Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2018, 12:15 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,103,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
It does not sound like "principle" to me. It sounds like "sour grapes" and jealousy.

Old 08-05-2018, 12:18 AM

6,751 posts, read 5,457,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
I have never heard of a will where the beneficiaries are "Households". Wills leave money to people, not households.
OP doesn't and won't see it that way.

Don't forget OP thinks it should have been left to people all right, but only equally to the two daughters, nothing to the(grand) kids.

OP will never see it.

We might as well give it up.

Old 08-05-2018, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
OP doesn't and won't see it that way.

Don't forget OP thinks it should have been left to people all right, but only equally to the two daughters, nothing to the(grand) kids.

OP will never see it.

We might as well give it up.

Wrong

I said IF granny wanted to leave a little something to the 5 grands then 10k each wouldn’t be so GROSSLY unequal

And 125k each to daughters

That’s 165k to 1 family

135 to the other

Not equal. But not ridiculous

Old 08-05-2018, 04:41 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,332,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Most of the people I’ve told agree with me.

I seriously doubt that. You mean most think it's OK to tell someone else what to do with "their" money? Not.

Even a few on this thread agree with me.

True...but again they said "they" wouldn't do that not that granny didn't have a right to do that.

I really don't understand why you care. You sound well off and that difference in money wouldn't change your life. And yes I can see granny's point of view "if" you are so insistent in talking about households(even though it was left to individuals and very fairly). The "households" earn about the same but the one with more children will have a harder time with bills because of more people. The one with the 100,000 a year income and one child...I don't feel bad for them at all. Heck their house should already be paid off

You sound bitter and get angry when people don't agree with you. You need to grow up and get over it. Live your life and don't let this destroy the relationships with your family. I can also say if anyone talked about "my" money choices the way you and/or wife had I would cut you out of my will in a heartbeat.

Old 08-05-2018, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
I really don't understand why you care. You sound well off and that difference in money wouldn't change your life. And yes I can see granny's point of view "if" you are so insistent in talking about households(even though it was left to individuals and very fairly). The "households" earn about the same but the one with more children will have a harder time with bills because of more people. The one with the 100,000 a year income and one child...I don't feel bad for them at all. Heck their house should already be paid off

You sound bitter and get angry when people don't agree with you. You need to grow up and get over it. Live your life and don't let this destroy the relationships with your family. I can also say if anyone talked about "my" money choices the way you and/or wife had I would cut you out of my will in a heartbeat.
They agree it’s grossly unequal. Again who’s is to say daughter 2 doesn’t have 2 more kids.

Financial situations are similar. No debt nice house savings

Old 08-05-2018, 05:44 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,550,461 times
Quote:
Settle down.

Most of the people I’ve told agree with me.

Even a few on this thread agree with me.

So you and I will never agree.

Comparing pizzas and number of bedrooms with inheritance? Pleeeeease...

Maybe they shouldn’t have so many kids with only two bedrooms
I find that interesting, I threw this question out to my coworkers ~50 people. Lol had a 30 minute chat at lunch, pretty much the overwhelming concensus was
1) everyone has the right to give THEIR money in any way they see fit
2) Children are not entitled to a dime
3) We'd be grateful and not whine about any money we got. But most of us grew up low middle class or working poor so we don't have entitlement mentalities.

So is your wife going to throw this in her sisters face forever?

Old 08-05-2018, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
I find that interesting, I threw this question out to my coworkers ~50 people. Lol had a 30 minute chat at lunch, pretty much the overwhelming concensus was
1) everyone has the right to give THEIR money in any way they see fit
2) Children are not entitled to a dime
3) We'd be grateful and not whine about any money we got. But most of us grew up low middle class or working poor so we don't have entitlement mentalities.

So is your wife going to throw this in her sisters face forever?

But there were some that agreed with me in your 50 person lunch

They can do whatever they want with their money

Entitled was never mentioned

Nope

Old 08-05-2018, 06:08 AM

669 posts, read 577,624 times
Quote:
Yes you are entitled to your opinion.

It’s not equal in my eyes. Maybe “unfair” is the wrong word
Are you the spurned family?

I am sick of the word, “fair”. My $$$..my decision.

Old 08-05-2018, 06:11 AM

669 posts, read 577,624 times
Recieving one gift to cover a Christmas time birthday with Christmas gift is not fair. ��

Old 08-05-2018, 06:20 AM

20,023 posts, read 8,913,884 times
Sounds like everyone was treated equally to me. Money left to grandkids is for them, not their parents, it's not "family" money. So many greedy people in this world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.