Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 08:20 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp501 View Post
I'm sorry but I have zero sympothy for people who make minimum wage and complain its not a livable wage.. yea No S#!T.. That's like saying its unfair you cant win the tour de france on your tricycle.

Go on craigslist and buy an item for $5, or go to your local auction house, or garage sale. Then sell that item on ebay for a ton more.. I've personally purchased a car stereo for $7 at an auction I sold a week later for $300 just cause I was there looking for furniture for my house. A friend of mine purchased a guitar with a case for $15 at a garage sale he sold for $200 on ebay. Another friend of mine purchased a used part for a boat on ebay for $100 in the winter, it was the wrong part so he relisted it in spring and it sold for $250.

People are too lazy to even try to better their own lives. Get up early on saturdays and sundays, even if you're single with 2 kids. Go to garage sales with $15. Turn it into $75 selling on ebay. Thats like working a full day at minimum wage. Then take $50 of your profit and do it again next week and turn it into $200. Then take your $200 and turn it into $600. There you go.. You're now making $600 a week cash which is like making $45,000 a year on the books and you're only physically working 2 days a week on the weekends and spending the rest of the time at home listing product online.. Don't have a computer? Shut up and get to the library to use it for free.

Open an LLC and start selling your product legitimately, put together a real resume and maybe you'll land a job making $55,000 a year because of your entrepreneurial experience..

but nooooo.... its much easier to just do the same mindless bs job that literally anyone including those with special needs or zero prior work experience can do. Then just yell at the government that they aren't doing enough for you and should demand that the guy that actually took the risks, and worked hard to start his own business should have to take a big chunk out of his salary just to pay your lazy a$$ cause you can't figure out a way to help yourself...

Rant over...

I bought something cheap on eBay - from a liquidator who didn't know what he had, described it poorly, and listed it in the wrong category - but I can't sell it profitably on eBay because I'm renting (ranting?) from someone who did something bad which makes it impossible for me to sell it profitably as long as I live under the roof he does not own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2017, 11:32 AM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
I bought something cheap on eBay - from a liquidator who didn't know what he had, described it poorly, and listed it in the wrong category - but I can't sell it profitably on eBay because I'm renting (ranting?) from someone who did something bad which makes it impossible for me to sell it profitably as long as I live under the roof he does not own.
You are allowed to move at any time. No laws prohibit that.

Old 07-08-2017, 01:45 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
You are allowed to move at any time. No laws prohibit that.

Um, are you aware that there is a non-zero cost to moving? Are you also aware that it is more expensive to move from A into B than it is to continue paying rent at A? Are you aware that some people have enough money to continue paying rent at A but do not have enough money to move from A into B? Because the cost of moving into a place is greater than just the monthly rent.

Old 07-08-2017, 02:00 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Um, are you aware that there is a non-zero cost to moving? Are you also aware that it is more expensive to move from A into B than it is to continue paying rent at A? Are you aware that some people have enough money to continue paying rent at A but do not have enough money to move from A into B? Because the cost of moving into a place is greater than just the monthly rent.
I am aware of that. So if it is worth it, get a 2nd W2 job, save to move, and do so

If not enjoy your dysfunctional 10 person household.

You are free to pick either option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance