Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 09:56 PM

1,784 posts, read 3,459,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by key2success View Post
Yes i will manage it good I hope. What should I invest the remainder 35k into sop that i can have some type of money coming in per month instead of blowing it?
Umm, if you think 35K is going to start providing you with some sort of magic, passive income stream that will somehow make life easier, forget it. At a moderately safe investment, after taxes you're still looking at only $100 a month or less.

Don't look to it for income - look to it as something you shouldn't touch, and only to be used for emergencies outside of your control (that last part being key).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
How about an Education! -- With $35K and a place to live, you may be able to get a 4-year degree! ... even if your grades/situation force you to start at a local Community or Junior college. Given your current situation, this will likely pay you the best rate of return!
Or this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 12:38 AM

932 posts, read 899,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Look. You do not even understand what I told you. You really are young and dumb. When you get arrested or again loose your license or do something else dumb the attorney will again jump in to help you for another portion of the estate.

If you had your head on straight you would simply wait a year and get your inheritance.

So for goodness sake get yourself a conservator. Otherwise there will be no estate when you get there.

I dont think you know what your talking about, if I dont get the loan I will go into into debt and be head over my heals. If i get the loan now I can get my license which will protect me from getting arrested and also i will have a good job and I will be able to pay my bills

Without a license or this loans , things will get much worse

I will not need an attorney again when i get this loan and even if I did in the future I can pay out of pocket for an attorney

Old 02-13-2015, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
^^^this.

OP, your attorney is not loaning you money now because he is a nice guy. He is loaning you money and charging 100% interest because he sees $$$$$ coming from you to him. He knows the probability of you messing up in the near future is pretty high, and he knows you have $40K and a house coming down the pipe, and he knows if you mess up, those buckaroos and house might just become HIS buckaroos and house. Leaving YOU with nada. Zilch. Nothing.

I dont think you or the other person understand. I do not get into trouble. I never really been in rouble except for this one incident.

Me needing an attorney in the future is 0%. IF i do not get this loan me needing him in the future will be very high since I wont be able to pay my fines or get my license back and if i get cuaght driving i will get rearressted

Get the loan, get my license, have him represent me on my current case which is wrapping up. I wont need him anymore and if I did need him i can pay cash

Old 02-13-2015, 02:15 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Are there any other fees being charged by either lawyer for all the work they are doing or will this 'loan' cover all that?

Old 02-13-2015, 06:27 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,769,366 times
Quote:
I dont think you or the other person understand. I do not get into trouble. I never really been in rouble except for this one incident.

Me needing an attorney in the future is 0%. IF i do not get this loan me needing him in the future will be very high since I wont be able to pay my fines or get my license back and if i get cuaght driving i will get rearressted

Get the loan, get my license, have him represent me on my current case which is wrapping up. I wont need him anymore and if I did need him i can pay cash
It had to have been a whopper of an "incident" to have lost your license.

Don't drive now if you don't have a license. Call a cab. Call a friend. Ask a neighbor. Don't drive.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:41 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times
This is very shady. DO NOT DO THIS. Also get your stuff together. You will blow through that money fast as heck at this pace. Where do you live? Who feeds you? Get it together man.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:09 AM

18,548 posts, read 15,586,958 times
Quote:
Yes I do, I checked for a title loan but I will end up in 12 months paying 150% -200% which is the same he is charging me
Could you sell the car and get your license back? A license with no car is not as bad as a car with no license. In the latter case you can't (legally) drive at all, while in the former you at least can rent a car when you need to use one.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:19 AM

18,548 posts, read 15,586,958 times
But even a title loan is better than the attorney's offer, because it can be prepaid once you get a job again. This would let you cut your interest cost down.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:45 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,961 times
How far away is work, is biking impossible, what about a bus system? Unless you live 10+ miles away, and up north where it's snowing, go find a bike at a garage sale for cheap. That will 1. get you to work. 2. give you exercise 3. make you appreciate things more.

If you have exhausted ALL ELSE, then paying $1500 over the course of a year and being able to have a job with an income is better than sitting at home going into more debt cause you can't get anywhere.

Make sure to get the deal with him in writing, which I'm sure you will, but I would HIGHLY suggest posting his "agreement" here or having someone close to you that is smart and you trust, review it. If you want to pm it to me, or I'm sure other members would be willing to review it as well.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Are there any other fees being charged by either lawyer for all the work they are doing or will this 'loan' cover all that?
No other fees. We signed a agreement for the work. It is $600 out the money,this is not doubled just owed. The remainder of the loan money is double after 12 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
This is very shady. DO NOT DO THIS. Also get your stuff together. You will blow through that money fast as heck at this pace. Where do you live? Who feeds you? Get it together man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Could you sell the car and get your license back? A license with no car is not as bad as a car with no license. In the latter case you can't (legally) drive at all, while in the former you at least can rent a car when you need to use one.
Sell my car and get a license? Then what car will I drive to go to work or go to grocery store,appointments and other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
But even a title loan is better than the attorney's offer, because it can be prepaid once you get a job again. This would let you cut your interest cost down.
Title loan will be expensive. i checked already. for $2500 loan or so I will be paying $150-$200 a monthand that is mostly just interest.

Say if I get my inheritance in 12 months I will still be paying close to double

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
How far away is work, is biking impossible, what about a bus system? Unless you live 10+ miles away, and up north where it's snowing, go find a bike at a garage sale for cheap. That will 1. get you to work. 2. give you exercise 3. make you appreciate things more.

If you have exhausted ALL ELSE, then paying $1500 over the course of a year and being able to have a job with an income is better than sitting at home going into more debt cause you can't get anywhere.

Make sure to get the deal with him in writing, which I'm sure you will, but I would HIGHLY suggest posting his "agreement" here or having someone close to you that is smart and you trust, review it. If you want to pm it to me, or I'm sure other members would be willing to review it as well.
I stay in the country.No bike or bus will help me

Thanks I will post it later but the agreement just says promossary note just saying amout owed due when Inheritance is released and ill be taken out of that. its pretty simple and clean cut and short. Like 4 or 5 sentences
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance