Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 12:20 PM

106,557 posts, read 108,696,306 times

Advertisements

The demand for people and training has been so great that i am retired almost 3 years and have been doing this training gig from day 1 of retirement . I could easily do more days but i don't want to work more than the 1 day .

The company is still hiring too. Been hiring for almost a decade straight . Mostly sales people are needed . Inside and outside .

If you are in the industry and have a following you can do very well. If you have a degree in electrical engineering and can sell you can do well. Many in sales don't have degrees and all learned on the job.

So the factory automation field has lots of potential. I believe they are hiring for long island , ct,new jersey and the finger lake region near syracuse ny . Ohio is pump sales .
You can d/m me if you think you qualify and want to send them a resume i have nothing to do with hiring
Or the daily business anymore .i just train

Last edited by mathjak107; 02-19-2018 at 01:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2018, 12:27 PM

8,712 posts, read 6,750,398 times
Spot demand, regional demand, national demand, total demand (for workers). These are not the same things.

We (especially through the media) tend to regard a localized boom - Alaska, North Dakota, even longer term growth like San Jose and Denver - as somehow representative of the overall economy or added jobs. The first is rarely true, and the second only with qualifications.

The only numbers that make sense in a discussion about any general situation are national, aggregate, seasonally adjusted job totals against major economic indicators (e.g., a big drop in jobs coincident with a recession does not mean the return of those jobs a year or two later counts for much). And I think that trend, stripped of the masking effects, shows a long-term continual decline of living-wage jobs.

Also, especially in this era of "McJobs," there has to be a factor for job quality - security, benefits, compensation relative to living expenses etc. Fifty part-time minimum-wage jobs don't equal fifty career jobs. And if you adjust for that, the curve is even more pronounced.

Old 02-19-2018, 12:50 PM

The only numbers that mean a thing are the numbers that keep us each employeed in our area and earning a decent living

Old 02-19-2018, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
The only numbers that mean a thing are the numbers that keep us each employeed in our area and earning a decent living
Juror #107 is thanked and excused.

Either we're talking about individual circumstances, or we're talking about the full scope of the issue. I wasn't talking about your job. Nor is the OP asking for individual stories or solutions.

Unfortunately, all of these discussions tend to devolve to a series of semi-trolls who say that all employment problems are the fault of the individual; since they succeeded, anyone else should be able to as well. Only lazy and stupid people fail, etc. blah-blah ad nauseum ad infinitum. (Too bad if you're the best damn ingot roller in Western PA - you must be stupid and/or lazy if you're still on unemployment...)

Old 02-19-2018, 01:29 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,150,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
I just saw an amazing video produced by the WSJ on robotics in the clothing industry replacing upwards of 60 million garment workers in Bangladesh.
You, like many others, operate on the false assumption that if technology is created, then it must be purchased and utilized.

That is far from reality.

Many foreign States, especially those with State-owned Enterprises, are not going to be automating anytime soon.

Old 02-19-2018, 01:29 PM

You can discuss all the national numbers and generality you want but like real estate at the end of the day all that matters is your local market .

It could be good ,it could be bad but if you ain't bringing in a pay check or earning enough, who really cares what is happening 2000 miles away. You care about what things mean to you and how they effect your life .

It may be a concern about national numbers on various things but it is you that counts in the end

Last edited by mathjak107; 02-19-2018 at 01:38 PM..

Old 02-19-2018, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
You, like many others, operate on the false assumption that if technology is created, then it must be purchased and utilized.

Many foreign States, especially those with State-owned Enterprises, are not going to be automating anytime soon.
We just got back from cuba . Talk about a lack of technology . Production of just about anything is pretty primitive

Old 02-19-2018, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

Sure. The ability to increase production and slash costs will be overlooked in the name of comradeship and deep concern for their laboring classes.

Old 02-19-2018, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
You can discuss all the national numbers and generality you want but like real estate at the end of the day all that matters is your local market .

It could be good ,it could be bad but if you ain't bringing in a pay check or earning enough, who really cares what is happening 2000 miles away. You care about what things mean to you and how they effect your life .

It may be a concern about national numbers on various things but it is you that counts in the end
Okay. You've made your point. So what are you doing in one discussion after another that's about the bigger picture?

I can probably make a list of fifty things, as fast as I could type it, that would deeply affect your comfy little pocket job from much further away than 2000 miles. If you can't, or don't believe in such a list, or just don't care 'cuz you gots yer paycheck... fine. But arguing that national and trans-national issues and trends aren't of any concern as long as each of us gots his... well, you're really just wasting bandwidth here.

And have a hell of a lot of time to post for someone who's so wonderfully employed...

Old 02-19-2018, 01:58 PM

We can all dream up doomsday visions for anything we like . The fact is life goes on and the stuff we thik of never happens.

Wonderfully employed ?

If you bother to read my posts i am retired for years. I just like doing training 1 day when we are not traveling .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance