U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Old 07-31-2013, 11:04 PM
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
26 posts, read 25,204 times
Reputation: 24


I can really use some advice!

Has anyone ever dealt with Midland Funding? I just paid off a judgment with them, but that is where the story stops. I cannot get them to report this to the courts and I cannot get them to send me a verification letter so I can look for a new apartment (I am moving cities for college). I have called several time and each time I get a different answer about who to talk to (them vs an attorney's office), whether they can fax or mail the verification, and when this will show on my credit report. I do not understand what the big run around is! I had a debt with a collections agencies I paid off and when I called to verify that it was indeed paid off, they OFFERED to mail a verification letter and I got it the next week. What do I do? Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 05:43 AM
Location: 23.7 million to 162 million miles North of Venus
4,317 posts, read 4,482,649 times
Reputation: 3849
Send a written request to both Midland and their lawyer requesting that they file the satisfaction of judgment with the court clerk.

Was the judgment entered in MI? If so, here is the MI Rules of Civil Procedure about filing the satisfaction of judgment....

Rule 2.620 Satisfaction of Judgment
A judgment may be shown satisfied of record in whole or in part by:
(1) filing with the clerk a satisfaction signed and acknowledged by the party or parties in whose favor the judgment was rendered, or their attorneys of record;
(2) payment to the clerk of the judgment, interest, and costs, if it is a money judgment only; or
(3) filing a motion for entry of an order that the judgment has been satisfied.
The court shall hear proofs to determine whether the order should be entered.
The clerk must, in each instance, indicate in the court records that the judgment is satisfied in whole or in part

Hopefully it won't be updated as satisfied on your credit reports, and, you don't make the mistake of sending anything to the CRA's showing that the judgment is satisfied. You may be wondering why I made that statement and the reason is, if the judgment is not updated showing as satisfied then it is reporting inaccurately. Since it is inaccurate you have the right to dispute it and more than likely it will come off of you reports, instead of remaining on them showing as satisfied.
If you dispute the judgment with the CRA's then I would suggest that you first Google Why Chat's Credit Confusion and scroll down on the main page to his Special Purpose Letters and then click on his "Delete Incorrect Judgments From Reports".
If you use his guide then follow his steps exactly.
Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top