Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 10:14 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,833,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Friends 20%, the rest to a local animal shelter.
I vote for the animal shelter.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 10:54 PM

3,481 posts, read 3,175,739 times
None of my useless relatives or lazy bum friends will get a dime. It's the sole purpose I have gone through the process of obtaining a notarized will. Where it goes won't be known until it's opened. And at that point...will I care? (I'm sure they will - they're licking their chops).

Old 06-29-2015, 04:31 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,224,375 times
I want to start a foundation. I haven't yet decided what I want it to accomplish, but I want it to last forever and keep doing good. I'm thinking maybe it should be dedicated to improving the honesty and competence of Kentucky lawyers, because I've been dismayed at how incredibly incompetent and dishonest they seem to be. I'm thinking my foundation should keep going after the worst lawyers, doing whatever it takes to get them disbarred, and then, when all the worst ones are disbarred, go after the ones that are almost as bad, and keep going in that direction till Kentucky becomes known as the state with the most honest and competent lawyers in the USA. If that doesn't work, maybe I will rise up out of my grave and bite some lawyers.

Old 06-29-2015, 07:28 AM

2,144 posts, read 1,869,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
It's surprising to me how many people intend to leave the preponderance of their fortunes to animal-related causes/charities. Have we given up on humans? .
Exactly what I was thinking while reading this. It's sad, in my opinion, how little people care for their fellow man.

I have a dream/plan to create pocket communities for carefully vetted working poor and perhaps kids aging out of the foster care system. Part of my money when I die will go to continue these.

Old 06-29-2015, 07:41 AM

6,470 posts, read 16,345,351 times
My lil sister! If she kicks it before I do, then one of my young cousins. She is sweet and does really well in school and is all Christian and stuff.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:19 AM

34,882 posts, read 30,997,308 times
It would go to the local chapter of the Republican Party.

Old 06-29-2015, 10:22 AM

21,669 posts, read 12,711,507 times
Be careful about even animal rescue (ASPCA is better than Humane Society of America); research carefully! If I could get my own personal rescue up and running in time (a sort of "old folks home" for senior dogs, incorporating foster hospice), I'd leave it to that. If not, it'll be the ASPCA. Ideally, however, I'll live well and die broke in the end. That's the goal!

Old 06-29-2015, 10:28 AM

1,820 posts, read 1,644,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Ideally, however, I'll live well and die broke in the end. That's the goal!
That's a little like hoping the plane runs out of fuel a little before it reaches the airport. Some risks are involved there.

By the way, it's HSUS and you're another victim of the smear campaign.

Old 06-29-2015, 10:44 AM

1,776 posts, read 1,862,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murk View Post
Exactly what I was thinking while reading this. It's sad, in my opinion, how little people care for their fellow man.

I have a dream/plan to create pocket communities for carefully vetted working poor and perhaps kids aging out of the foster care system. Part of my money when I die will go to continue these.
Who has created the need for all these animal care institutions? Selfish ignorant humans! Now I probably won't give my fortune to humane societies without an equal amount going for advocacies for responsible breeding laws! Check how much your local government pays for animal control through your taxes. It's disgusting when that same money could be spent on children or the elderly but our public servants are too lazy to address this waste and the public is too ignorant to understand responsible breeding.

Old 06-29-2015, 11:13 AM

2,288 posts, read 3,226,557 times
To anyone leaving assets to a child for when they're grown: Do you worry that the sweet child might grow up to be a horrid person? My sister hid the fact her teen son was a criminal from my parents. So with their and her passing, I was forced to give this now grown nephew some of my parents money. I had to send it in care of a PRISON!

My dad would have put a provision in their trust to exclude him, if he'd known. No one wants to think their grandkids will turn to crime, but you never know. If there isn't a way to make sure this doesn't happen, there should be. I'm lucky my boys are grown and awesome members of society, or I'd look for a way to avoid this same scenario.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance