Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 08:39 AM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig10x View Post
Cool...I am waiting on my debit card, i figure the checks will be the last item to come...
When you got your debit card, where you able to create a personalized pin number? (the customer service rep told me i would be able to do it when activating the card)...
Yes, the checks were the last thing to come for me. And, yes, I created my pin when calling to activate my card. I was a little bummed that I could only choose a 4 digit pin (my previous debit card had a 12 digit pin, which I felt was more secure!), but then again many people I know have a 4 digit pin and seem to be doing just fine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2015, 02:40 PM

1,139 posts, read 3,465,434 times
Got my login details.

I don't like it that you can't customize your username the first time you login and have to use your SSN. Other banks don't have this issue so Bank5Connect needs to modify it.

Old 03-07-2015, 06:32 PM

238 posts, read 575,932 times
That is only for the first log in...as you noticed, you HAVE to then customize your user id and password, and only the e-mail mentions that is how to log in...it is not mentioned on the website...

Just received my debit card today...i like that you don't have to wait for a random pin to arrive and select your pin during the activation process...It works immediately...i tested it out...Very nice looking card too, i must say

Made a cash withdrawal at a SUM network atm and of course, no surcharge was added...also did a withdrawal at another atm and did get the surcharge added (since it didn't have SUM)...Make sure you do your withdrawals from Checking, so that you will be assured of getting those back...

Now if i can just convince them to join Allpoint

Old 03-08-2015, 09:39 AM

I have an idea...how about all those who visit this thread and have accounts with Bank5 Connect send them a secure e-maile in the online banking suggesting that:

1) They add Allpoint Network to their Sum Network and $15 surcharge rebates, so that the surcharge free atms coverage will be greatly expanded nationwide for their customers 2) That they increase the external transfer limits as they are currently much too low...

I realize we are only a few, but i figure that if they get a number of customers making the suggestions, then perhaps they will consider them more seriously...

Worth a try!

Old 03-09-2015, 06:50 AM

I would rather:

1. Do their website a makeover - currently it's borrowed or licensed from a third party.
2. Match their savings rate with MySavingsDirect(currently 1.05%)

https://www.mysavingsdirect.com/MySa...tWeb/index.jsp

Old 03-09-2015, 07:15 AM

Sounds good, but why not also add in my suggestions too...might as well go for the full monty
I did also suggest that they at the least, round up the rate to 1.0% which would also make the it more attractive to attract new customers and keep old ones...lol

Old 03-10-2015, 08:16 AM

Another BIG caveat:

Incoming and Outgoing transfers initiated at Bank5Connect has a daily limit of $2K and monthly limit of $5K.

I tried to transfer an amount more than $5K and got the below message:

"The transfer amount you have entered exceeds the per transaction limit for Standard Service Type."

So if you want to transfer 50K out from your account using Bank5Connect then it will take you 10 months!

I asked for an exception but was turned down.

Old 03-10-2015, 11:13 AM

I can pull up to $100,000 per day from Bank5 connect to my Chase account...using Chase's transfer system (and they don't charge for inbound or outbound transfers)...I agree their (Bank5) transfer limits for ach is low but there are alternative methods, such as what i just mentioned...Not all online banks have huge ach transfer limits...there are exceptions, but you should be aware of that...

Old 03-10-2015, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig10x View Post
I can pull up to $100,000 per day from Bank5 connect to my Chase account...using Chase's transfer system (and they don't charge for inbound or outbound transfers)...I agree their (Bank5) transfer limits for ach is low but there are alternative methods, such as what i just mentioned...Not all online banks have huge ach transfer limits...there are exceptions, but you should be aware of that...
Well, looks like you have to maintain Chase and Bank5Connect accounts for a long time if you want the ability to transfer bigger amounts.

I was hoping to close most of my accounts and move to Bank5Connect and looks like that's not a wise move.

Last edited by Tampaite; 03-10-2015 at 12:06 PM..

Old 03-10-2015, 04:59 PM

it's always a good idea to have at least 1 local (large bank) account, even if you maintain a small balance in it...for example, if you want to deposit a large check to a teller or an atm (when the amount is too much for a mobile deposit)...Even Chase only allows $2000 a day on mobile deposits and they are a huge bank, obviously...

What i like about Chase is they have a low direct deposit requirement ($500) for a free checking account...and you can just do an ach push to them for that amount and then pull it back a few days later (each month) and that counts with them...meanwhile they have free ach transfers both ways and $100,000 a day on the ach transfers...

I'm using Bank 5 for my day to day activity, atm withdrawals (and mobile deposits) bill pays and keep the majority of my money in the Savings Account...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance