Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2013, 11:59 AM

205 posts, read 284,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Try that with the IRS and you will find out what is criminal or not. They have a jail cell with Bubba all ready for you.

Really, our only consolidation is that, people like you, deadbeats, you will always be poor and unsucessful. I've seen it and it is almost universal. Bad with money, cannot pay back a debt, etc. Doesn't matter how much money you make or skip out on, doesn't matter even if you win the lottery - you will always be poor, wasting money, bad investments, need money, and at the lower class of humanity.
I'm sure you feel much better about yourself after making this comment, but let me tell you something: your life still sucks. The difference is that some of us take steps to fight back, whereas you just complain and moan all day about "deadbeats", as the banks laugh at you, because you're such a tool.

IRS: I don't owe any taxes or federal debt. Oh I'm "really" scared now...I'm trembling. What a waste of my time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 12:13 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,739,775 times
Morality is irrelevant to me when it comes to material things. So stealing from others is not above you I gather?

Old 10-15-2013, 12:28 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,826,043 times
I don't think he is stealing, he borrowed money and honestly cannot pay it back. If he has a million dollars but won't pay, that's another story.

Old 10-15-2013, 12:31 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,875,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunniholm View Post
I'm sure you feel much better about yourself after making this comment, but let me tell you something: your life still sucks. The difference is that some of us take steps to fight back, whereas you just complain and moan all day about "deadbeats", as the banks laugh at you, because you're such a tool.

IRS: I don't owe any taxes or federal debt. Oh I'm "really" scared now...I'm trembling. What a waste of my time.
Except that I did not a start a post that starts with "I'm a mess", and the thread is not in the least about me (since, frankly, you know absolutely nothing about me), but about you.
I see no steps where you are fighing back, on the contrary, you are not confronting your debt, you are running away from it. That's called cowardice, not fighting...or, if you will, simply a "deadbeat".

Old 10-15-2013, 02:15 PM

800 posts, read 1,296,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnetworking View Post
I don't think he is stealing, he borrowed money and honestly cannot pay it back. If he has a million dollars but won't pay, that's another story.

since this isn't real life (internet forums/trolls) i would speculate that the OP is quite the contrary, if he had a million dollars he would be saying how he beat the system and he has all this money and still won't pay debts he owes because he too slick to be found and unwilling to "play the game" then would go on about how his 15/h job is so easy and hes underpaid but will wait for someone to see how superior he is to everyone and hand him a 6 figure job (unless thats beneath him too). if anything he's said is true than hes plain a simple a shotty human being with no intention to ever do the right thing because then he would lose the game in his head.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:43 PM

205 posts, read 284,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnetworking View Post
Thank you. If I had the money to pay, I would of course pay back loans. But it is impossible at this point> no good jobs available in general, no prospects. If I had loads of money on me, I would pay back immediately, the full amount.

The rest of the people who judge me can stuff it.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:55 PM

1,263 posts, read 3,279,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
This makes me somewhat curious, though I increasingly don't believe a word you say. What kind of jobs did you apply for? My first job right out of college was a programming gig, and my background had precisely nothing to do with CS. What makes you less qualified than me or the hundreds of other software people I worked with whose degrees were almost all in something other than computer science?

You claim to have a degree from an ivy league university in one of the most highly recruited, highly paying majors - with a high GPA - and you expect us to believe that the best you can do is working as a paralegal making less than a McDonald's manager? What did you do so wrong that your ivy league and foreign education have left you worse off than a high school graduate? How did things go so terribly wrong that you find yourself making less than a high school math teacher with a degree from a small state university no one has ever heard of?
Wrong guy. It's Mr. McTroller who's the deadbeat paralegal.

My husband is a software engineer, though, and has worked as an adjunct professor in both math and CS at universities in several states. A CS degree gives you lots of math, but a BS in math usually only gives you a class or two in coding. That's enough to do something really basic with coding, such as would be necessary for various upper level math classes, but not enough to successfully apply for a software engineer position in today's market.

Go check out entry level software engineering positions that are currently posted. You'll see that the requirements are a lot stiffer than back when you got started. There was a window of time when many software engineers came from all sorts of non-IT/CS educational backgrounds, but that's largely in the past without job experience.

Besides...would you want to work with OP?

Old 10-15-2013, 03:03 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,071,182 times
Quote:
Not a troll. I don't know what "inflammatory" things I've said...

And being on this forum will not help creditors at all. It's not like I give my real info on these sites. I'm not an idiot like most folks creditors deal with.

Berdee:

"It sounds like your parents have money and property, so if you keep Tolling the SOL and after your parents die then any property/money that you receive from their estate will be up for grabs."

Not at all -- the house will be inherited by family members and it will be in their name, so no, they can't do that. Yes, my parents do have money and properties, all in their name, not mine.

"If you've never made a payment, and keep fleeing then coming back to the US, then it wouldn't surprise me if they try to turn it from a civil action to a criminal action"

Are you serious? Surely you don't know the law...

There is nothing to "flee" from. Not paying an alleged debt is NOT a criminal action unless they are Federal but this is PRIVATE debt.

They violate the FDCPA because no validation of debt is on the initial letters and he letters do not contain proper FDCPA disclosures. Also, debt collectors CANNOT use legal threats against alleged debtors. That is a violation of the FDCPA since they do not have standing to sue nor are they allowed to take action that cannot legally be taken.
The original creditor is not covered by the FDCPA, so unless your loans have been wold to a third party creditor.

.Also, not entirely true about criminal actions. If a creditor takes you to court and wins a judgement, failure to satisfy the requirements of that judgement may put you in contempt of court, which is a crime.

160k in student loans... tsk, stk... state school all the way!

Old 10-15-2013, 03:06 PM

1,263 posts, read 3,279,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
Here you go brotha. I counted 4, 5 if you include discrete math and more if you take upper division electives in CS. Besides, if the OP is smart enough to make it through an undergraduate math program at an Ivy League school then he's smart enough to expand on his programming skills to become an engineer. Many math majors end up going that route. The OP was asking for help, as stated in the thread title so I was merely offering suggestions as to how he could get a decent paying job and regain control of his finances. He needs to get off his butt and apply himself. As other posters have pointed out, people who go to Ivy League schools are intelligent go-getters that would view working as a paralegal for $15/hr as failure.

https://webapp4.asu.edu/programs/t5/...nopassive=true
Wrong major. That's "Computational Mathematical Sciences", which is joint program between the CS and Math departments. There are 4 different "math" majors at ASU. One is a BA, one is a BS, one is joint with CS/Math, and one is joint with Statistics/Math.

Here's the BS in Math program from ASU...which has only 2 CS classes just like predicted:

https://webapp4.asu.edu/programs/t5/...0/LAMATBS/2013

Old 10-15-2013, 03:10 PM

1,257 posts, read 3,681,795 times
Quote:
Thank you. If I had the money to pay, I would of course pay back loans. But it is impossible at this point> no good jobs available in general, no prospects. If I had loads of money on me, I would pay back immediately, the full amount.

The rest of the people who judge me can stuff it.
So why'd you start this thread again? Are you really a mess?

Seems to me that you'd consider yourself a mess if you were even remotely planning on paying your laons back. But given the posts you've had, seems like you're dead set on not paying - so it seems like you have everything figured out... Which is the opposite of being a mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance