Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2014, 08:02 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,576,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotucker99 View Post
Whose life? Not mine lol! I'm free from all of the financially bankrupting, physical health destroying, mental illness implementing CRAP because I'm MGTOW and have opted out of all it.

I live my life for me, chasing my passion in life (my career, working out, etc) dating whomever I please, vacationing whenever I want, and enjoying life on this Earth until I'm 75-85 and DIE.

Well now that says a lot about you. Combine that with your delusional view of life and I hope you enjoy yourself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 08:05 AM

388 posts, read 275,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
If I had such a cartoonishly dismal outlook on life, I'd probably decline to have kids too
Yes.
And did you notice how often this guy keeps bringing up Family Court in his post? Much like a guy above who keeps harping about marriage being essentially a 'financial transaction'. These kind of people seem to have bad breakups and unfortunately bore unfair financial burdens because of the breakups. And so they have reduced the idea of marriage to financial scare mongering.

I met a similar kind of guy in a pub last night whose wife 'cheated on him', resulting in a divorce, and now this guy hates women, wowing never to marry again; this guy was an uncouth drunk! Using the most vulgar language in front of young bartender women to express his hatred of women (except to screw them)... Yes, I get it: You guys had bad marriages but maybe there was something you guys did wrong too?!

Some of us can and are happily married and remain so for decades. Often for a lifetime. If 60% end in divorce then the rest of the 40% can't be all that miserable.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:08 AM

1,901 posts, read 1,828,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Well now that says a lot about you. Combine that with your delusional view of life and I hope you enjoy yourself
Lol, can you remain consistent for once?

First you say, "Yeah all of what you posted is the norm and that's how life is."

Now you say my view of life is delusional, which is it lol??

Old 11-21-2014, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meengla View Post
Yes.
And did you notice how often this guy keeps bringing up Family Court in his post? Much like a guy above who keeps harping about marriage being essentially a 'financial transaction'. These kind of people seem to have bad breakups and unfortunately bore unfair financial burdens because of the breakups. And so they have reduced the idea of marriage to financial scare mongering.

I met a similar kind of guy in a pub last night whose wife 'cheated on him', resulting in a divorce, and now this guy hates women, wowing never to marry again; this guy was an uncouth drunk! Using the most vulgar language in front of young bartender women to express his hatred of women (except to screw them)... Yes, I get it: You guys had bad marriages but maybe there was something you guys did wrong too?!

Some of us can and are happily married and remain so for decades. Often for a lifetime. If 60% end in divorce then the rest of the 40% can't be all that miserable.

It's the same poster when you ref this guy and they one above.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Lol, can you remain consistent for once?

First you say, "Yeah all of what you posted is the norm and that's how life is."

Now you say my view of life is delusional, which is it lol??

You know everything about women, marriage and divorce but apparently know nothing of sarcasm. Your view is delusional

Old 11-21-2014, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meengla View Post
Yes.

Lol, you guys are so emotional that you don't even realize that you are failing to use LOGIC with your own supposed "stances".

On one hand you ADMIT, guys like me have had bad experiences (directly or indirectly) with the institution of marriage/divorce being financial rape, but YET despite our bad experience we are supposed to go along happy go lucky as if NOTHING happened?

That's like walking down a dark alley at night for the first time, and a dog jumps out and BITES the hell out of you. You run home and do first aid on yourself before going to the hospital.

Knowing that you got the hell bitten out of you last time, would it make sense to walk down that dark alley one more time? If other PEOPLE asked you about your experience with that dark alley, what would you say?

- Would you say, "I walked down that dark alley and got the hell bitten out of me, don't go down there!"

- Or would you say, "Well, I walked down that dark alley and unfortunately I got the hell bitten out of me HOWEVER, that shouldn't stop YOU from going down that dark alley! You walk that dark alley with your head up high!"

Lol....you guys can't be serious.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Lol, you guys are so emotional that you don't even realize that you are failing to use LOGIC with your own supposed "stances".

On one hand you ADMIT, guys like me have had bad experiences (directly or indirectly) with the institution of marriage/divorce being financial rape, but YET despite our bad experience we are supposed to go along happy go lucky as if NOTHING happened?

That's like walking down a dark alley at night for the first time, and a dog jumps out and BITES the hell out of you. You run home and do first aid on yourself before going to the hospital.

Knowing that you got the hell bitten out of you last time, would it make sense to walk down that dark alley one more time? If other PEOPLE asked you about your experience with that dark alley, what would you say?

- Would you say, "I walked down that dark alley and got the hell bitten out of me, don't go down there!"

- Or would you say, "Well, I walked down that dark alley and unfortunately I got the hell bitten out of me HOWEVER, that shouldn't stop YOU from going down that dark alley! You walk that dark alley with your head up high!"

Lol....you guys can't be serious.

It's not really rational to think that everytime you walk down a dark alley that a dog is going to attack you. It may be you that is overly Emo

Old 11-21-2014, 08:26 AM

Quote:
It's not really rational to think that everytime you walk down a dark alley that a dog is going to attack you. It may be you that is overly Emo
Lol, of course it's not rational to overly emotional people. A dog, a thief, a rapist, anything is subject to be down that dark alley, take an alternative way home.

Just like with marriage, anything is subject to happen that would cause that marriage to end and you being on the receiving end of financial rape. Just take an alternative way home! Which in this case, just do your long term "loving" relationships with women OUTSIDE of a marriage contract and you won't have any issues.

If you want a Cohabitation with her, do it outside of a Common Law state, or better yet....you have your place and she has HER place, and you guys take turns "visiting" each other.

That's how I do it, it exempts you from all of the crap but allows you to enjoy all of the benefits (sex and dates). If at ANY MOMENT that woman starts to go bat crazy on you, you can leave! Free and clear! And go find another woman!

Old 11-21-2014, 08:27 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,825,964 times
I know, what a concept.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:27 AM

388 posts, read 275,793 times
Quote:

Yup!
Their paranoia has formed their worldview. And looking at the bar guy from last night they are a sad spectacle to behold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance