Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 11:19 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lu58 View Post
I'm new here and just wondering if anyone out there has had a judgement against them? I went to court this am, and had no attorney, I have no job ( for five years) I have nothing, no property,no nothing,. I still lost. I am just about homeless, but someone took me in., but the judge didn't seem to care. The collection agency won. Now what? I live in ohio, if i ever find a job, how much will they take? I really doubt that I will ever work again, but need to know what will happen now? Thank you
In your case all they have is a judgement. You'll have to look at your stae laws to see what they can attach. In most cases like your it more a matter of not being able to get blood from a turnip;if you know thew saying/ No offense intended. Judgement noramolly onlyt work with peole who have assets and you sem to have none.Don't take offnse at the judge ;he lonly rules as to the points of law and you do owe money is what he said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 09:40 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,423,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Yep, here we go again. Find a way to get out of paying bills you ran up. Ignore the bills until the company sends it to a collection company. Wait for the collection company to make some technical error, then use that to make them responisble for your spending habits. Don't actually attempt to pay for the stuff you bought. Don't make good on the agreement you signed to pay the credit card company for they stuff they bought for you. Don't try to make arrangements to pay the bills when & under conditions that you can manage. No no, ignore them, pretend you don't see them, make them spend time & money on persuing it, then only respond if you get to court, or if they miss a comma in a document, and even then only to see if you can use it agaisnt them to somehow avoid paying your bills. Hope that they'll be so busy chasing people that owe them more than you owe them that they won't have the time or inclination to bother with your piddly debt.
Is this the new American Way? What the hell happened to personal responsibility, paying your debts, and doing unto others as you would have others do unto you?
Too many scumbags out here with no shame.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:50 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,423,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lu58 View Post
I'm new here and just wondering if anyone out there has had a judgement against them? I went to court this am, and had no attorney, I have no job ( for five years) I have nothing, no property,no nothing,. I still lost. I am just about homeless, but someone took me in., but the judge didn't seem to care. The collection agency won. Now what? I live in ohio, if i ever find a job, how much will they take? I really doubt that I will ever work again, but need to know what will happen now? Thank you
Were you in construction? Anyway, since you have no money you may qualify for free legal aide. FREE Legal Aid Ohio STATE

Maybe you'll be able to find someone to answer your questions.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:53 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Maybe the feds should bail these people out like they do others.In the end all he has to do is file bankrupsy like businesses do.Happens everyday in business.I mean lets get real;charging the interest that credit card companies do they know quite well that many of their chosen customers aren't goihg to pay. It is a high risk business as far as that goes.Its kind of like feeling sorry for the no document loan takers out there.Collection agencies take the risk when they take these debits at pennies on the dollar and often times break the law in trying to collect.

Old 12-01-2008, 10:33 PM

312 posts, read 860,889 times
no kidding
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance