Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2014, 08:04 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,851,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
I've been through a divorce myself and been witness to many. I don't need you to tell me to go to family court, I've been and what you are talking about is extremes not norms.
I'm divorced, too.

I filed the papers, she signed them. We split our assets and there was no disagreement. I make 4x what she does and she didn't come after any of it. We basically just wanted a reset to where our lives were before before we married. Rather than deciding the world sucked and I needed to be afraid of everything, I moved to the other side of the globe and met a girl who's ten times the woman my ex was.

I have three female friends who divorced and didn't even go after their exes for child support. Their exes didn't have their act together and were essentially hopeless as far as they were concerned and figured it wasn't worth it.

Not to say there aren't dudes who get taken to the cleaners of course. Happened to my dad with his ex wife, and because of the alimony agreements, my dad had to sign away a third of his income even after she remarried, which impacted me and my sisters' childhoods. But, he and my mom have been married 34 years, and still adore each other.

I've had my failures and mistakes, but it is my decision and mine alone whether these failures or my successes define me and set the stage for the rest of my life. If I assume I am destined to failure and people are going to screw me over at every turn, that's probably what will happen. Breaks my heart to hear all these sad sacks who have their whole lives ahead of them have already thrown in the towel and given up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 08:17 PM

1,901 posts, read 1,827,939 times
Quote:
Lowexpectations

So it's normal for moms to spend the child support on wigs and supporting convict boyfriends?
YES. There's no audit nor accounting done on the child support payments that are sent to the parent with custody and most of the time if the non-custodial parent is one of "means" then the amount of the child support payments will be OVER AND ABOVE the actual needs of the child, and the custodial parent will use the additional income on themselves and bailing their convicted felon boyfriends out of jail.

Quote:
Lowexpectations

And not to support their child through a place to live or food or child care?
YES. Once again, the child support payments are usually above and beyond what it takes to care for the child if the non-custodial parent is one of "means". So the BULK of the payments do not go towards the child care at all.

Quote:
Lowexpectations

Oh okay. It's also normal for courts to order child support in excess of income?
YES. The way the system works is that if I'm making $100,000 in 2013 they will base the child support payments on that income. If I lose my job in 2014 and pick up another job making only $35,000 a year the Courts will think I was playing games with them and deliberately reduced my income to reduce my child support payments. As a result, they would still REQUIRE I pay the child support payments based on the $100,000 in income and not based on the new $35,000 in income that I have. If I miss payments due to not having the money, they LOCK me up.

Quote:
Lowexpectations

Oh yeah I totally believe you. Or are you attempting to suggest that most deadbeats just can't meet their obligations because the order is just too high? What state do you work in?
NO, at least I'm not saying that. A deadbeat is a loser that a woman decides to pro-create with due to the American woman's glorification of thugged out, convicted, felony-filled "bad boys". Usually when they pro-create with these losers they aren't really EXPECTING any payments from them, but instead to get payments from the Government, in this case the loser is a just a sperm donor.

The guy of "means," they are expecting to get payments from. This guy is nothing but a free ATM machine that the woman uses to marry her and get her pregnant, so she can be a "house wife" for 5-10 years and then divorce him in year 11 to get HALF the assets, the HOUSE, child support, and lifetime alimony so she can THEN go and spend the rest of her life with the thugged out, convicted, felony-filled "bad boy".

So what you have is a strategic plot. They will either choose the loser to pro-create with to get payments from the Government, or they will choose the guys of "means" to pro-create with to get RICH from his excessive child support payments and alimony.

All of the other women in the middle, usually are those that might try to approach the situation in a fair and balanced stance, but those women are few and FAIR between today, that's why you have SO MANY SINGLE MOTHERS.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
So it's normal for moms to spend the child support on wigs and supporting convict boyfriends? And not to support their child through a place to live or food or child care. Oh okay. It's also normal for courts to order child support in excess of income? Oh yeah I totally believe you. Or are you attempting to suggest that most deadbeats just can't meet their obligations because the order is just too high? What state do you work in?
Yeah, I've never had a girlfriend or ex-wife or ex-fiance, whether she was an ex or current, go buy a wig, let alone tell me that I need to buy her one... I don't believe any of them went on to see convicts...

As far as the child support issue goes, I did a quick check of the NY State child support guidelines. NY is one of the more "liberal" states in the nation, and most of the guys ranting against this stuff also seem to blame or have an axe to grind with "liberals" for making this all into a big mess.

"After the court determines the amount you should pay for child support, the court then considers how much income you will have after child support is deducted. If your remaining income would be less than or equal to the federal poverty income guidelines, an order for a lower amount (for example $25 per month) may be issued. This amount may then go up when your income increases, after review by the court.

Also, if your income is less than or equal to the federal poverty income guideline, there is a limit on the amount of unpaid child support arrears that can be accrued (built up). The amount that you owe when you are at these income levels cannot build to more than $500."

https://www.childsupport.ny.gov/dcse...rent_info.html

Sounds absolutely criminal!!

Old 11-21-2014, 08:29 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotucker99 View Post
Well, I'm a conservative. I'm a fiscal conservative in total, while being a social moderate.

- I want a reform of the tax code to reduce "rates" but bring in more tax revenues to help balance budgets.

- I want government spending reduced and the private sector to pick up where the government's responsibility was cut off.

- I want a reform to the military industrial complex as we could "war ourselves to death" by using up all of our resources on false flags and FAKE wars like the War In Iraq.

- I want the welfare system changed to where it only takes care of people down and out for a LIMITED period of time, then you have to get off of it. There's no excuse for people on food stamps for 15 years straight and they have no SERIOUS disability (not these fake disabilities).

- I want Obamacare eliminated, I want a healthcare marketplace where more vendors are allowed to compete for my private healthcare plan. I also want doctors to be required to disclose all costs and that will allow us to shop for the best cost and quality. I want TAX INCENTIVES for people who take proactive measures to stay healthy.

- I want the education system reformed. Public school is a mess. Higher Education is a mess. Reform it.

I can go on and on. You can call me a Conservative Democrat or a Moderate Republican, I refer to myself as a Republican.
Your wants mean more government. You want the private sector to pick up where you want government to leave off. The private sector doesn't play that way.You want more tax revenues...from where? you want tax incentives for people who say healthy. You are suggesting inequality. You want the education system reformed; by who?
Who do you want to do the reforming and taxing? You said you want government spending cut but is government going to oversee all of this?

Yep, republican. Conservatives think differently. I would rather see a libertarian approach.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:32 PM

Quote:
All of the other women in the middle, usually are those that might try to approach the situation in a fair and balanced stance, but those women are few and FAIR between today, that's why you have SO MANY SINGLE MOTHERS.
Dude, that's simply not true.

I have my issues with the expectations and dating/relationship related social mores in the US right now, but you're painting a picture that brings to mind trailer parks or inner-city projects, both of which are a reality but hardly a "norm" for America. You're setting the bar at the lowest common denominator and assuming it applies to the society as a whole.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
415_s2k

I've had my failures and mistakes, but it is my decision and mine alone whether these failures or my successes define me and set the stage for the rest of my life. If I assume I am destined to failure and people are going to screw me over at every turn, that's probably what will happen. Breaks my heart to hear all these sad sacks who have their whole lives ahead of them have already thrown in the towel and given up.
Lol, oh really? So if I sit around thinking all day, that people are going to screw me over, then I will start getting screwed over? Hmmm....that sounds like some Law of Attraction scam lol.

I wonder were all those home owners who bought homes they couldn't afford in 2006 thinking that they were going to get screwed one day in 2008 when the market crashed....oh wait...they were not thinking that! They actually were thinking the opposite, they were very optimistic about the house investment and thought they were going to be rich lol!

You guys kill me with this.

- Your heart is broken to hear us "sad sacks" who have their whole lives ahead of them deciding to OPT OUT of something that you opted into that you decided yourself wasn't worth staying in.

- Your heart is broken to hear us "sad sacks" who have their whole lives ahead of them deciding to OPT OUT of something that almost financially destroyed your Father.

I mean where is the logic with you guys lol? You're arguing from an emotional standpoint and not arguing based on data, logic and reason.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Your wants mean more government. You want the private sector to pick up where you want government to leave off. The private sector doesn't play that way.You want more tax revenues...from where? you want tax incentives for people who say healthy. You are suggesting inequality. You want the education system reformed; by who?
Who do you want to do the reforming and taxing? You said you want government spending cut but is government going to oversee all of this?

Yep, republican. Conservatives think differently. I would rather see a libertarian approach.

Yes, when you cut government in one area something else has to pick up that area where the government was cut off or you have a reduction of whatever was being provided.

In relation to tax revenues, I would look at creating a new tax system, maybe look at taxing consumption more than production.

Yes, I want tax incentives for people to remain healthy and use less healthcare. Despite the boom of the fitness industry, we are the most OBESE than at any other time in history. I think something like 50% of the country's women are overweight. People chain smoke like it's no tomorrow. They eat processed food. They don't workout. They refuse to drink water and rather drink soda, thinking if they drink "Diet Coke" then they are being health conscious lol. All of these bad habits and we wonder why people get all of these issues at 50 and have to use SO MANY expensive health services.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:45 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,908,221 times
Yeah, millennials. Don't start a family.

The illegals coming across the border are starting really large families. And if things continue to go that way, then the US will eventually be known as Northern Mexico.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:49 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,568,036 times
Quote:
YES. There's no audit nor accounting done on the child support payments that are sent to the parent with custody and most of the time if the non-custodial parent is one of "means" then the amount of the child support payments will be OVER AND ABOVE the actual needs of the child, and the custodial parent will use the additional income on themselves and bailing their convicted felon boyfriends out of jail.
Actually in 11 states you can get detailed accounting by request. Beyond that you still haven't demonstrated that support typically goes to buy wigs and support convicts.

Quote:
YES. Once again, the child support payments are usually above and beyond what it takes to care for the child if the non-custodial parent is one of "means". So the BULK of the payments do not go towards the child care at all.

Can you cite a source? Preferably one that accounts for the cost of a child including shelter, food, child care and all. The things that go into raising a child?

Quote:
YES. The way the system works is that if I'm making $100,000 in 2013 they will base the child support payments on that income. If I lose my job in 2014 and pick up another job making only $35,000 a year the Courts will think I was playing games with them and deliberately reduced my income to reduce my child support payments. As a result, they would still REQUIRE I pay the child support payments based on the $100,000 in income and not based on the new $35,000 in income that I have. If I miss payments due to not having the money, they LOCK me up.

The situation you describe isn't normal and courts do adjust support payments down

Quote:
NO, at least I'm not saying that. A deadbeat is a loser that a woman decides to pro-create with due to the American woman's glorification of thugged out, convicted, felony-filled "bad boys". Usually when they pro-create with these losers they aren't really EXPECTING any payments from them, but instead to get payments from the Government, in this case the loser is a just a sperm donor.

The guy of "means," they are expecting to get payments from. This guy is nothing but a free ATM machine that the woman uses to marry her and get her pregnant, so she can be a "house wife" for 5-10 years and then divorce him in year 11 to get HALF the assets, the HOUSE, child support, and lifetime alimony so she can THEN go and spend the rest of her life with the thugged out, convicted, felony-filled "bad boy".

So what you have is a strategic plot. They will either choose the loser to pro-create with to get payments from the Government, or they will choose the guys of "means" to pro-create with to get RICH from his excessive child support payments and alimony.

Just like many other instances you are simply making up your own facts here. This is nothing but bs

Old 11-21-2014, 08:50 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,568,036 times
Quote:
Yes, when you cut government in one area something else has to pick up that area where the government was cut off or you have a reduction of whatever was being provided.

In relation to tax revenues, I would look at creating a new tax system, maybe look at taxing consumption more than production.

Yes, I want tax incentives for people to remain healthy and use less healthcare. Despite the boom of the fitness industry, we are the most OBESE than at any other time in history. I think something like 50% of the country's women are overweight. People chain smoke like it's no tomorrow. They eat processed food. They don't workout. They refuse to drink water and rather drink soda, thinking if they drink "Diet Coke" then they are being health conscious lol. All of these bad habits and we wonder why people get all of these issues at 50 and have to use SO MANY expensive health services.

How many men are overweight?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance