Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2014, 10:55 AM

1,901 posts, read 1,827,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
I was speaking for myself.... Seeing as you have never experienced the motivation of the love of your children, you are speaking about a topic you have little experience with. I believe the vast majority of parents who have been on both sides of he fence would disagree with you.
Listen, I love that you guys continue to promote this fairy tale but times are changed. Being a Father in America today is BANNED, if you want to build character in your child, discipline, toughness, etc., then you are going to be categorized as abusing the child. The children grow up to be entitled, spoiled brats.

ON top of this, the woman you made the child(ren) with will most likely request EXCESSIVE child support payments that she won't put away for their college trust fund, instead she'll buy wigs, weaves, pay off her student loans in African American Studies, and of course (you know it) bail out her convicted felon boyfriend out of prison.

TO TOP IT OFF, she will argue in Court that you can only see the child 2 times a month, which makes it impossible to Father someone like that.

So let's summarize this, I have a child and:

- I can't Father it because I only see it twice a month and ANY type of Fatherly love, tough love, etc. will be categorized as child abuse. So basically, the child RUNS the relationship and if I don't meet their spoiled, entitled demands then I'm a BAD FATHER.

- I can't leave a Legacy for the child, because instead of putting the money in a Trust Fund or College Fund, I have to pay excessive Child Support Payments which will go to the woman and she will WASTE it on taking care of convicted felon boyfriends.

Please tell me WHY I should create children again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2014, 10:59 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,285,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotucker99 View Post
Lol, come on man, you can't really believe this? I wrote in another thread I believe, I don't think it was this one, but it was about how only 5% of people with children actually had them for the right reason which is to pass down wealth and continue a generational power cycle.

Most people having kids today could care LESS about the kids, they are doing it for selfish reasons such as more welfare money, child support money, because they are lonely now or will be lonely later in life, so they can have pseudo slaves around the house, OR....it's just because they got some chick pregnant by mistake and the chick refused to do any birth control methods or abortions.

I know me personally, I was born because the condom broke, period. If that condom would have remained intact I would not have graced you guys on these forums with superb recommendations and oversight over the last few months

Btw....Merry Christmas you filthy animals
My condolences on your conception and your discernable dysfunctional relationship with your parents.

The obvious logical fallacy in your statement is that "Most people having kids today could care LESS about the kids".

This statement is apparently a reflection of your personal experience and has little relevance to the reality of the vast majority of parent / child relationships.

I hope for your own sake that you receive some philological help to deal with your demons and at some point in your life are able to experience a normal emotional relationship.

Last edited by jimhcom; 12-26-2014 at 11:26 AM..

Old 12-26-2014, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
My condolences on your conception and your discernable dysfunctional relationship with your parents.

The obvious logical fallacy in your statement is that "Most people having kids today could care LESS about the kids".

This statement is apparently a reflection of your personal experience and has little relevance to the reality of the vast majority of parent / child relationships.

I hope for your own sake that you receive some philological help to deal with your demons and at some point in your life are able to experience a normal emotional relationship.

Here's my post on page 42 at post number 411, tell me I'm lying?

Quote:
- When you take out the people having kids today just so they aren't "lonely" when they are old...

- Take out the people having kids just to scam some guy out of excessive child support payments..

- Take out the people having kids just to scam the tax payers out of lifetime welfare payments...

- Take out the people having kids because they needs pseudo-slaves around the house to boss around

- Then when you take out people having kids because they just can't use birth control or condoms and continue bringing kids here they don't WANT

.....................it's reasonable to ESTIMATE that less than 5% of parents actually had kids for the RIGHT reason.

The RIGHT reason is to create kids with the purpose of passing on a Legacy to them on this Earth. It's a form of a generational power cycle continuation. The kids have an excellent childhood and adulthood because they come from money and a very POWERFUL network. THAT'S why you create kids, you bring them here to give them a great life and continue the life that you already built.

This is why people like me aren't having any kids. I think it's harder than ever today to leave a Legacy to children because for one, I would need to actually FATHER them and women, society and the Government WILL NOT ALLOW true Fathering today. Any amount of true discipline and true honesty to children (other than the everybody gets a trophy approach) would be shamed and cast off as child abuse.

Old 12-26-2014, 08:46 PM

22 posts, read 15,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costaexpress View Post
Not starting a family is one of the best ways for millenials to cope with financial trouble.
One. You can save more efficiently.
Two. You have more time to better your skills and employment , which leads to greater earning potential.
Three. You have a whole lot more leisure time to focus on fitness and quality of life, which then save healthcare cost.
Four. You are less stressed, sleep in everyday, quiet weekends, long breakfasts, and more time socializing with friends. It increases your happiness.
Five. You may be able to take more vacations and travel, which refreshes you and recharges your battery.
Great. They should all take your advice and we can have a nice negative birthrate. That will do wonders for our nation, society at large, and our economy. We'll just have another Me Generation and a nation full of old geezers in the future.

Old 12-26-2014, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentGrad1 View Post
I'm a Millennial (24) and I largely agree with you.
  1. 100% agreed - I'm currently saving 2/3 of my income.
  2. Very true. I can stay at work as late as I want. That probably really contributed to my last bonus.
  3. Yup! Currently bicycling everywhere and taking an exercise class. Also working on cooking more. I'm pretty healthy.
  4. Got up at 9:30AM today (after a late night at work). I get up before 7:30AM maybe twice each year (for flights). No responsibilities to anyone but myself - pretty awesome. I can do whatever I want or go wherever I want without worrying about childcare/etc. I also have time to volunteer, something many married people with kids don't have time for.
  5. Yup! Currently taking an international vacation every year, plus a domestic one. Very refreshing.

With that being said, I still DO want to start a family someday. My plan is to reach financial independence in my early 30's, after which I will have the freedom to do what I want without worrying about working. Starting a family could then be an option. I do NOT want to have kids while working a full-time, stressful job. There's no point to having kids if you can't spend time with them to actually raise them.
And considering you are 24 now, just how much money will you have accumulated by your mid thirties to completely retire from all stressful work taking into account you will hopefully live till 80 to 100 years old. I hope the field you will be working in will allow you to earn and save several million dollars to be retired for 45 to 65 years.

Old 12-27-2014, 06:04 AM

9,070 posts, read 6,300,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGFitness View Post
Great. They should all take your advice and we can have a nice negative birthrate. That will do wonders for our nation, society at large, and our economy. We'll just have another Me Generation and a nation full of old geezers in the future.
It's what the white Europeans are doing. Of course they have plenty of middle eastern and north African immigrants to wipe their butts for them in old age.

Old 12-27-2014, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
It's what the white Europeans are doing. Of course they have plenty of middle eastern and north African immigrants to wipe their butts for them in old age.
Yes, I know. Our future looks wonderful.

Old 12-27-2014, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGFitness View Post
And considering you are 24 now, just how much money will you have accumulated by your mid thirties to completely retire from all stressful work taking into account you will hopefully live till 80 to 100 years old. I hope the field you will be working in will allow you to earn and save several million dollars to be retired for 45 to 65 years.
See this line of thinking is why people believe they can never retire. You don't need millions of dollars to retire if you focus on living a minimalist and relatively low cost of living lifestyle. It depends on how you spend your money and where you have decided to stay.

On top of this, it depends upon if you decided to have kids. If you are talking about a guy with no kids and no ex-wife who is a FAT HAG that sucks alimony from you every month while she uses the money to cook for her Career Felon "New Baby Daddy," then you shouldn't have an issue saving enough money by 40 to be able to SIT/LIVE comfortably.

Old 12-28-2014, 07:49 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,568,036 times
Quote:
See this line of thinking is why people believe they can never retire. You don't need millions of dollars to retire if you focus on living a minimalist and relatively low cost of living lifestyle. It depends on how you spend your money and where you have decided to stay.

On top of this, it depends upon if you decided to have kids. If you are talking about a guy with no kids and no ex-wife who is a FAT HAG that sucks alimony from you every month while she uses the money to cook for her Career Felon "New Baby Daddy," then you shouldn't have an issue saving enough money by 40 to be able to SIT/LIVE comfortably.

Minimalist lifestyle? How boring

The rest of your post is the same old tired bs rant :yawn:

Old 12-28-2014, 09:55 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,285,342 times
Quote:
Here's my post on page 42 at post number 411, tell me I'm lying?
Your viewpoint is warped by your own experiences. It is true that there are some bad parents, but they are the minority. Most parents sacrifice much of what they want in life for their children and work very hard to give their children every opportunity in life. I agree with you that parents should postpone having children until they are reasonably financially secure, because the last thing anyone should do is bring someone else into this world if they cannot give that person a fighting chance.

That being said, this country is still a place where someone can achieve financial success without anything more than a basic education and the work ethic to succeed. That is why 10's of millions of immigrants flock here from their home countries, because they see the opportunities.

The truth is the majority of the young people today want something handed to them and are not willing to do the hard work it takes to succeed. This can be verified by the plethora of threads in this forum about a ridiculous minimum wage level.

You will never get ahead working 40hrs a week and spending the other half of your life wastefully. It is when you learn to use your time not working for someone else to make money for yourself that you will begin to accumulate some wealth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance