Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 05:56 PM

289 posts, read 219,928 times

Advertisements

I'm with Wells Fargo and Chase.

People still use ATMs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2017, 06:21 PM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times
I use a small bank that only has two locations in the entire county but I was one of their first 100 customers when they first came to this area around 10 years ago and they have been good to me. I rarely go into the actual bank as I pay all my bills online and my paycheck and pension is direct deposited. If I need cash I go to the ATM at Publix where I don't get charged or just get cash back.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:41 PM

401 posts, read 426,643 times
We use CitiBank 2% cash back CC for EVERYTHING no need for cash or ATM. But if we need cash for the rare occasions they do not take the CC we use Ally Bank with access to many free ATM's. Have a local bank for a safe deposit box. Direct deposit into Ally, most bills are electronic to Ally or Citi card. In the past 2 years we have been in a bank 2 times, once to set up the safe deposit box and once to put stuff into the box.

Old 04-05-2017, 07:21 PM

3,529 posts, read 3,731,599 times
I'm still with my local bank that has only a handful of branches. I have lived anywhere from 50 miles in the surrounding area, but stuck with this bank as I do online banking. For a long while, I was using debit exclusively so that I could get a paper trail, or e-trail, for my personal auditing purposes. Later I ended up getting a credit card that was offered by the same bank that owns my brokerage firm, whereby I get 1.5% cash back on all eligible purchases. This bank links the credit card directly to the brokerage account as part of their cash rewards program, so all my cash back rewards go there; the rewards are tax-free.

I could switch my checking and savings over to the bank that issued the credit card, but they don't have local branches in my area, and I haven't been that inconvenienced with the local bank I'm still using.

ATMs: Rarely if ever use them, so if I do have to use another bank's ATM, the fee isn't that big of a deal (maybe a few times ever every couple of years or whatever).

Old 04-05-2017, 07:45 PM

17,709 posts, read 29,812,481 times
Credit union.
Never use ATM.
Only get $20 every 6 weeks at the supermarket as my barber shop requires cash.
Use plastic/Apple Pay for everything else.

Old 04-05-2017, 08:50 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,253,631 times
Fidelity since the reimburse atm fees and Wells Fargo is also good because they have ATM's just about everywhere we go within the US as well as credit unions for higher interest. My suggestion would be to have accounts where you get the most interest and also a bank that has atm's all over where you live and travel or just use Fidelity, then link them all online for free online transfers to each other and try to think ahead whenever possible.

I use my Fidelity Visa credit cards for just about everything and have all our bills on autopay, so rarely need to use an atm for cash except when we are in the Philippines, then cash is king and the only thing they take in smaller places but the big places take my Fidelity Visa, so I make 1% on all purchase since Fidelity charges 1% for foreign transactions and the card pays 2%. Cap One cc also is free to use overseas, as for paying them, they are linked to our accounts, so paid online, why use much cash in today's world.

Old 04-09-2017, 09:22 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,748,248 times
I;m with Beneficial Bank and considering getting a new bank since they only have 2 ATM's near where I live. I also have a online savings account and working opening up another one before the summer.

Old 04-09-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayguy01 View Post
I'm with Wells Fargo and Chase.

People still use ATMs?

Just curious how do you get your cash? Do you just do cash back instead of the ATM?

Old 04-09-2017, 12:57 PM

289 posts, read 219,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Just curious how do you get your cash? Do you just do cash back instead of the ATM?
To be honest, there is almost nowhere I go where I need cash. Save for a trip or two to Vegas each year I don't even carry it around with me.

Old 04-09-2017, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayguy01 View Post
To be honest, there is almost nowhere I go where I need cash. Save for a trip or two to Vegas each year I don't even carry it around with me.
Certain stores I work near have a .50 processing fee to use my credit card and I like to have cash when I go in those types of stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance