Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2017, 09:41 AM

106,673 posts, read 108,833,673 times

Advertisements

keep in mind you can get an extra 10,000 points if you take the sapphire reserve card and open a chase private client account . those extra 10,000 points also are increased 50% for travel through chase.

all we did is transfer an index etf to jpm/chase and it qualified for that status . we opened a small checking account to . there are no charges at all to us for them to baby sit the shares ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 09:47 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
keep in mind you can get an extra 10,000 points if you take the sapphire reserve card and open a chase private client account . those extra 10,000 points also are increased 50% for travel through chase.

all we did is transfer an index etf to jpm/chase and it qualified for that status . we opened a small checking account to . there are no charges at all to us for them to baby sit the shares ..
how are their online tools for a brokerage type account? (especially compared to fidelity since thats what i would be comparing to)

Old 10-12-2017, 09:50 AM

no comparison at all to fidelity's website , which is tops . i poked around but i have no real use for jpm other than baby sit my shares . i use fidelity for everything . i took the bit of money (about 10% ) from vanguard because i think they stink in customer service and transferred it with no tax consequences to jpm .

they can baby sit my index etf just the same and i get some benefits and perks with the chase private client account .

Old 10-12-2017, 12:58 PM

4,663 posts, read 4,549,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
no comparison at all to fidelity's website , which is tops . i poked around but i have no real use for jpm other than baby sit my shares . i use fidelity for everything . i took the bit of money (about 10% ) from vanguard because i think they stink in customer service and transferred it with no tax consequences to jpm .

they can baby sit my index etf just the same and i get some benefits and perks with the chase private client account .
Did you add any cushion in case the market drops, or will you just transfer more if the value drops below $250k?

Old 10-12-2017, 01:20 PM

i have a cushion in the shares , i also maintain a checking account and savings account since we got a few hundred for doing that initially . but the 250k only applies to the initial amount and they do not count market action effecting it only withdrawals .

Old 10-12-2017, 01:29 PM

i am paying a $450 annual fee for my united club. one of the benefits is a 1.5 point per dollar spent instead of a 1 point per dollar with the united explorer. i realize that getting the zero annual fee chase freedom unlimited completely eliminates that benefit and more by offering 1.5 points per dollar spent (that i can transfer to united if i wanted to). so equal pointage + more flexibility and possibly more value via the chase ultimate portal.

on my way home today ill call jpmorgan to see if i can get the united club membership with the card. it seems like they will carry it over for palladium holders but maybe not for new jpmorgan reserve holders. we will see.

then i would still have to decide if the premier status and 4 free bags is worth keeping it. i do enjoy those benefits the few times i have the opportunity to utilize them.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:53 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i am paying a $450 annual fee for my united club. one of the benefits is a 1.5 point per dollar spent instead of a 1 point per dollar with the united explorer. i realize that getting the zero annual fee chase freedom unlimited completely eliminates that benefit and more by offering 1.5 points per dollar spent (that i can transfer to united if i wanted to). so equal pointage + more flexibility and possibly more value via the chase ultimate portal.

on my way home today ill call jpmorgan to see if i can get the united club membership with the card. it seems like they will carry it over for palladium holders but maybe not for new jpmorgan reserve holders. we will see.

then i would still have to decide if the premier status and 4 free bags is worth keeping it. i do enjoy those benefits the few times i have the opportunity to utilize them.
I don't think you will have much luck getting the United club covered with another chase card since they have a premium card that covers that exact thing

Old 10-12-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
I don't think you will have much luck getting the United club covered with another chase card since they have a premium card that covers that exact thing
this one was a success. she said that she could also give me the united club membership with the jpmorgan reserve card. now i have to decide if the premier access and 4 free bags is worth it. i do very much like having those benefits when traveling. you can pay for premier access but one or two times for the family and its more than the cost of the card's annual fee.

Old 10-12-2017, 05:38 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,652,717 times
I am in awe of the planning and strategic thinking this takes.

Is it really worth it?

I would need to hire someone to do this for me. It seems very time consuming.

Old 10-12-2017, 05:40 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times
It's really not time consuming once you get past the initial educating yourself process. You also I think have to find some fun in finding the best deals or ways to earn/use points
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance