Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2016, 10:15 PM

836 posts, read 1,110,310 times

Advertisements

Quite a few years ago I was looking to purchase a car. I filled out a loan application at my bank. I don't recall how long it took for them to respond to me. I found a car I liked and eventually the dealership told me they could give me the same rate as my bank because it was taking so long for them to approve my loan. So I financed through the dealership as they could approve it that day.

I'm in the market to buy a car and I was using the loan calculator on bankrate and saw an advertised interest rate of 1.74%. Since I have excellent credit, I'm sure I would qualify for that rate.

I'm wondering how long it takes to go through the process of getting a loan this way. I'm not sure if the dealership would be able match that interest rate so I wanted to have another option for financing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2016, 05:52 PM

1,585 posts, read 1,915,771 times
The only people who could possibly answer that question is the lender themselves. It could be automatically accepted, automatically declined, or need time to review. Nobody hear knows your full credit picture or what the bank is looking for in characteristics. Give the actual lender, not Bankrate a call.

Just an FYI, make sure you read the fine print on those advertised rates, they are not always as the seem.

Old 08-08-2016, 10:24 AM

836 posts, read 1,110,310 times
Gee, I get that. But, I was wanting experience that anybody had that actually did this. Not just opinions about what might or could happen. I know that the dealership will approve/or disapprove it in a matter of hour(s).

You forget. I stated I have excellent credit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance