost was a one time thing.

We've been saving for a little while and they told me once I hit a certain number, my account gets upgraded so Ive been waiting. I wonder how that whole private banker thing works.

I wonder if it's more of an investment vehicle than anything... But I like the free perks like free wire, free ATM at non chase banks, free money order and notaries. I also read something about concierge banking...

Ah well... Only 1 way to find out.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:03 PM

4,301 posts, read 4,294,946 times
I'm a Chase Private Client. The perks aren't anything too special. Pretty much in line with other "Preferred or Private" banking programs.

The things I mostly take advantage of are:

- I can order free checks whenever I run out. Just call and they will quickly send some more books

- I can send and receive international and domestic wire transfers free. I own rental properties so this is handy for people that wire in their rental payments. I never get charged for incoming or outgoing wires which can add up as I have several wires per month.

- No forex fees when you use the card outside of the USA

- You can get ATM fees charged by other non Chase Banks reimbursed. (They say 5 but I've not had any problems getting more than that reimbursed each month).

Pretty much the same as the other banks.

I actually prefer BBVA Compass Bank's Preferred Plus program (you have to have over $100,000+ in your accounts with them). They do all of these things (except the no forex fees) plus I get American Airlines miles each month for the money held in my Checking account. Although I'm not sure if new client's can still get AA miles. I think they might have stopped that for new clients.

Also, BBVA gives you a free safe deposit box as well. The downside is there aren't nearly as many branches as Chase.

Old 04-23-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyretirement View Post
I'm a Chase Private Client. The perks aren't anything too special. Pretty much in line with other "Preferred or Private" banking programs.

The things I mostly take advantage of are:

- I can order free checks whenever I run out. Just call and they will quickly send some more books

- I can send and receive international and domestic wire transfers free. I own rental properties so this is handy for people that wire in their rental payments. I never get charged for incoming or outgoing wires which can add up as I have several wires per month.

- No forex fees when you use the card outside of the USA

- You can get ATM fees charged by other non Chase Banks reimbursed. (They say 5 but I've not had any problems getting more than that reimbursed each month).

Pretty much the same as the other banks.

I actually prefer BBVA Compass Bank's Preferred Plus program (you have to have over $100,000+ in your accounts with them). They do all of these things (except the no forex fees) plus I get American Airlines miles each month for the money held in my Checking account. Although I'm not sure if new client's can still get AA miles. I think they might have stopped that for new clients.

Also, BBVA gives you a free safe deposit box as well. The downside is there aren't nearly as many branches as Chase.
I thought Private Client gets free SDB as well?

Even as a Chase Premier checking account holder, you get a free SDB. Next step is Premier Platinum then CPC.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:32 PM

4,301 posts, read 4,294,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinipig523 View Post
I thought Private Client gets free SDB as well?

Even as a Chase Premier checking account holder, you get a free SDB. Next step is Premier Platinum then CPC.

Hmm.. I'm not sure if they do or not but they didn't before. Or maybe they did and I just never noticed that perk. I don't do too much with my Chase account and haven't needed more than the 1 safe deposit box I have.

For people with high net worths and lots of extra cash laying around, it does NOT make sense to keep too much with programs like Chase. Especially when there are programs like Bank Direct - BankDirect

You can earn a boat load of American Airlines miles with the cash and the miles aren't taxable. There are ways to get higher than the FDIC limits as well by adding POD on the account. I typically always use the miles to upgrade to business/first class on international trips so they are worth quite a bit of money and best bang for the buck so to speak.

I'd recommend maxing those types of programs vs. sticking a boatload of money in a Chase Account.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:21 PM

4,193 posts, read 4,496,490 times
I'm a Chase Private Client customer.

The biggest perk so far is that I was invited to a dinner at Morton's to hear one of their higher-level investment people talk about strategy.

I also have access to invest in certain investments that aren't open to everybody.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyretirement View Post
Hmm.. I'm not sure if they do or not but they didn't before. Or maybe they did and I just never noticed that perk. I don't do too much with my Chase account and haven't needed more than the 1 safe deposit box I have.
I just got enrolled today.. ... and I also got a SDB instantly. Considering I was on the waiting list since 6 months ago - all of a sudden, you're CPC and you get one right away.

Very very cool.

And they offered this credit card called Palladium - I'm going to look into it to see if it's any good.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:18 PM

1,963 posts, read 2,287,738 times
I recently became a chase private client. You do get some freebies and some additional services and perks. At my Chase they usher you into an inner sanctum to meet which is a little nicer than the run of the mill bank customers get. I have not been pushed to buy annuities because I am not buying them. I did put some money in a fund they have as an alternative to a standard bank account getting almost no interest and I am pleased. I like Chase, their on line banking, and the people at my local chase. They also have by far the most atms of any other bank in my area, three in my town alone and many others really all over the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance