Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2018, 06:16 AM

2,301 posts, read 2,118,559 times

Advertisements

I remember that there was feature to allow customer to send email for some non-urgent questions/issues, now I did not find the feature anymore.

It is kinda annoying for removing the feature. I could not find the online chat either, it always shows "Chat is not available for this topic", something like that.

It seems that pretty much phone call is the only way to contact customer service???

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2018, 09:47 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,620,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlebeH View Post
I remember that there was feature to allow customer to send email

for some non-urgent questions/issues, now I did not find the feature anymore.
BOA recently 'updated' and 'improved' their customer service features.
Best I can figure it requires a smart phone and browser OS they support.
I don't have either.

I suspect it's a ploy to get more lobby traffic where the Merrill people can get a shot at you.
If any of the other banks were better I'd probably change over.

Old 10-19-2018, 10:07 AM

2,301 posts, read 2,118,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
BOA recently 'updated' and 'improved' their customer service features.
Best I can figure it requires a smart phone and browser OS they support.
I don't have either.

I suspect it's a ploy to get more lobby traffic where the Merrill people can get a shot at you.
If any of the other banks were better I'd probably change over.

It is annoying not able to send email when logging on. Phone call requires normal business hours, sometimes not everyone is free to make the phone call. And phone call always begins with account information verification, which takes much longer than sending online message.

Old 10-19-2018, 12:54 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,741,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlebeH View Post
It is annoying not able to send email when logging on. Phone call requires normal business hours, sometimes not everyone is free to make the phone call. And phone call always begins with account information verification, which takes much longer than sending online message.
It's like that for many banks, sellers and other businesses, they use this to chase you off before you contact them. They FORCE you to call them....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance