Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2015, 06:58 AM

27,265 posts, read 28,333,820 times

Advertisements

You have to first live in a millionaire household. That is the only way to know whether it is impressive or worthy or not.

It is very much an individual thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 07:48 AM

2,885 posts, read 4,622,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotucker99 View Post
Well, when you have posters saying that American Women require guys with $50,000 Net Worths I think it's required that REALITY be discussed rather than diluted fantasy lol.
Maybe the problem is an inability to attract women who know the difference between "diluted" and "deluded". Which might also explain why you're completely missing the poster's point.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:37 AM

1,901 posts, read 1,816,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by synchronicity View Post
Maybe the problem is an inability to attract women who know the difference between "diluted" and "deluded". Which might also explain why you're completely missing the poster's point.
I said what I meant to say, diluted can also mean to make something weaker by adding artificial elements to it. So don't try to play semantics lol.

Nobody would have to bring up American Women/Family Court in a negative fashion if you guys would be fair and balanced with reporting the REALITY of today's situation. It's insane to talk about it's going to be hard to get laid/dates if you don't have a $50,000 Net Worth when there's countless kids running around here with Dead Beat Fathers who don't even have a POSITIVE Net Worth, nevertheless a $50k one.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:51 AM

2,991 posts, read 4,267,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Not every woman is out to get you. Sheesh. The key is that you need to learn to be discerning (as well as be a person who's marriage material on your end). . . . While you certainly shouldn't marry for this reason, most men who get married are actually happier (and healthier) as a result.
Exactly. I couldn't agree more. Marrying my wife was the best thing I ever did in my life. She's wonderful, and I still think so after more than 30 years. Just find the right person.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:59 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,090,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by synchronicity View Post
why do so many "personal finance" threads turn into "Misogynists r' Us" threads? Are there just a whole bunch of insecure men out there who are convinced that Evil Dastardly Women are Coming to Get Them? What the hey?
This thread did take a turn didn't it? I think OP and his money are safe. He is so full of himself and his "accomplishments," that any woman worth her salt will RUN in the opposite direction. If defining one's self, and others,(notice the title of the thread) by ther networth isn't a red flag (and the sign of shallowness), I don't know what is. In his defense, he's only 23 years old.

Last edited by dmills; 02-17-2015 at 10:21 AM..

Old 02-17-2015, 09:00 AM

14,418 posts, read 22,371,597 times
50k isn't even that much money. How many of us wouldn't be able to save 90 % of our income if we didn't have any obligations as far as bills/housing goes. . It's not the reality in most peoples life, unless you are an adult living at home. And even then you should help out financially if you can.
I have a feeling his family is well off otherwise he would be forced to help out financially.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:03 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,279,271 times
Quote:
What in the world lol?? American Women have these high standards for American Men, that they require a certain Net Worth?

- If American Women had such high standards you wouldn't have a SEA of children out here with Dead Beat Fathers, Fathers that they can't even extract more than $5 a week from in child support because the guy doesn't make anything!

- If American Women had such high standards then you wouldn't have the notion that Thugs, Bad Boys and other Losers finish first, while Nice Guys, Nerds, and Educated Guys finish last.

- If American Women had such high standards you wouldn't have all of these 30 plus year old guys LIVING on a chick's couch.

- If American Women had such high standards you would have just about EVERY guy with a degree, a 720 fico, and a damn small business!

American Women have the worse standards in the world, this notion that you need a certain Net Worth to attract a chick is the biggest load of bull_____ I have EVER heard on City Data lol! You don't even need a JOB to impress American Women, all you need is "swag," which is defined as imitating an overpaid Singer/Rapper in attitude but not even making 0.1% of that Singer/Rapper's annual income.
I am not trying to sound elitist or anything, but I think you are meeting the wrong class of women if that is what you observe. I'm a fairly mild mannered guy with a doctorate in one of the nerdiest sciences, my 'swag' daily driver is a 2009 Subaru, when someone mentions 'rap' I think of the cardiac acronym for 'right atrial pressure', and I have never had issues dating. I don't think I have ever met a woman who has had a boyfriend living on her couch.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistry_Guy View Post
I am not trying to sound elitist or anything, but I think you are meeting the wrong class of women if that is what you observe. I'm a fairly mild mannered guy with a doctorate in one of the nerdiest sciences, my 'swag' daily driver is a 2009 Subaru, when someone mentions 'rap' I think of the cardiac acronym for 'right atrial pressure', and I have never had issues dating. I don't think I have ever met a woman who has had a boyfriend living on her couch.
Amusingly enough, one of my friends refers to her boyfriend as "Guy on My Couch".

And...a 2009 Subaru, well aren't YOU fancy! No more buttered scones for you, I'm going to go play the Grahnd Piahno! When *I* met my wife, I didn't even OWN a car. Transit tokens for me, my man! She was impressed by my ability to ride the subway unaided.

(That's actually true, I really didn't own a car when I met my wife. So for a gold digger she wasn't a very good one. Must've been aiming lower. A zincdigger, maybe? [for the record, zinc is currently trading at roughly $1 per pound])

Old 02-17-2015, 09:28 AM

Quote:
I said what I meant to say, diluted can also mean to make something weaker by adding artificial elements to it. So don't try to play semantics lol. .
Good save. Well, not really, but...

Quote:
Nobody would have to bring up American Women/Family Court in a negative fashion if you guys would be fair and balanced with reporting the REALITY of today's situation. It's insane to talk about it's going to be hard to get laid/dates if you don't have a $50,000 Net Worth when there's countless kids running around here with Dead Beat Fathers who don't even have a POSITIVE Net Worth, nevertheless a $50k one.
The point continues to whiz by your head unimpeded.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:35 AM

1,901 posts, read 1,816,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistry_Guy View Post
Typical far left Male Feminist promoting a NAWALT (Not All Women Are Like That) approach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance