U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 02:37 PM

13,650 posts, read 8,565,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpingfalcon View Post
Im planning on working with AirPort Security but they said I will be making 16.50$ an hour. Can you live on that?
There is a man in Detroit who walks a total of 21 miles a day to work.
He has never missed a day.
He is never late.

He makes 10.50 an hour.
Detroit Auto-Worker James Robertson Walks 21 Miles to Work - The Atlantic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 02:48 PM

5,300 posts, read 4,400,288 times
Depends on many, many factors.

What part of the nation will you live in, and how urbanized is it? Cost of living is key here. Are the residents of the area affluent or very poor? If affluent, the price of everything is inflated. Will you have to pay state income tax, and/or sales tax? Is there public transportation or will you need a car?

If needed, do you have enough money to move?

Do you have to pay rent, or do you live with your parents? Do you have outstanding debt (credit card, student loans, child support)? Are you single, married, married with children? Do other members of your household earn income?

I wouldn't try living on $16.50 an hour in New York City, but you'd be living quite well in rural Arkansas on that amount.

Old 02-05-2015, 03:02 PM

1,901 posts, read 1,438,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Why is it that you call everyone a liberal if they don't agree with you? Seems rather strange that's a fallback retort
But if you're a Liberal, then you are a Liberal...right?

Old 02-05-2015, 03:05 PM

18,850 posts, read 13,597,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotucker99 View Post
But if you're a Liberal, then you are a Liberal...right?

No. Just because you ignorantly label people who disagree with you as liberal doesn't make someone so.

Old 02-05-2015, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
Judging from what I've seen via these boards and a quick google, the fact of these individuals "going their own way" is no loss to the gene pool. Please, do continue.
Haha! Don't know what your gender is but either you are a Woman or a Male Feminist most likely. Most MGTOW/MRA guys are killing it in their Careers, making a good amount of money and have great standings in society. IF those aren't "great genes" then I don't know what is.

Hopefully we can get ALL of the decent guys in America to "go their own way" and the only ones left for American Women to pick from will be the thugs and deadbeats, you know the ones that you guys said in high school had "swag".

Welp, you guys will be happy to have your thugs and deadbeats with "swag" sleeping on your couch all day, eating up your fruit snacks, drinking up your Juicy Juice, and complaining that you didn't upgrade to the Comcast Premium Cable Package........while us MGTOW/MRA guys will take our time, energy, FINANCIAL RESOURCES, wisdom, knowledge and love-making to Foreign Women

Old 02-05-2015, 03:09 PM

12,705 posts, read 9,964,692 times
Quote:
Haha! Don't know what your gender is but either you are a Woman or a Male Feminist most likely. Most MGTOW/MRA guys are killing it in their Careers, making a good amount of money and have great standings in society. IF those aren't "great genes" then I don't know what is.

Hopefully we can get ALL of the decent guys in America to "go their own way" and the only ones left for American Women to pick from will be the thugs and deadbeats, you know the ones that you guys said in high school and in college had "swag".

Welp, you guys will be happy to have your thugs and deadbeats with "swag" sleeping on your couch all day, eating up your fruit snacks, drinking up your Juicy Juice, and complaining that you didn't upgrade to the Comcast Premium Cable Package........while us MGTOW/MRA guys will take our time, energy, FINANCIAL RESOURCES, wisdom, knowledge and love-making to Foreign Women
Be careful...you sound like you're about to become a promoter of eugenics (or dysgenics - I can't tell which)!

Old 02-05-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Be careful...you sound like you're about to become a promoter of eugenics (or dysgenics - I can't tell which)!

He sounds like an irrational person that uses extreme examples to extrapolate to a made up average.

Old 02-05-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
He sounds like an irrational person that uses extreme examples to extrapolate to a made up average.
Lol, how many threads and topics do I have to break down for you that my stances aren't extreme? I have provided countless forms of data, you are just a far left Liberal that refuses to accept the reality OR you are ticked off that the "veil has been broken" and people are waking up OUT of the Matrix.

Old 02-05-2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Lol, how many threads and topics do I have to break down for you that my stances aren't extreme? I have provided countless forms of data, you are just a far left Liberal that refuses to accept the reality OR you are ticked off that the "veil has been broken" and people are waking up OUT of the Matrix.

I'm actual a conservative, vote that way nearly all the time. That's where your bs starts to breakdown but there are many other examples

Old 02-05-2015, 03:50 PM

13,886 posts, read 25,311,688 times
The OP is in Canada. $16.50/hour isn't as much money there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or