Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 05:45 AM

88,288 posts, read 84,276,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rya96797 View Post
bake
[beyk]
Spell Syllables
Examples Word Origin
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
verb (used with object), baked, baking.
to cook by dry heat in an oven or on heated metal or stones.
to harden by heat:
to bake pottery in a kiln.
to dry by, or subject to heat:
The sun baked the land.
verb (used without object), baked, baking.
to bake bread, a casserole, etc.
to become baked:
The cake will bake in about half an hour.
to be subjected to heat:
The lizard baked on the hot rocks.
noun
a social occasion at which the chief food is baked.
Scot. cracker (def 1).
Verb phrases
bake in /into,
Computers. to incorporate (a feature) as part of a system or piece of software or hardware while it is still in development: The location-tracking service is baked in the new app.
Security features come baked into the operating system.
to include as an inseparable or permanent part:
Baked into the price of the product is the cost of advertising.
Lol, I think you missed mhays' point. I thought it was a riot.

Um...she eats the cookie dough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 12:55 PM

2,095 posts, read 1,547,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Lol, I think you missed mhays' point. I thought it was a riot.

Um...she eats the cookie dough.
oh. That TOTALLY went over my head. Probably because I don't know many people that eat raw cookie dough. I'm asking this out of genuine curiousity, is there any health risk associated with eating the dough? Off the top of my head, there's usually raw eggs in it?

Old 08-07-2017, 10:08 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,415,483 times
Quote:
oh. That TOTALLY went over my head. Probably because I don't know many people that eat raw cookie dough. I'm asking this out of genuine curiousity, is there any health risk associated with eating the dough? Off the top of my head, there's usually raw eggs in it?
Edible cookie dough is the new food trend for 2017. It has displaced nitrogen ice cream. I even found a couple sizes of a brand of edible cookie dough at Kroger. No need to visit a restaurant on this trend, but they charge a lot of money at the grocery store for the ready-made stuff. Might have to find recipes online to indulge in it cheaply since it's a simple recipe with a few ingredients.

The lack of egg makes it suitable for eating but not for baking. There is a warning label for that in the ready-made stuff in the refrigerated section.

Old 08-09-2017, 05:44 AM

Quote:
The poster after you had some info I didn't know. Had no clue about this trend. However, I am 59. We snitched raw cookie dough and ate cake batter as kids--and adults. Never in all these years have I known a person who actually got sick. Technically, yes, it is possible, but in reality, it doesn't happen.

Old 08-10-2017, 12:53 PM

37,768 posts, read 40,897,492 times
I mostly get take out for dinner because I think staying in a restaurant to eat it is a waste of time, nothing to do with money. I'm single. I did it when I was working. I still do it as a retiree. I'm a pretty boring person. I don't drink. I don't take expensive vacations. I have zero debt/no loans/pay off my credit card every month. I live in cheap play clothes. I don't wear jewelry. Except for my cameras, I don't have expensive toys, and it doesn't cost me anything to actually do my photography hobby except for gas for the car. This is how I choose to spend my money and I'm doing fine.

Old 08-10-2017, 01:08 PM

894 posts, read 584,884 times
Quote:
I like raw cookie dough once in awhile. It's even tastier than the actual cookies. Yep, there's raw eggs in it but I try not to think about it.

Kinda like when my mom used to let us lick the bowl when she was baking: the batter was yummy but if you remember you're licking raw eggs, you don't like it as much. Lol.

Old 08-10-2017, 01:12 PM

894 posts, read 584,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Edible cookie dough is the new food trend for 2017. It has displaced nitrogen ice cream. I even found a couple sizes of a brand of edible cookie dough at Kroger.
Doesn't seem the same. I like actual cookie dough. Maybe part of the fun is knowing I'm sneaking a taste and shouldn't. If they make the dough specifically for me to eat, where's the fun in that?

Ok, maybe I'm just crazy.

Old 08-10-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckWife518 View Post
Doesn't seem the same. I like actual cookie dough. Maybe part of the fun is knowing I'm sneaking a taste and shouldn't. If they make the dough specifically for me to eat, where's the fun in that?

Ok, maybe I'm just crazy.
I remember asking my mother if she could just make some cake batter that I could eat in a bowl. She never did. Laughed, actually.

Old 08-15-2017, 09:11 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,725,855 times
I only eat out on Fridays and my cap is no more than $10.00 for my meal. I want to cut down on the eating out this coming fall once football starts because I had a habit of ordering food atleast three sundays out of the month. This fall it will only be once a month to cut down on all the unnecessary spending on food on sundays.

Old 08-15-2017, 10:33 PM

8,811 posts, read 6,766,975 times
Raw eggs are bad? Better stop eating them over-easy. It's kind of like being concerned by raw steak but ordering it rare...it's still raw in the middle folks, just warmer.

Dough is awesome in nearly all forms. Especially the sugary kind. My only advice is to not do it very often, and try to not gorge on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance