Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 10:27 AM

8,736 posts, read 8,662,779 times

Advertisements

It's hard to convey the quality of an individual or a relationship in words to strangers, but I think a few of you are taking this to places that I whole-heartedly feel are implausible.

The last thing this man would ever do is steal from his children.

One other detail: the financial advisor/broker

My husband never separated her from the account. Her name is still listed on the statements.

I don't know the implications of this, but in the least I think it adds another possible scenario that has yet to be considered here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2018, 10:29 AM
ptt

497 posts, read 636,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
It's hard to convey the quality of an individual or a relationship in words to strangers, but I think a few of you are taking this to places that I whole-heartedly feel are implausible.

My husband never separated her from the account. Her name is still listed on the statements.

I don't know the implications of this, but in the least I think it adds another possible scenario that has yet to be considered here.
It might be just a little bug in the system. Don’t worry. You will sort it out.

Old 01-07-2018, 11:11 AM

10,345 posts, read 8,557,056 times
Quote:
Why wouldn't they? Are you saying that most people who post in these forums, especially a finance forum, don't have online accounts of any sort? That nobody here has ever experienced something unusual or incomprehensible with their online accounts?

What I do know is that you and a few others would never help me, but there are others that do.
Please post what you find, curiosity has the best of me here.

Old 01-07-2018, 11:17 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,354,470 times
Quote:

Please let me clarify that I did not mean to imply that your husband stole from your children. I was thinking more along the lines of him having set something in motion last year that required further action and forgetting to follow up. Checking the account and seeing the zero balance triggered his memory, and his first thought was, "Oh ****, oh ****, oh ****!"

Old 01-07-2018, 11:21 AM

3,532 posts, read 3,017,652 times
Wouldn't there be quarterly statements online that you can research?

Old 01-07-2018, 11:24 AM

5 posts, read 3,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
Well please keep posting because this stuff is finally starting to get good!
Seriously. This chick has hilarious posts. She would fit right in with all the kept women down here in OC.

Old 01-07-2018, 11:42 AM

462 posts, read 1,210,029 times
Possible you received checks in the mail back in July for the value since you intended to put money in another plan? Any unopened mail laying around you thought was junk mail? Maybe you weren't expecting checks...wires crossed with broker...and checks were sent.

Old 01-07-2018, 11:55 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
BTW: Wheelsup... I've added you to my ignore list. You have the honor of being my first (but not the last!). Congratulations on this achievement.

Just wanted you to know so you no longer feel as though you need to waste any more time responding to my posts.
You assume Wheelsup only responds to bug you...and not for the edification and possible enjoyment of the rest of the forum - rookie mistake.

Old 01-07-2018, 12:37 PM

Hey Reneeh63: You also made my ignore list.

Old 01-07-2018, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
Wouldn't there be quarterly statements online that you can research?
Yes, it's through the quarterly statement and an end of year statement that we saw the transaction. There aren't any other details to follow. We will have to wait until tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance