Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 10:51 PM

15,836 posts, read 21,369,827 times

Advertisements

I vastly prefer Wachovia to BOA. It was my first bank and I'm still a little nostalgic. However, when I went to college across the country, I had to open a BoA account which is really useful considering I live in 2 states (home and college) and intern over the summers in other parts of the country as well.

The test will be when I try to get a car loan soon. I'm a bit concerned because I'm 19 (though will be 20 when I go to get the loan) and a student. While I have excellent credit (over 800) and have never not paid a credit card bill in full and spend quite a bit on books, medication, and doctor's bills, I'm worried that my age will work against me and I have no one in state to cosign for me. Not to mention that my parent's credit is a lot worse than mine due to unemployment, even if they did co-sign.

So time will tell before I have to gripe about Bank of America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 07:11 PM

854 posts, read 2,857,822 times
I've been a customer for abour 1.5 years now. Cashing in travelers cheques, getting money with a foreign bankcard, acquiring a credit card, etc. So far I never had a problem with them and they were always friendly and helpful.

Old 12-23-2007, 06:56 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,384,299 times
I just canceled my business credit card with Bank of America because they were so screwed up. I got fed up with the confusion. On top of that, they raised my interest rate without telling me and for no reason.

Old 10-04-2009, 05:12 PM

177 posts, read 814,185 times
Hi All,

I've just become a student again and was wondering about BOA's student checking accounts. I would like to hear how they treat students...any horror stories. Also any other recommendations for a student checking account. Thanks so much..

Old 10-04-2009, 06:43 PM

5,449 posts, read 6,240,814 times
I do all my banking with a small, local bank here in RI, and also have several "online" savings accounts. I do not bank with Bank Of America at all, but I still love them, as they've treated me very, very well. I'm a BOA shareholder, and have been since it bottomed out in March. Shareholder, yes. Bank there, or any other large bank, no.

Old 10-04-2009, 06:46 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,762,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumof3 View Post
Hi All,

I've just become a student again and was wondering about BOA's student checking accounts. I would like to hear how they treat students...any horror stories. Also any other recommendations for a student checking account. Thanks so much..
I have a student account with them and I haven't had any problems.
I have free overdraft protection and there is no minimum balance for my checking account.

You can find out more info on their website.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:40 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,361,266 times
I will never use Bank of America as long as they support La Raza.
Michelle Malkin » Bank of Illegal Aliens in America

Old 10-04-2009, 08:51 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,647,745 times
I'm almost finished redirecting my direct deposits so I can sever all ties with BofA.

The last straw was when I tried to withdraw a couple hundred. They wouldn't take my drivers license for ID! I had just renewed it and it was "less than 3 months old". They sent me home to get my passport.

I'm in my 50's...not some gangbanger in baggy pants....a 23 year customer of the bank, and they sent me home for my passport! That was the day that it became crystal clear that BofA wasn't interested in my business.

I should have done it years ago....I now bank at a credit union. My credit union doesn't even ask for ID because they KNOW ME! What a pleasant change!

Old 10-04-2009, 08:55 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,587,025 times
Wow some one revived a thread that was started around the time of the invention of electricity. What's funny is I think of what the posters knew then and what they know now about good ol communist BOA.

BOA still allows illegal aliens to open accounts without having a SS#. Dont delete my post. It's a fact.

Additional facts are according to MSNs "The customer service hall of shame" Sprint has the worst customer service on earth and BOA is a close second. That should be pretty embarrassing.

Just google BOA complaints and your screen will light up the night sky.

If anyone hacks into your account and steals your money, BOA will not make good on it. I know because I am a victim of them. I hope they all rot in hell.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:11 PM

390 posts, read 1,508,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
BOA still allows illegal aliens to open accounts without having a SS#. Dont delete my post. It's a fact.
Yes, it's true. Actually all banks can open an account for an undocumented visitor or resident. It's not a federal or state requirement to have a ss number. If they have income they can apply for an ITIN to file taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance