Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 04:17 PM

37,462 posts, read 61,388,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsb9494 View Post
My husband and I both have credit in the 730's. Husbands base salary is about 48k a year (he's hourly though). Part of his job requirement is to work overtime. I'm not sure exactly how much he made in 2017 but I do know he made 10k in overtime in the last 4 months of the year. This will continue, however, he has only been in this new position since August. We want to apply for a mortgage in June-ish, so I doubt that they will count his overtime even though he can get a letter from his employer Our monthly debt is only 275 dollars. We are saving up at least 3.5 percent for the downpayment but my father also insists on helping us (bless his heart) (we would like to do FHA) I'm not working right now; however, I am looking for a new job though. I am just not sure what I want to do with my career. So even if I started a new job soon (which I'm trying)....I've been told they won't count my income
My Dw and I were both 24 when we bought our first property. There is nothing 'wrong' with buying at that age.

I would not buy in any market where prices were very volatile. I would be concerned that prices might drop just as quickly.

Home ownership is a good part of building Net Worth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance