Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 11:29 AM

10,737 posts, read 5,664,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
I see a rather complicated legal problem in the future if it hasn't started already.
Yep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2014, 11:56 AM

10,737 posts, read 5,664,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous725 View Post
Facts

• Are the expenses personal or business?
  • If the Corporation's registered office and address is also it's CEO's residence, is it a personal or business-related expense? It would be very difficult to state it's my residence, since you could possibly say my permanent residence is my parent's home.
  • Food & Transportation are for the benefit of the Corporation, not for the personal benefit of me; That could be proven by the fact the transport was necessary and needed; and that Food was an office supply, just like stationary.
  • Telecommunications are in permanent use for Corporation purposes; Just because I call a friend or a family member using the business line shouldn't mean it's personal benefit, since there was no actual charge for the calls made (included in unlimited calling package)
Food is an office supply, like stationary?

Either this is a troll thread, or you simply don't care that you are headed over a cliff. My vote is for the former.

Old 05-08-2014, 06:19 PM

795 posts, read 1,268,365 times
Quote:
It would still be very hard and very difficult to prove that the expenses charged to the company were personal expenses.
This comment you made is very unfortunate. At least you did not say "impossible".

You know, the people who investigate these things might have a clue about what they are doing.

Quote:
If worst-case scenario ever happened. I am absolutely sure given the facts and nature of the events and situation, that a jury would acquit.
You remind me of the two guys who got involved with a girl... one pleaded out, the other said any jury would acquit. One guy got less than 2 years... jury handed down 15 years for the other.

Point is don't trust your future to a sympathetic jury... they might see a "tax dodger" (even if you are not) and slam you.

If you *think* your taxes might be messed up, you might want to see about getting them corrected.

Sounds like you will get it right though... good luck.

Old 05-09-2014, 06:41 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,210,341 times
See how that worked out for Wesley Snipes bud.

Good luck. What you are doing is the most elementary tax evasion scheme possible and a newbie auditor can catch what you are doing very easily.

My opinion comes from years in public accounting. I have seen it all and running personal expenses through a business always gets people in trouble.

Some CEO, haha.

Old 05-09-2014, 09:56 AM

2,885 posts, read 4,645,895 times
Quote:
If worst-case scenario ever happened. I am absolutely sure given the facts and nature of the events and situation, that a jury would acquit.
Assume that at least some people posting on this thread are tax professionals and have some idea what they're talking about.

Then, consult with a tax attorney. Or at least google up issues with home office deductions and other mixed personal/business use items, for starters.

Old 05-09-2014, 10:03 AM

2,836 posts, read 3,495,359 times
Anonymous725:

I think that you are the CEO of a "money laundering" business. By lending your name to this corporation, you may well be liable for more than just taxes. I would suggest that you disassociate yourself from it as soon as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance