Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 05:32 PM

233 posts, read 189,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
So my Plenti Card that I use at Rite Aid will be over too you think?
I think Rite Aid and Macys is still accepting them for now. But the loss of AMEX as a co-branded card and several partners (Nationwide, Enterprise, Alamo, Hulu, Direct Energy) does signal trouble for the program.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2017, 10:06 AM

1,264 posts, read 1,411,375 times
Plenti was a losing venture from the beginning. It's not surprising to see its demise happening so quickly.

See if you can convert your Plenti Amex into an Amex Blue Cash or Everyday card. That would be the best use of your spend without getting into annual fee cards.

Old 12-10-2017, 11:09 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Somehow I knew this would fail the first time Rite Aid tried to push it on me.

Not surprised to see the card going away. I give the entire program six months before the next half-baked rewards program comes out.

Old 12-10-2017, 11:20 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,704,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Somehow I knew this would fail the first time Rite Aid tried to push it on me.

Not surprised to see the card going away. I give the entire program six months before the next half-baked rewards program comes out.
The cashier are kind of aggressive in getting you to sign up for the Plenti Card. lol

Old 12-11-2017, 09:20 AM

9,784 posts, read 7,041,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
my fidelity amex card was cancelled when they broke ties with amex .
I still have one and use it a couple of times a year just to keep it active.

Old 12-11-2017, 09:21 AM

9,784 posts, read 7,041,734 times
Here's a link with info regarding the discontinuation and closing of AMEX Plenti cards:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amex-...february-2018/

Old 12-14-2017, 12:17 PM

3,183 posts, read 2,377,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
So you called Amex when you got the cancelation notice but you didn't inquire as to why you got the notice or why the account was being cancelled? I find this more fascinating than the account getting cancelled

The type of card itself is being canceled, not just his account. What is odd of American Express is that they aren't automatically offering transfer to a different American Express card without having to apply like other companies do. After all they approved you for that card, why not a similar card? What a way to lose customers. If you make them have to go online to apply for another card, how many are going to go elsewhere?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance