Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2016, 10:35 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,629,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
If you NEED enough money to get into a high tax bracket, you NEED to better discern the difference between needs and wants.

"But if you try sometime, you find, you get what you need"
huh? Are you following the thread or did you just pop in and comment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2016, 11:11 AM

37,300 posts, read 61,105,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Ah, so you are alive and well in this thread. Care to answer the question that you were previously asked? Here it is again:
Again, the forms that I shared are for fairly specific circumstances.

To say that it 'can not be done' is not true. It can be done. It is done.

Though within a few specific circumstances.

Again I have filed the forms for co-workers because they chose to do that, and it was my job at the time to help them.

Ask as many times as you wish, I will repeat as often as you desire.

Old 12-08-2016, 12:24 PM

633 posts, read 578,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Head of Household Filing status.

Why? It does not make sense.

He claims his tax plans will help the middle class,but it would hammer single moms and single dads with dependent children the most.It will also raise taxes on grandparents and other relatives with no spouse who are raising their dependent grandchildren or dependent relatives.

For example,under his plan single people with dependents will have to claim single.
The increased child tax credits will help a small minority because after a child is 13 you can no longer claim the Child Tax Credit.

This is a disaster,but unfortunately,nobody will care because most people seem to think single and divorced people(esp women) with children deserve their fate.
every actually been to a poor neighborhood? Used to do housing project xmas party for the poor single Moms who got HoH, subsidized housing, free benefits, food stamps etc. A lot of the baby Mamas father of kids showed up in fancy cars etc and some were even cops and fireman in uniform to get free gifts.

hoH has a lot of scammers

Old 12-08-2016, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBeachBum View Post
every actually been to a poor neighborhood? Used to do housing project xmas party for the poor single Moms who got HoH, subsidized housing, free benefits, food stamps etc. A lot of the baby Mamas father of kids showed up in fancy cars etc and some were even cops and fireman in uniform to get free gifts.

hoH has a lot of scammers
Wow, and they're probably the same people that was screaming "make the rich pay their fair share". I wonder how much all those paid for by the tax payer freebies and subsidies are worth or how much you and I have to work, to get the same amount of money to pay for them..

Old 12-08-2016, 03:16 PM

10,474 posts, read 5,554,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Again, the forms that I shared are for fairly specific circumstances.

To say that it 'can not be done' is not true. It can be done. It is done.

Though within a few specific circumstances.

Again I have filed the forms for co-workers because they chose to do that, and it was my job at the time to help them.

Ask as many times as you wish, I will repeat as often as you desire.
Once again, you refuse to answer a simple question. Not surprising, since the honest and correct answer would negate what you have been saying.

Old 12-09-2016, 03:41 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,789,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
We are getting a bit off topic. The tax increase is on middle class taxpayers with more than three kids. Not people in poverty who can't support their kids. It's not going to break them, but it will result in an angry members of the middle class seeing taxes going up. That's why I think a Republican Congress might kill some of Trump's ideas. They want to get reelected and Republicans raising taxes on the working middle class while cutting taxes on the upper class is gold to Democrats in swing areas. It would be better politically to leave the middle class alone and give a cut (but less of a cut) to upper classes.
Thank you.

Some people think HOH automatically means "unemployed women with children on welfare".

It is middle class HOH parents plus married parents with more than 3 kids.
It is also anyone with disabled family members.

Old 12-09-2016, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yep, I know what you're talking about. The same attitude was shown with Obamacare which is also a disaster for some of us who are forced to pay full ticket monthly premiums. My premiums pre-obamacare was $450 a month, post Obamacare it is now $1,200 a month and I don't qualify for a subsidy. So yea, I know how you feel. We've been called racist, liars, and told to shut up and pay it for daring to complain about it. So after Obamacare I'm out of sympathy.

By the way, The Trump Plan will increase the standard deduction for joint filers to $30,000, from $12,600, and the standard deduction for single filers will be $15,000. So for once the tax code is encouraging marriage.
Goverment should not be encouraging people to stay in bad marriages.

Marriage did NOTHINg for me financially.

Old 12-09-2016, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Goverment should not be encouraging people to stay in bad marriages.

Marriage did NOTHINg for me financially.
Prior to Obamacare my premium was $450 and now it's $1200 a month. For the first time in my life I won't be insured.

Are you self serving and demand Obamacare stay because it benefits you regardless that some of us are being raked over the coals financially. In other words... honey I'm out of sympathy. I'll say it with the same attitude that has been shown to fellow Americans in my position. Stop whining, pay it and shut up... it's the price you have to pay for a civilized society.

Last edited by petch751; 12-09-2016 at 09:22 AM..

Old 12-09-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Prior to Obamacare my premium was $450 and now it's $1200 a month. For the first time in my life I won't be insured.

Are you self serving and demand Obamacare stay because it benefits you regardless that some of us are being raked over the coals financially. In other words... honey I'm out of sympathy. I'll say it with the same attitude that has been shown to fellow Americans in my position. Stop whining, pay it and shut up... it's the price you have to pay for a civilized society.
Nice try,but i receive employer provided health insurance,at $600/mo.

It indirectly benefits me,however.
I am an RN and i have seen the great things Obamacare does;for one,some of my patients can now get the care they need without worrying about caps.

Not sure what Obamacare has to do with HOH filing status?

Old 12-09-2016, 09:08 PM

42,758 posts, read 26,022,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Learn to use a Schedule A, C, D, E, F, R, or any of the forms.
Learn to itemise.
I have used a wide of schedules and forms in my tax filings. Nearly all of them are used to lessen your income tax burden.
If you are earning Minimum-Wage, you make the same that I make.
Oh my goodness..please explain to me how as a minimum wage earner you are able to find enough deductions to benefit you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance