U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 08:30 PM

805 posts, read 891,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Nope. That is likely because I do not answer, EVER, any call from a number I do not recognize. If I don't answer and they don't leave a message (they never do), they will stop calling.

You can always put the number you called into Google and see what comes up. If I've had repetitive calls from some number, I'll do that and often find it's been reported as a scam, so then I just add it to the blocked calls on my iPhone.

I took your advice and googled some of the many #'s they called me from. I was referred to another site and a list of probably 150 - 200 numbers came up for credit one and all but 2 of the numbers that called me were listed. Interestingly since I spoke to them yesterday, no more calls. So maybe they did take me off their "list".

The one possibility I can think of is that the number of this tracfone may have belonged to someone who did owe money to this "bank". I bought the phone recently and the calls started right away. The phone number is area code 505 (New Mexico) and this bank is in Nevada.

Hopefully they will finally stop calling.

Thanks again for the advice re googling the phone numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2015, 07:33 PM

805 posts, read 891,710 times
Smile Got rid of them

No calls from them for the past 2days,since they denied it was them calling me. That is a good thing.

However I have decided to sign up for lifelock for the next year, as I don't trust these thieves. I have visions of them stealing my identity or draining my bank accounts. It just creeps me out that the crooks have my phone number.

Thanks for all the advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or