Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2016, 06:20 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,568,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Yeah........

Looks like that was exactly what he said

Old 06-04-2016, 08:15 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,111,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotucker99 View Post
These are good estimates....maybe you can explain to me what the Flying Saucer Chick Squad is saying then? They are saying that they are stay at home mothers, their dude only made $35,000 a year, and on that $35,000 a year he was able to take care of himself, her, and 2 - 3 kids.

Maybe you can explain to me how in the HELL that math works, because I don't see how $35,000 a year takes care of a family of 5, of 4, or 3, or hell....I don't see how $35,000 a year takes care of just himself and HER! What are you eating, roman noodles every night?
That's funny how you just shaved $5K-$25K off your hypothetical family's income. These poor folks are making less and less with each one of your posts!! You're just making numbers up as you go!

Old 06-04-2016, 08:25 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,111,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
You'll never understand or agree because you're living high on the hog right now with no responsibilities to others. You wanted examples, I gave them. I'm not asking your permission.

People better and worse off make it work with kids all the time.
Truth

Old 06-04-2016, 09:45 PM

1,901 posts, read 1,827,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
You'll never understand or agree because you're living high on the hog right now with no responsibilities to others.
I have a lot of responsibilities, just because I chose not to have kids yet doesn't mean I don't have responsibilities. I damn sure wouldn't want my 3 kids to be cramped up in a 3 bedroom small house with 6 animals, NO health insurance, they get to take NO vacations or trips, NO recreation (not even a damn Chucke Cheese outing or family night to see Captain America), and they can't have any damn McDonald's Happy Meals or visit a nice restaurant every now and then, because their low-dollar parents are trying to take care of 5 people and 6 animals with $2,000 a damn month.

I wonder what type of college education fund you are saving for those 3 kids? Oh, you don't have such a fund do you? So we (the tax payers) will have to fund their Pell Grants when they get older.

And for you to get up here bragging about this crap like it's anything intriguing about this is unbelievable. Your kids don't even get to enjoy anything in life.

Plus you got up here and didn't even mention at the beginning how you were living off of the government getting assistance, I'm sure you are getting other types of financial assistance, probably from family members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
That's funny how you just shaved $5K-$25K off your hypothetical family's income. These poor folks are making less and less with each one of your posts!! You're just making numbers up as you go!
How about you pay attention? The conversation shifted to the chick with a $2k household income after taxes ($24,000 a year) with 5 people to feed and 6 animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
When we had 5 children living at home, my wife made a point of writing down our grocery shopping budget. We spent $200 each month on groceries to feed the 7 of us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
My wife was big into coupon clipping.
Now if anybody here wants to believe you feed 2 ADULTS AND 5 KIDS on $200 a damn month without everybody in the house eating roman noodles everyday....beans/rice everyday....or getting significant assistance from the government, then you are as naive as Low Expectations .

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Yeah........
Where in that god damn quote did I say that 98% of Americans were living paycheck to paycheck?

Old 06-04-2016, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagget1234 View Post
I would love ot know how your spending 200 a month feeding your kids.. I bet you eat alot of rice and beans? I am family of 1 child and were lucky enough to not spend 200 a week ,no we dont buy steaks.. Live in austin so our COL is so dam high its stupid..

Houseing 1200
Gas 200
Food 350
light 200
insurance 200
phones 100
child care 200
and these are ruff est as they vary month to month.

Wife and i work and combine income is 45k. No room for any emergencies or lay off time.
Because they are full of it. Your budget and monthly expenses are more REALISTIC, let these fools tell it, they are feeding 5 - 7 people and 6 - 10 animals, on less than $25,000 a year with no government/family/friends financial assistance! And everything is good! They are living the good life!

Based on government metrics, a family of 5 with around $25k a year to play with is the POVERTY LEVEL.

This section of City Data is so FULL of disingenuous people, it's unbelievable.

Last edited by jotucker99; 06-04-2016 at 10:01 PM..

Old 06-04-2016, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Because they are full of it. Your budget and monthly expenses are more REALISTIC, let these fools tell it, they are feeding 5 - 7 people and 6 - 10 animals, on less than $30,000 a year with no government/family/friends financial assistance! And everything is good! They are living the good life!

This section of City Data is so FULL of disingenuous people, it's unbelievable.

Don't walk in front of a mirror you won't like what you see

Old 06-04-2016, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Don't walk in front of a mirror you won't like what you see
Hey buddy, you ought to know (since you GOOGLED ME), I am what I say I am, and I stand by what I say.

You on the other hand can't make up your damn mind if you are in support of poverty level living (having a family of 5 on less than $30k a year) or if you are in support of MathJak's $5 million - $10 million by retirement goal.

Which is it?

What happened to all of these declarations during old discussions about people eating dog food in retirement, etc., here you have a chick with 3 kids, who sits at home all day doing NOTHING, with a husband that only brings in $2,000 a month after taxes.

That's POVERTY LEVEL, which is why the chick's family qualified for FOOD STAMPS. Yet this chick is up here bragging about "budgeting"? She's on a damn PERSONAL FINANCE forum giving advice? And you support this?? You are full of it.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Hey buddy, you ought to know (since you GOOGLED ME), I am what I say I am, and I stand by what I say.

You on the other hand can't make up your damn mind if you are in support of poverty level living (having a family of 5 on less than $30k a year) or if you are in support of MathJak's $5 million - $10 million by retirement goal.

Which is it?

What happened to all of these declarations during old discussions about people eating dog food in retirement, etc., here you have a chick with 3 kids, who sits at home all day doing NOTHING, with a husband that only brings in $2,000 a month after taxes.

That's POVERTY LEVEL. And you support that? You are full of it.

30k a year 20 years ago wasn't poverty level. Keep changing the goal posts.

And you didn't even stand by what you said in this thread. You lied in this thread and you expect me or anyone else to believe you?

Old 06-04-2016, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
30k a year 20 years ago wasn't poverty level.
What are you talking about 20 years ago?? The chick said they are making $2,000 AFTER TAXES RIGHT NOW with 5 people to feed and 6 animals! That's POVERTY!

https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines

Old 06-04-2016, 10:10 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about 30 years ago?? The chick said they are making $2,000 AFTER TAXES RIGHT NOW with 5 people to feed and 6 animals! That's POVERTY!

https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines

I didn't say 30 years ago there you go making up things again. You were also questioning more than one person.

Disingenuous once again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance