Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2016, 12:06 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yet you skirt around the lie, not one comment about the safety net paid for by the middle class but only available to the poor. Nah, lets not warn them of this.
I'm not skirting anything. I'm pointing out that you are very judgemental of other posters and their situation and yet you too complain when things aren't working out the way you think they should in your personal situation.

Quote:
I sure hope you're not a CPA because if you are and your love of paying taxes....
I pay what I'm obligated to and if rates were raised it wouldn't impact my lifestyle at all. That really has nothing to do with your irrational jabs but more reality. My wife and I earn 200k+ and pay an effective federal rate somewhere between 13-14% iirc

Edit I just rough sketched and my effective rate for 2016 should be in the low 12% range on close to 220k in gross income

Last edited by Lowexpectations; 12-28-2016 at 12:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2016, 02:42 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
I'm not skirting anything. I'm pointing out that you are very judgemental of other posters and their situation and yet you too complain when things aren't working out the way you think they should in your personal situation.

I pay what I'm obligated to and if rates were raised it wouldn't impact my lifestyle at all. That really has nothing to do with your irrational jabs but more reality. My wife and I earn 200k+ and pay an effective federal rate somewhere between 13-14% iirc

Edit I just rough sketched and my effective rate for 2016 should be in the low 12% range on close to 220k in gross income

pffttt 200k with two people working! Should I be impressed? You obviously are very impressed with yourself because I didn't ask you how much you make but I already know because you brag about it on this forum all the time. People with class don't do that. When you can pull 200k PASSIVE income is when you have something to brag about and still you shouldn't brag. Even making less money / passive income and you're financially independent is more impressive than 2 people working to pull your income, until then you and your wife are just cogs in the wheel.

I'm simply pointing out that the middle class pays taxes i.e... pay for the services but if they need help doors are slammed in their faces but people who don't pay into it will get those services. What's so fricken hard to understand... unless of course you have a family member who fits that description then I can understand why you defend people like that?

Last edited by petch751; 12-28-2016 at 02:58 PM..

Old 12-28-2016, 03:38 PM

Quote:
pffttt 200k with two people working! Should I be impressed?
I never suggested you be impressed and I couldn't care less if you were or not

Quote:
You obviously are very impressed with yourself because I didn't ask you how much you make but I already know because you brag about it on this forum all the time. People with class don't do that.
Is it bragging to simple state facts in response to your silly statement/allegation that I like pay taxes? No it's not and without me stating what my gross was the effective rate is meaningless but it did provide and effect counter to the bs you spewed. It's also a pretty good counter to your earlier statement about how over taxes the middle class is

Quote:
When you can pull 200k PASSIVE income is when you have something to brag about and still you shouldn't brag. Even making less money / passive income and you're financially independent is more impressive than 2 people working to pull your income, until then you and your wife are just cogs in the wheel.
Responding to your posts aren't in any fashion bragging. We also are not discussing financial independence or passive income all of which is a distraction you are flinging out there

Quote:
I'm simply pointing out that the middle class pays taxes i.e... pay for the services but if they need help doors are slammed in their faces but people who don't pay into it will get those services. What's so fricken hard to understand... unless of course you have a family member who fits that description then I can understand why you defend people like that?

Again just because I point out that you personally are being very judgemental of other posters while also complaining about your personal situation doesmt mean I have a family member in any implied situation and hence your implication that's why I defend people. What I provide is a counter to your absurd commentary and you simply don't like it.

Old 12-28-2016, 04:14 PM

1,260 posts, read 2,044,404 times
Quote:
pffttt 200k with two people working! Should I be impressed? You obviously are very impressed with yourself because I didn't ask you how much you make but I already know because you brag about it on this forum all the time. People with class don't do that. When you can pull 200k PASSIVE income is when you have something to brag about and still you shouldn't brag. Even making less money / passive income and you're financially independent is more impressive than 2 people working to pull your income, until then you and your wife are just cogs in the wheel.

It's entertaining to read this lengthy exchange, but the original topic was about potentially getting rid of HoH filing status. Your last paragraph here talks about unfairly taxed middle class. Why is it so hard to understand that there middle class widows/widowers and divorced parents and removing HoH will raise taxes on them?

Old 12-28-2016, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioToCO View Post
It's entertaining to read this lengthy exchange, but the original topic was about potentially getting rid of HoH filing status. Your last paragraph here talks about unfairly taxed middle class. Why is it so hard to understand that there middle class widows/widowers and divorced parents and removing HoH will raise taxes on them?

This is a very valid point and one in which petch turned into the judgemental display about divorced women

Old 12-28-2016, 04:22 PM

10,755 posts, read 5,672,124 times
As long as Congress continues using the tax code to reward some behaviors while punishing others, we will always have situations where some are hurt by change while others are helped. People are good at lambasting others they see as benefiting, until it becomes their ox that is getting gored. While I have little confidence that it will ever happen, we really do need some sort of comprehensive tax reform.

Old 12-28-2016, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
This is a very valid point and one in which petch turned into the judgemental display about divorced women
Again, I am promoting that women should never get married or have kids before getting educated and being able to support themselves. No marriage is guaranteed till death do us part. A man should not be looked upon as a meal ticket and if the marriage fails, the tax payer shouldn't be looked at as the meal ticket.

Old 12-28-2016, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioToCO View Post
Liberals defended Obama when he raised taxes on the other guy and this is their answer.... It's the price you pay to live in society. I guess they'll have to pay to live in society too.

Low expectations said that the middle class doesn't pay a lot in taxes. So that would mean there’s not much juice in Trump’s tax plan for middle-income households. Middle class people don’t pay a lot of income taxes individually. They pay a lot of income taxes collectively.

Roughly 20% of all children live in poor households that don’t owe income tax. When the child credit was created, they wanted to limit it to people who owe income tax. It is also geared to professional child care, so Republicans want to extend it to stay-at-home mothers.

Trump would offer an alternative to the credit in the form a nonrefundable above-the-line deduction for up to $5000 of child care expenses, and a capped child care rebate for EITC households that don’t owe tax. The deduction would be capped by state for the average cost of care. There would be relatively high income limits and phase-outs for the deduction as well. Trump’s proposed elimination of head-of-household filing status and personal exemptions could erode the benefit of the child care deductions.

As stated before, if you have lots of kids you won't be subsidized as much by the tax payer.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/leeshepp.../#22096ba41110

Last edited by petch751; 12-28-2016 at 09:23 PM..

Old 12-28-2016, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Again, I am promoting that women should never get married or have kids before getting educated and being able to support themselves
Which is overly simplistic and ignoring reality. Let's also not bring up the fact that what you are suggesting isn't what's being discussed. Despite your prejudgment all the best intentions and planning can be foiled by a partner.

Quote:
. No marriage is guaranteed till death do us part.
Oh wait what? I actually think that's the actual commitment, typcially but never mind that your suggestion that a women should plan better such as the mom or mil in your life? See how your opinion actually cuts back into your own experiance? If not that's actually sad

Quote:
A man should not be looked upon as a meal ticket and if the marriage fails, the tax payer shouldn't be looked at as the meal ticket.
What does a man being a meal ticket have to do with a single mom losing head of household status? It could be a single dad too but your absurd point of view creates such a vial view of those who get benefits mostly because you and your family don't get them.

Somehow you blow your top about the tax burden on the middle class but if you subdivide that to single moms is becomes a vomiting scenario for you to face

Old 12-28-2016, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Liberals defended Obama when he raised taxes on the other guy and this is their answer.... It's the price you pay to live in society. I guess they'll have to pay to live in society too.
You may gain some shread of credibility if you could address issues without throwing political trash into places where is provides no value to the discussion. You are throwing this out against simply because the rules work against your personal situation. There is a cost associated with a modern society and you don't have to be a liberal to see that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance