U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 05:33 AM

4,793 posts, read 8,255,156 times
Default Paypal Bank Transfers Question

I have a joint account with my Dad's Savings Account, at MB Bank. I don't think their online banking website handles Savings Account Transfers through it's website, you need a Checking Account for that. But we can't change my Dad's pension deposits to a Checking Account; my dad has Alzheimer's and he can't talk and manage any of his business.

So I guess my only [?] option is Paypal Bank transfers? Can I use my Paypal Account to transfer money from my Dad's MB Savings Account to my Chase Checking Account? I really need to do this remotely and online through the web because MB Bank is only in Chicago while I might be in the Philippines or another US City in a temp contract job and then I need to transfer the money remotely. SO will Paypal work? Paypal does work with Savings Accounts because you can add them to your Paypal Bank Account settings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2014, 05:36 AM

17,023 posts, read 10,071,083 times
The best way to handle this is to contact Paypal directly through their customer support and ask them if you cannot find specifics on their website in the help area.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:58 AM

598 posts, read 141,677 times
You should not need a round about route for this. If the bank itself cannot help you find a solution, you need a new bank.

Old 03-24-2014, 03:55 PM

653 posts, read 711,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
I have a joint account with my Dad's Savings Account, at MB Bank. I don't think their online banking website handles Savings Account Transfers through it's website, you need a Checking Account for that. But we can't change my Dad's pension deposits to a Checking Account; my dad has Alzheimer's and he can't talk and manage any of his business.

So I guess my only [?] option is Paypal Bank transfers? Can I use my Paypal Account to transfer money from my Dad's MB Savings Account to my Chase Checking Account? I really need to do this remotely and online through the web because MB Bank is only in Chicago while I might be in the Philippines or another US City in a temp contract job and then I need to transfer the money remotely. SO will Paypal work? Paypal does work with Savings Accounts because you can add them to your Paypal Bank Account settings.
Do you have the power of attorney for your father? If you have the proper legal right, the bank will do it for you. Or are you trying to take your father's month pension income without knowledge of the rest of the family. From your other posts, it seems like you plan to take your father's pension for you own use and expect his care to be paid for by the family trust (of which he is not a part of, and you are only 50% share of that trust).

Old 03-24-2014, 08:26 PM

127 posts, read 52,801 times
I know the answer but I have no interest in helping anyone take money from their father's savings account.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:57 PM

3,094 posts, read 959,431 times
Jesse, hopefully your brother will hear about this and put a stop to it. This is not your money, its your father's.

Old 03-25-2014, 02:17 AM

Well, you all misunderstand me. I need to take out $2200 a month from my Dad's Saving's Account to send to the Philippines each month to help pay for his expenses. food, medication, and maids. We did have a bank account in the Philippines with 7 million pesos but it GOT LOCKED by the death of my mom. Stupid Filipino Bank Law - if you have a multiple account bank account, and one person dies, you have to go through some legal process to access the money. So now I have to send my Dad's money to the Philippines every month, and my Dad's USA MB Bank account is also in my mom's name and my name. So I can legally get money from it. I'm not going to use the money for myself, I'll mostly keep it there as emergency money. I'm not going to use it to spend on bikes, clothes, or computers.

So I need your help on this PayPal matter. I might get a job outside of Chicago and it would be a gigantic hassle if I couldn't access the MB Bank Savings Account remotely.

Old 03-25-2014, 05:15 AM

When my mom was alive and in the Philippines she would request me to send $1200 / month to her from my dad's bank account. I would get it a go to a Filipino store to remit it to the Philippines, with a $20 surcharge.

Can Paypal directly transfer money from my dad's US savings account to my aunt's Philippine Savings account? - Without any surcharges?

Old 03-25-2014, 11:51 AM

653 posts, read 711,564 times
1. Why are YOU entitled to the rest of YOUR FATHER's PENSION?
That pension money should be put into a trust for your father's care ONLY. Neither you or brother are entitled to it. It should not be in YOUR account for YOUR emergencies. You seem to treat your father's pension money as your own, and use your SSDI for frivolous things.

2. If the Philippines bank account is part of the family trust that you have 50% share, your brother 40% share, and aunt 10%, why should your father's care be paid out of that? It is not stupid, most countries have laws regarding shared accounts to prevent one owner on the account from draining it without the permission of the other account owners.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:40 PM

During our last meeting with our Trust Lawyer with my mom it was agreed that it was ok for me to be on my dad's bank account, thus I can possibly use it for me.

And previously when my mom was alive I never used my dad's bank account for myself, except when I discovered that my mom gave away 4 double racks of my clothes so I told her she owed me $12,000 so she gave me my dad's bank account to get $12,000. So that's the only time I used $$ from my dad's bank account.

Last edited by Jesse69; 03-25-2014 at 07:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance