Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 07:08 PM

19,925 posts, read 8,831,642 times

Advertisements

they'll just run a credit check, this isn't like a security clearance investigation. So many people have bad credit these days an average rating is fine unless he has collection agencies after him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2018, 08:08 AM

710 posts, read 547,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI-Roger View Post
Same where I work, plus psychological profile testing. Poor credit is seen as a risk indicator for a person who may fall prey to divulging information or granting access in exchange for cash.

A friend of our youngest son received a job offer at the NSA but was rejected during background check because of a then recent bankruptcy by his parents.
That is just dumb! He has this job baring nothing coming back from the background check. Nothing on his parents end should stop him. He graduated from trade school, he had an associate in applied science but never could find anything with it. He likes working with his hands so he went back and now has a certificate in maintenance. It has taken him 6 months to find a job. Excited for this opportunity

Old 03-03-2018, 08:46 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,265,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitak1982 View Post
That is just dumb! He has this job baring nothing coming back from the background check. Nothing on his parents end should stop him. He graduated from trade school, he had an associate in applied science but never could find anything with it. He likes working with his hands so he went back and now has a certificate in maintenance. It has taken him 6 months to find a job. Excited for this opportunity
OP, has he been offered the job, but it's pending the background check?

Old 03-03-2018, 08:57 AM

710 posts, read 547,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNashua View Post
OP, has he been offered the job, but it's pending the background check?
Yesterday when he turned in all the required papers they needed. He also was given a stack of things he would need to fill out should he be an employee and told he has the job. He was sent for a drug screen as well. The man he was talking to sent him to get his badge but the HR lady rolled her eyes and said not sure why they sent you here, you can't have the badge just yet since the background screening isn't back.

Wonder how long it is till that comes back.

Old 03-03-2018, 02:40 PM

1,899 posts, read 3,936,447 times
I filled out an application for one of the alphabet soup agencies and was in their hiring process for almost two years. They asked me what my wife's grandparents' social security numbers were, among other things. If I remember right, the application was around 40 pages. They called everrrrrybody.

For a postal service related gig, I would expect a credit check.

Old 03-03-2018, 03:24 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,265,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitak1982 View Post
Yesterday when he turned in all the required papers they needed. He also was given a stack of things he would need to fill out should he be an employee and told he has the job. He was sent for a drug screen as well. The man he was talking to sent him to get his badge but the HR lady rolled her eyes and said not sure why they sent you here, you can't have the badge just yet since the background screening isn't back.

Wonder how long it is till that comes back.

I would think it shouldn't take very long if he is at this stage. Maybe a week? Last time I went through this, I think that's what it took for me. In my case, my company continues to check your credit throughout your tenure. You have to keep it clean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance