U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 03:42 AM

6,788 posts, read 7,175,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I'm liking the 4 shoe box solution the more I think on it:

1.) January, May, September
2.) February, June, October
3.) March, July, November
4.) April, August, December
and
5.) Better keep these ones long time or scan them

Even at Michaels the boxes could be bought for under $20 total.
Why spend that much?....I get stuff like that at the Dollar Store.
It's a box for holding receipts for just a short period of time......no need for spending more than a dollar on it.
It's not so deep that it warrants that much more financial investment or expenditure.

Instead of a box you could also use envelopes.....any size you want.... regular white business size, 4x6 or 9x11 manila...and they come multiples to a pack. Only thing cheaper than that is free.

Last edited by selhars; 10-22-2018 at 03:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2018, 09:33 AM

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río Porciúncula
14,518 posts, read 15,150,655 times
I charge way too much monthly to use an envelope. I'm one of those people who just runs everything through my plastic. I'm a man and I hate pocket change, and our cultural milieu does not fit with men carrying purses.

I get such a good deal with Amazon's Visa rewards program that I (1) don't have to mess with pocket change, (2) quick purchases since no change is involved, but (3) I end up with a whole mess of rinky-dinky charge drafts.

Note that Amazon's Prime Visa card gives you 5% cash back on Amazon purchases, 2% cash back from restaurants, and 1% from all other merchants. The pennies actually add up, and don't clutter my pocket.

Anyway I discovered I have two kinds of hobby boxes in stock, bigger ones from Michael's, and smaller ones from some other store. So my problem is solved, I just have to pick which boxes I'll use on November 1st.

Thanks for helping me come to a practical solution!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or